Breasts IN...27 Months Later Breasts OUT...Breast IN in 3-4 Months - Las Vegas, NV

I had implants put in November of 2012 along with...

I had implants put in November of 2012 along with an arm lift. Two weeks later I had a lower body lift. I have other blogs on those subjects.

My implants have been nothing but trouble. I cannot even say if I liked them because from the beginning there was an issue with my left breast dropping too low. A quick fix was tried but failed and it has been a year of both implants drooping lower and lower to the point that no bra fits me well, I cannot find a swim suit top and they are painful. I believe that they are sitting on my rib, at least that's how it feels and they have fallen below my muscle line. They are under the muscle but now sunk below it.

We have recently moved to a new State and I researched PS in my area. I found one who said that a good long-term outcome for me would be to remove my implants for 3 months, let my skin retract and heal inside then go back and do a revision. The revision is going to involve using silk mesh to create a new pocket.

I'm relieved to be getting them out tomorrow. I always thought my doctor put too big an implant in. I feel they just don't fit my body. So, in 3-4 months I plan to go smaller. These are 375 ml and 400 ml which isn't huge but I think because they haven't sit right on me, ever, they just seem like 2 big lumps on my chest. And not pretty ones either. My breast make me feel as if I have old lady saggy boobs, not the pretty, perky ones I wanted.

So that's my plan. Tomorrow I begin at least 3 months of healing and retracting. I had the arm, and lbl done because of my saggy skin so I don't know how my breast tissue will react. At least I won't be hurting.

Day One post explant

So, yesterday I had the implants removed. I had been so nervous not knowing what to expect. It really wasn't that bad. Dr Hankins numbed me up pretty well and they gave me a Valium. I only felt sensations. When Bambi, Dr. H's nurse showed me my breasts before wrapping me up I thought it didn't look so bad. When the numbness wore off I was sore and today I am too. Not sure how to describe the pain. It kind of feels like muscle soreness in addition to the incision. I was able to put on the little sport bra they gave me and then wrap the Ace bandage around that. I think the band to the bra is sitting on the incision. Also, the area right below, where the bulk of my implants were, is a little hard. I've got a call into the office to ask if that's OK. I have 2 drains.

I have more mobility than I thought I would. I guess I was expecting it to be like when I got the implants in. Of course, I had the arm lift at the same time so I'm sure both those procedures prevented me from lifting my arms up. I can take off/put on my shirts alright.

I was so ready to get the implants out. I feel like myself now...even though I'm flat as a pancake!
I go in for my post op next week.

So far so good but...

Well, today is the 3rd day after having them implants out. It's going well but there are a few unexpected feelings both physical and emotional. I am in more pain than I thought I would be. Is this the muscle retracting? I have 2 drains and the site where they exit is pretty tender. I can feel the tube inside me which is pretty weird. I'll be glad to get the drains out. The sports bra and Ace bandage feel good. I like the way they hold me in. The emotional part is probably normal. As ready as I was to get the implants out I still feel unattractive. I'm afraid my husband won't like the way I look. I know...it's only been 3 days. I have 3 more months so I'd better snap out of this! That's it for today. We're getting out of the house. Today it a gorgeous day in Las Vegas and I don't want to sit in the house all day.

One week later, drains out!

Whew...I got rid of the grenades yesterday. Drains are out! After a week things are looking better. I am hoping my skin, muscles and all the tissues can retract well. I see the doctor in a month. I am so glad I chose to have the implants out. During this 3 month waiting period I will do a lot of thinking about what I want to do. I know, after my weight loss, that my breasts will not be pretty without implants. I really wish there were enough fat there to give them some kind of contour. So, we'll see.

Ugh...I can't do any strenuous cardio for at least a month, possibly 6 weeks. And, no lifting over 5 pounds. I didn't expect to hear that. I can walk and that's what I'll do. I know it is so my INSIDE can heal. I have to remind myself that just because I may feel better my insides are healing and that is the point of my experience here.

Waiting

Since my last update I have seen my PS a couple of times. I had my implants removed and because waiting at least 3 months or more will give me the best healing time and end result this is what I've decided to do. May was my 3 month and during that time between Feb and May I took that time to really think about what I want to do.

I signed up to run in the Las Vegas 1/2 marathon which will be in November. So, I need to train for it and I know that if I were to replace my implants before then I would not be able to. My decision is to wait until after the 1/2 marathon. That extra time to heal will only be to my benefit. My PS said that about a month before the time I would like to schedule I should come in to discuss options.

I feel good with this decision. Weight training is getting my arms in good form and I've been running and increasing my distance. I've had a slight setback. My heel has been hurting so I'm doing other forms of cardio while I let that heal.
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon