2nd Time Using Juvederm Today - Las Vegas, NV

This morning I had an appointment to have Juvederm...

This morning I had an appointment to have Juvederm Ultra Plus XC injected into my lips. I have done this once before, but only on my top lip and had little change in volume even with an entire syringe in the top. Also, the previous doctor numbed the lips with an oral gel all over the lips, which did not numb the deeper tissue where the needle would be going, making it painful. I decided to try a different doctor this time around. He used a dental block instead, in which he injected two sites, below each eye and each side of the chin, via the mouth. The needle hurt a bit, nothing too intense, but I was soon slobbering and unable to feel the bottom half of my face. This made the procedure relatively painless, just slight pressure at the injection sites. He ended up using 1.5 syringes, and balanced out the top lip by filling in the bottom slightly. I am only about an hour and a half post-op, so still swollen and numb, but I can see a major difference from the first procedure. I think once the swelling goes down, I will be happy with the size. I have posted some before and immediately after pictures, and will try to update in a few days when my lips have settled.

Aaron Tate, Dermabella Med Spa on Smoke Ranch