Rose - Las Vegas

Yes it was worth it, I'm 64 and I feel 40, I...

Yes it was worth it, I'm 64 and I feel 40, I hated my turkey neck - I went in for the consultation thinking It was not going to be affordable and then I found it was. Sure there was about 3 days downtime that I didn't go out in public because bruising had occurred, but it faded pretty fast and there is good makeup out there. I was told everything of what to expect and it was just like they said- follow their directions and you'll be fine. Plus I was out of state and followup was by phone and one more visit to take stitches out and they were very accommodatiing.

Yes I did it in April 2010, I was 64 at the time I...

Yes I did it in April 2010, I was 64 at the time I am now 66 and feel it was worth every penny, I felt i had the information i needed in the preliminatry review. Yes there was some swelling and a little brusing. I had it done in early april 2010 so it was still cold here so i could wear turtlenecks to cover my neck. and after a few days i could put makeup on my bru
Henderson Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am sure the other drs. are fine also but Vegas apparently does more of these procedure than other state sites so that was why I went with him and I read all the testimonials in my initial consultation.

Updated on 7 Dec 2012:
I live in Boise, Idaho and knew I was going through LasVegas on a trip so I asked my lifetime partner if I could set up an appointment to look into the procedure. I went thinking I would never be able to afford it. I found after the appointment it was affordable and they had payment plans. Las Vegas was one of the centers that opened at first therefore they had the most experience and a book of reveiws. I felt good about the loactation and knew I could get there easily from Idaho without too much expense. A friend drove me to vegas the night before where we spent the night and the night after the procedure when I checked in so they could change my bandage then we drove home. I flew back in the 14 days to remove the stitches and all was good.

rosieriveter: Special Tax Refund? For a cosmetic procedure? Tell us about it!
I go for my procedure tomorrow. I am excited and a bit scared but looking at your photos it makes me feel a bit better...even though I am in Connecticut.

Rose, you look amazing. Thank you for sharing your story. @uconncass- how are you feeling? You're about a week out. Did you start a story? We'd love to hear.

Thank you for posting 2 years on -- it's so hard to get long-term stories, as people tend to be happy and just move on! I'm so glad to hear you're still enjoying your new look, Rosie.

You look wonderful.
your results are amazing. congradulations

Hi rosieriveter (great screenname :) -- Thanks for sharing your experience with the RealSelf community. How long ago did you have your procedure?

hi,I had it done mid April, 2010, which was a good time, because I was able to wear turtlenecks (in Boise, Id() before it really got warm here -and that was where the redness and bruising was the most because it was on my neck..the mild bruising I had on my mouth was able to be covered by a good coverstick..

are you considering it, I feel it was well worth it..

rose

I'm not considering LSL, just interested. :) Your "after" photos look great btw. Your jawline is really well defined.

thanks, yes that is what I was after-folks see me now and can't figure out what is different. I still have smoker lines that I would like to have the laser done some time but for now I'm happy with this. I got a special tax refund so that's the only way I could of paid for this, plus they give you free financing for up to a year through "care Credit", it's awesome, I'mm all paid for now.