32 Was Talked into a Brow Lift and Lower Lid Surgery - Las Vegas, NV

I went in wanting my fat pads under my eyes taken...

I went in wanting my fat pads under my eyes taken down. I only had a bag under 1 eye and the other was perfect. I only wanted 1 eye done and Dr. Herte told me she had to do both. Dr. Herte talked herself up a lot on how good she was at this and particular. My eyes were swollen for a month after the surgery and she kept telling me it was how I am sleeping. I was sleeping the exact way she told me to nothing else. But that wasn't the problem. after the swelling went down. My perfect eye was sunken in and hollowed out and the eye with the bag is the same. Still has a bag under it. she told me that it was a muscle not fat. I had a second opinion by Dr. hankies. He said it was not a muscle and that she didn't remove all the fat pad. That I would have to wait at least 1 year before having a second surgery on it to avoid scar tissue.
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Herte is a horrible doctor. She kept coming up with excuses to why I looked the way I did after the surgery. Never owned up to the fact that she did a horrible job. I strongly advise not to go to her. If you are in the las vegas area and want eyelid surgery I recommend Dr. Hankins and Dr. Sohn.

I am sorry you are so unhappy with your surgery. Any patient who has any concerns following surgery is welcome to return to see me and work on resolving any issues they may have. If this is the case for you please contact me at 702-732-9600. As you mentioned, we also urge patience following surgery to allow full healing before any consideration of re-operation for touch up surgery. Dr. Mary Herte
I did let yout office know that I was not happy with the surgery. That 1 eye was hollowed and the other still had the fat pad under it. Your staff asked that I come in at least 1 more time and I did. That was when you told me that the fat pad under my eye was a muscle bulging out not fat, I since had 2 consultations with different doctors and both said it was fat pad remaining from my surgery. You said that you wanted to correct it with a filler under my eye. I paid $4000 to correct it. Not to have to keep using fillers.
OMG! So sorry to hear that you went through this with Dr. Herte! I see that you are now four months post -- so have you decided to get revisional work done some time later this year?
Yes, I am with Dr. Hankins in Las Vegas.
It sounds as if you're now in good hands with Dr. Hankins. When you have the surgery, will he retain some of the fat in your eye? I remember reading that removing all the fat is how eyelid surgeries were done years ago, but it eventually led to hollowness a decade or so later. And how will he address the sunken, hollow eye?
Yes he did tell that we need some fat. That he is going to flatten it. Just take what he needs to out. As for the sunken eye. He said to leave it alone and see what happens in time. We put a small amount of filler to make it look better.
Dr. Hankins seems to have developed a very good doc-patient relationship and rapport with you! It seems that he is taking a conservative approach, which is awesome. Do keep us posted, particularly when you decide on a revisional surgery date.