Extremely Satisfied Veteran - Las Vegas, NV

That's right my cost was zero. And do you know...

That's right my cost was zero. And do you know why? Because for the last two years Clear Choice has run a little know contest for Veterans called " Star Spangled Smiles". What they do is select from people in each of the cities where they have Clear Choice Dental Implant Centers, who know of a veteran in need of implants. One veteran ( male or female) is then selected for partial or full implants. I know this because I was the fortunate Veteran who won this in 2010 in Las Vegas.

I have nothing but praise for the entire staff at C.C. No matter what my needs have been (why have been very little!!) they never hesitated to meet my needs. Also I have never been made to wait for appointment once I got there like most doctor offices. Since they won't brag to the public that they do this for veterans, other than on their web site, I will.I went from having no teeth in my mouth to having a full set of beautiful implants. I LOVE MY TEETH, I LOVE MY SMILE, I LOVE CLEAR CHOICE, I THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU CLEAR CHOICE !!. I feel what they have done for veterans deserves to be said and let everyone know how Clear Choice respects what veterans have done for our country and I am very Thankful for that. Jim

I'm going to have to look into this contest as well. My lower teeth have been a complete mess since I was a young child....my dentist (in early 60's) was 70 yrs old and would say "oh! you still have a baby tooth there? That doesn't need to be there anymore" and then YANK! It's out. Now I've got teeth that grew in sideways, I've got missing teeth, etc. The Air Force was great about doing all my uppers with crowns and veneers but said they couldn't do the bottoms because it would be considered cosmetic dentistry. Nevermind the fact that I've always had speech problems because of them and I know a big reason I can't find work these days is because of what my teeth look like when I talk. In the meantime, I barely get by on my pension and without a job I can't afford the cost of dental work. I too am in a catch 22. Retired vet, 56 years old, and the VA says they can't take care of my dental needs because I'm not 100% disabled, combat wounded, or a Medal of Honor recipient. I've got insurance through Delta Dental but they only pay up to $1000 per year and then I'm on the hook for the rest of any work done. So does anyone know how to get submitted or considered for this contest? I live in Saint Cloud, MN and I know there are a few Clear Choice facilities within a reasonable distance of me. Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone may have. My email is ***@***.net
Please don't put any personally identifiable information in public comments.  This is for your own safety, and is part of our Community Guidelines.  People can respond to your comment via comments, or, more privately, via the Private Messaging system.  When you receive a Private Message, it will notify you via email, so make sure your RealSelf mails don't go straight to junk mail filtering!

Good luck, and I hope yours will be a success story sometime soon!

BTW, have you ever tried going the teaching dental school route?
@twoplusone, yes. I tried a few years ago with the dentistry school at our state university. They couldn't do anything because they wouldn't take Delta Dental as insurance.
Dr. Brown and staff

SAID IT ALL ABOVE. However I will add that many doctors and staff are involved in this process and they all were fantastic. JIm