Best Decision I Ever Made - Langhorne, PA

At age 58, I was getting increasingly despondent...

At age 58, I was getting increasingly despondent about the loss of my youthful good looks. Upon the recommendation of a friend who had her eyes "done," I made an appointment to consult with Dr. Alan B. Brackup, located in Langhorne, Pa. about getting a lower facelift. Dr. Brackup's explanation of the pre-, post-, and actual surgical procedures were comprehensive and I found him and his staff to be very affable and compassionate. Although nervous about it, I found that after having this consultation and due to the care that his office staff took with me days prior to the procedure, my anxiety level was greatly reduced. Just days after the surgery, I was already seeing a vast improvement in my appearance and was able to get back to a minimally normal routine. Now, at about four months post-op, I am looking years and years younger. Dr. Brackup restored my former good looks and I couldn't be happier. There are no "tell-tale" signs of surgery and I am feeling so much better about myself. This man is an artist! If any of you who live in this area are considering turning the clock back, go to see Dr. Brackup. He will get that done!
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

This is a great doctor. He has a wonderful bedside manner, and is very comprehensive in delivering information about surgery, pre-op and post-op care. His surgical acumen is just outstanding; there is not any visible trace of having had a facelift and I had no discomfort after surgery.

Hi, I have an appointment to this week to talk to him about an s lift and fat transfer. Do you have any before and after pictures?
Sorry. I do not have anything from my personal computer to share; however, he has my picture(s) in his office "look books," which are in his waiting room. I'm pretty sure he will know who "Mary bo" is, if you ask him.

Its wonderful to hear that you have felt so pleased!

You mentioned getting back to a minimally normal routine within days. What were you able to do/not do at that point?

On clarifying what I meant by "getting back to a minimally normal routine," just days after my surgery: I had to avoid any activities that would raise my blood pressure/compromise any of the sutures. So, I was not able to bend over, go to the gym, sleep with my head below heart level or walk my 85 lb dog! Other than that, my daily routine was pretty normal -- I cooked, washed my hair, walked around the garden, and I could go out if I wanted to, but vanity kept me in -- I wanted to be completely healed before I did that. I had no restrictions at the 4-week mark and was comfortable going out during the third week. Hope this clarifies.