Dermapen Does NOT Work for Old Acne Scars - Langhorne, PA

A waste of time and money. Results aren't worth...

A waste of time and money. Results aren't worth the money or the down time. This Dermapen is just a big hyped up ad campaign. It made little or no difference to my acne scars and once again, I believed in a product that didn't work. The outcome wans't even 10% of what I expected. Nothing will work for old acne scars. They are just too difficult to change.

Also correction I meant to state that I had Derma Stamp for my scar NOT dermapen!
*i want*
I have to do derma rolling or dermapen for acne scarring(eventually I would like to) but I did have derma pen done for a scar on my upper lip due to a dog bite 22 yrs ago when I was 4 and it significantly improved the scar. It wasn't hypertrophic or red, it was indented and my skin pigment. I also have been using scar guard and the scar guard silicone sheets which help even it out a lot. My aesthetician used a 2 mm length needle. I've been debating on wether if I want to use a mechanical dermapen or a derma roller, I have heard both can be bad for your skin. I personal think the dermapen is more likely to wreck your skin. If you think about how the pen works and how you move it over your skin while 30 little needles go rapidly up in down without your control, you could be tearing your skin as the pen moves. The needles could be penetrated in your skin and when you glide the pen while they are in there it will rip your skin horizontally. I don't know it just makes sense to me. Also everyone with skin problems react differently with all treatments, it depends on how your skin heals, what products you use and how much you baby it after post treatment. I think I'm going to try an at home derma stamp NOT pen(mechanical) the stamp you have control when the needles move up and down, which I feel more comfortable with. Also I think the more holes you create the more healing your skin will do aka make a thick layer of skin because it believes it needs to scar there. I think the less holes the better possibility you will have harden and thick skin, making acne scars look worse. These are just my thoughts. :) like I said everyone's skin is different and unfortunately you usually have to pay a lot of Money(products,procedures ect...)and risk possibly making your skin situation worse to find out what works for you. Oh and I forgot to mention I have been using light therapy to help my skin issues and I believe it is working for acne and for my upper lip scar while it is healing. Anywho I hope this helps.

Saw this provider on a health segment on the local news saying this was a brand new, proven treatment with little or no down time so I believed it and had 5 treatments with no change to my acne scars.