So Happy With My Peel - Lakewood, WA

After years of smoking and tanning I went to the...

After years of smoking and tanning I went to the doctor to have botox and filler for the severe wrinkles around my mouth. I was informed it wouldn't help and that I should have a deep chemical peel. The experience was incredible.

The first week it was hard to imagine that beauty was beneath all the dead skin waiting to fall off. Now 5 weeks later I look like I did in my thirties. I just turned 63 and it's amazing to turn a year older and look thirty years younger. People again are telling me I'm so pretty, it's been at least 10 years since I've heard that. I would do it again with out a doubt. It's well worth the time and money. To remain indoors for 4 weeks for possibly 20 years of the fountain of youth is worth every minute. Go for it!

There has been some confusion on the type of peel...

There has been some confusion on the type of peel I had... I had the Phenol peel done at "Artistic Plastic Surgery Center" in Tacoma Wa. It is the strongest peel needed to remove layers of skin. I continue to protect my face with suncreen and a hat when I know I'm going to be in the sun for any length of time. I get Botox between my eyes but no where else.
Artistry Plastic Surgery

He is very experienced in the procedure, took excellent care of me, has a wonderful bedside manner, and was very concerned about my well being and comfort level.

Thank you I agree all women should do what ever they can within their budget to look their best...
So happy you had a great result. "Prettyagain", it's a wonderful way to feel, and there is no reason that women at any age should have to give that feeling up! Good for YOU!!
Only just came across this - Can you tell me if you were awake when you had this deep tca peel as I was advised that it would really hurt a lot and it was necessary to be knocked out? grateful for any advice, thanks

TCA peel is not as strong as Phenol Peel, therefore you do not need to be sedated. Please buy the book on peels by Dr Mark Rubin which is fantastic at explaining and directing on use. For example, you can make a weak strength TCA peel stronger by simply using more coats.

Yes you are put under. I would not say it hurts but there is burning. I was put under only through the application and then would awake until the next section was done. I was on medication that created a cough so they were not comfortable with leaving me under the through the whole procedure. That evening I took one pain pill at bed time and did not not another. There is swelling for the first day however the following day it disappeared. I am so glad I had it done no one can believe I am 65.

Hi, You look beautiful and can tell you have a great confidence about youself now. I love that. Confidence is truly priceless and can effect everything in your life. I know the peels and botox can get expensive, would you be interested in something that could replace these things for a lot less? I know of a product that estheticians are saying is doing what 3 chemical peels will do, in 30 days! Some people I've talked to said that they cancelled their face lifts after seeing what this product is doing for them.
Alisha - I want to know about it? please email me at - ssutton@phisciences.com Stephanie and thanks!

Stephanie I am pleased to answer any questions you may have about my procedure. I would do it all over again and I still have people tell me they don't believe I am my age and I look amazing.. I am happy to share all I can. Look forward to hearing your questions.

I like how sleek your experience look,I was considering a mid facelift,but I'm definitely asking my physician about this. You look stunning. orphan sponsorship

Thank you Pretty Again! Indeed you are! You have given me the courage to go too, thanks

How wonderful for u! I think u looked good before ur peel but now.,...u look amazing! I am 54 and cannot stand the smokers wrinkles above my upper lip. Hopefully ill win big in Vegas cuz i would spend my money on a peel. Good luck in life and be safe!

Hi Pretty again - I am now thinking you live in Washington (WA) rather than Western Australia (WA) - silly me :)

Yes it was a phenol peel.. the strongest possible

I had the phenol peel.
Was you put to sleep during the treatment?
PrettyAgain, I'm thinking you must have had a Phenol peel, not a TCA peel, from all that you've said. TCA peels are not a one shot deal, that's the Phenol peel. Also, you really don't get dramatic results from a TCA peel, but you do with the Phenol. So.....are you sure you had the TCA?
Hi, you look great and you know it. My question is - was it a TCA peel or a Phenol peel.
TCA is always considered a medium peel, but a phenol peel is a deep peel. Plus, did you have any post-peel complications?
Hi there,

I also live in Western Australia. I was looking in the mirror in Coles today (in the vegie department lol) because the mirror in the shopping centre's bathrooms were very small and high up. My pores really need refining.I googled the 'Artistry Plastic Surgery' but found no address, no phone number, no nothing... Would you be so kind as to post some contact details. Thanks
Sorry... Artistic Plastic Surgery Center; 3515 South 15th street, Suite 101 Tacoma, WA 98405
sorry to hear that, i hope i went to right doctor myself. I have done 5 fraxel&CO2 sessions so far. And only after the 5th time which was very recent.. i started noticing the difference and even other friends noticed the progress. Hopefully it will be all worth it at the end. Hope everything works out for you all the best
It is fun to look young in the eyes of your family and friends ...the problem is when you're a doctor and supposed to be wrinkled and tired in your late thirty..and nurses take you for an unexperienced young resident and oversee the orders and prescriptions you make to your patients. It is happening to me as I've started esthetic procedures on my face neck and hands since I was 34. It is really annoying as though wrinkles and tired face are my alibi in medical knowledge.
Hi, I wanted to ask you if there is big risk when you had this done? Was it real bad the first few weeks? Also, at any point in the beginning did you think you were wishing you had not done this? My biggest fear is that my skin could come out worse and do more damage. I would love to talk with you as I am contemplating doing this and want as much info as possible. Is there any way I can contact you via email or phone. THANKS so much. want as much info before I do this. THANKS. Cynthia
Hi Cynthia, Hope this gets to you. I,m set for surgery next month and a chemical Peel is one of the things my PS wants to do along with my facelift . I HATE my vertical lines above my lip, but he wants to do a whole face Peel TCA PEEL. I,m really only concerned about the lines above my lip. I not sure by reading people's post that it will take them away. I know the TCA Peel is the second strongest and it looks like that lady had a Phenol which is soooo strong. Did u ever decide to get one. Looking for some help as I am still sitting on the fence on this one. Thanks any comments would help. One of the PS says can get scarring if not done right. And that was a well known PS that won't do them, so have so many mixed emotions . thanks vikki
I did have a small area of scaring but with time has faded and not noticed. As for the wrinkles around my lips well he did do a light peel around them weeks after the deep peel however I didn't see much difference after the procedure. It is vital the the deep peel does not come into contact with your lips because it will remove the color in your lips. The deep peel is wonderful for reducing deep wrinkles and as for the wrinkles around my lips, I now use Nerium and it is doing a great job in removing the deep wrinkles around them. I hope this helps.
Sorry to bug you again, but you have been so very helpful as my surgery is just around the corner. I goggled Nerium, as I have not heard of it before. Where can I get it ?or do I order on line. It works well on scars and what else? How did you learn of this product sounds great. Thanks again Vikki