DO YOUR RESEARCH - It CAN Be Very Good! - Lafayette, CO

Go online and look for reviews of the providers...

Go online and look for reviews of the providers you are considering.

I've had numerous photofacials/IPL procedures, and I can tell you that you should definitely do your homework before choosing a provider. There are so many med spas around these days it's ridiculous, and I don't think half of these people should be laser-certified, (in my opinion).

My first set of 4 IPL sessions was done in Erie, Pennsylvania, and those were fantastic for taming rosacea; however, the med spa that performed the treatments is now closed.

I visited the Natural Place in Broomfield, Colorado for a series of IPL treatments that I had purchased through Groupon, and my experience was not great. The woman hit the area around my nose so hard that my skin on the sides of my nose was oozing and crusting for over a week. The laser tech should have had an idea of what would be too aggressive, and was not thorough in any way, shape or form. She skipped around my face with the laser and was done in 5 minutes. Additionally, she whinged (complained) about the Groupon special and said she never approved it. Wow... that's a wonderful thing to tell your Groupon clients. Needless to say, I will never return there.

My current provider is Aesthetic Solutions in Lafayette, Colorado. This location uses Elos for photofacials/IPL, and my laser tech is fabulous. I have been returning to this location for photofacial treatments, (following eMatrix/CO2 procedures at a separate provider which caused my rosacea to flare-up). The Elos photofacials really do wonders for my pink cheeks and help to even skin tone.

One very important thing I should mention about Photofacials and IPL: If you are looking for your pores to shrink or are considering this for skin-tightening, please don't waste your time. IPL does not help with either of those things, and no provider should even discuss these as a possible benefit. It's main use is for making your skin tone more even, so if you have sun damage, freckles, rosacea, etc. - this is the right procedure for you.
Aesthetic Solutions

THE BEST!

I am from Erie Pa as well. I have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Pollen. If you could share your contact with me, and also your results..... as I am a chicken and would love to be able to post pictures with a happy result.
What was the cost of your IPL treatment in Lafayette? Thanks for the word of caution and heads up.
My treatments are $125 each.

Thank you for sharing all of the detailed information and advice with the community.  This will be very helpful to others.  Researching the technician is the most critical part of the process.