Looks Great But Healing Time LONG and Some Probs Since - Tulsa

Had it done 3 months ago. Asked for the trim...

Had it done 3 months ago. Asked for the trim procedure (instead of wedge). Showed him drawings and photos of exactly what I wanted. What I found when I woke up was that he trimmed them down alright, but then sewed them to my outer lips.

Had it done 3 months ago. Asked for the trim...

Had it done 3 months ago. Asked for the trim procedure (instead of wedge). Showed him drawings and photos of exactly what I wanted. What I found when I woke up was that he trimmed them down alright, but then sewed them to my outer labia. So it basically looks like they were removed because I now have 2 labia instead of 4. I can't decide how I feel about it; I like the way it looks, but when I wash or sit or squat down to pet my dog, I gape open. There is no skin left to cover my bladder opening either, so I have suffered a bladder infection recently, and it still stings when I pee, making me think that my urethra is perpetually irritated by toilet paper chemicals, scented panty liners, or something. I can't decide how I feel about it overall. I love the look of my results, but I wish I had SOME skin to cover me so soap doesn't burn and so I am not battling UTIs the rest of my life. Oh, and when I pee now, it sprays everywhere - all over my legs, forward onto the toilet seat, backward on my bum...I never know where it's going to go. They said the swelling was causing that, but there is no swelling now and it is still happening. I am learning to live with it.

Angelo Cuzalina

I really like Dr C. He's very nice, and very helpful. I wish he hadn't taken it upon himself to remove my inner labia but I do like the man and I am learning to live with 2 lips. And it IS more comfortable when I walk and wear tight clothing, so...shrug.

Hey i to had my labia removed. can u message me so we can chat about our experiences please..
My sensation after my surgery is better. No "sweet spot" removal. Maybe it is a technical thing.
Hi Angiemcc. :-) Thanks for the comment. I have meant to upload new photos but haven't gotten around to it yet. I am still on the fence about my results...I still love the looks but the physical results (missing the sensation and stimulation of my inner labia, lacking ability to orgasm during sex because of the dramatic change in sensation since so much of my vulva was removed, etc) are frustrating. Hard to explain. I guess it's that I have a whole new sex organ and my husband and I haven't yet learned how to use it. I used to have "sweet spots" but they were removed, and there is so little left for my husband to "play with." Again, hard to explain. It's just very, very different with no inner lips. There is only fully outside or fully inside with no in-between. It makes for difficult stimulation. And the urine still goes every direction instead of straight down. Other than the problems I had during healing, which I did convey to my surgeon, I haven't told him about any of this other stuff. What would be the point, you know? I've had an amputation and it can't be put back, so I have what I have now. I guess I see no point in driving several hours to go tell him what it's like living with half a vulva. So, all in all, I'd say my satisfaction rating is about 50/50.

It's been a while since your surgery. How are you feeling about it? Did you mention your concerns to your surgeon?