Looks Great But Healing Time LONG and Some Probs Since - Tulsa

Had it done 3 months ago. Asked for the trim...

Had it done 3 months ago. Asked for the trim procedure (instead of wedge). Showed him drawings and photos of exactly what I wanted. What I found when I woke up was that he trimmed them down alright, but then sewed them to my outer lips.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Had it done 3 months ago. Asked for the trim...

Had it done 3 months ago. Asked for the trim procedure (instead of wedge). Showed him drawings and photos of exactly what I wanted. What I found when I woke up was that he trimmed them down alright, but then sewed them to my outer labia. So it basically looks like they were removed because I now have 2 labia instead of 4. I can't decide how I feel about it; I like the way it looks, but when I wash or sit or squat down to pet my dog, I gape open. There is no skin left to cover my bladder opening either, so I have suffered a bladder infection recently, and it still stings when I pee, making me think that my urethra is perpetually irritated by toilet paper chemicals, scented panty liners, or something. I can't decide how I feel about it overall. I love the look of my results, but I wish I had SOME skin to cover me so soap doesn't burn and so I am not battling UTIs the rest of my life. Oh, and when I pee now, it sprays everywhere - all over my legs, forward onto the toilet seat, backward on my bum...I never know where it's going to go. They said the swelling was causing that, but there is no swelling now and it is still happening. I am learning to live with it.

I can't believe you are not mad at your doctor. I hope the best for you but for the sake of other girls: don't get a Trim and choose an experienced doctor.
I was/am mad about it. I have contacted him about it and they invited me to come back in to discuss it, but that is a long drive for me just to go talk about something that should not have happened in the first place. I don't know how it could possibly be fixed now anyway, so I have just lived with it.
Hey i to had my labia removed. can u message me so we can chat about our experiences please..
Angelo Cuzalina

I really like Dr C. He's very nice, and very helpful. I wish he hadn't taken it upon himself to remove my inner labia but I do like the man and I am learning to live with 2 lips. And it IS more comfortable when I walk and wear tight clothing, so...shrug.