The Strange Things a Body Can Do - La Mesa, CA

Hello, I originally had a breast augmentation...

Hello,
I originally had a breast augmentation procedure done in September 2012 with Dr. Pousti. I was a very small B cup, but after having my procedure I am a very full D. I am so happy because I never could fit into things that were cute but also since I am blessed more in the rear I was a pear shape that turned into an hourglass. I'm relieved to be even both in the front and the back. After my procedure was done everything looked beautiful until my right breast experienced a capsular contracture. This was one of the things that was said could happen but doesn't happen to everyone. Everyone's bodies are different and heal differently at that. I had an appointment with Dr. Pousti that April 2013, and he seemed more disappointed with the results than I was. Don't get me wrong, of course I cared but it was so nice to see a doctor care enough for his work to be successful and beautiful. After talking with him we set up a date to have breast revision done. What he did was he trimmed where the capsular contracture was occurring and made a pocket to help my implant rest in the proper place. It's only been 2 months since my procedure and the symmetry is amazing. Dr. Pousti did such a beautiful job and I am most thankful to him and his wonderful staff for helping me through this. I would definitely recommend anyone to have not only their breast augmentation procedure done by Dr. Pousti, but also any revision work as well. You are in great hands with Dr. Pousti and his staff, they truly make you feel comfortable, taken care of and also they make you feel beautiful regardless of whether you are thinking about getting something done or if you are going to. There are no quick fixes for self-esteem, but having people around you where they see the beauty in you makes things a whole lot better. The important thing is to feel happy, and Dr. Pousti definitely made that possible for me. Thank you Dr. Pousti!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely hands down the best. He is tentative and very precise with getting every detail right. He wants nothing more but for the patient to be happy and comfortable.

glad your happy with your results!
Sorry about your CC, but i honestly think that Dr Pousti is the best doctor out there; had my BA in Europe but would really go see him if i will need or have to fix something in the future. Looking forward to your pictures :) C

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. Sorry to hear you suffered from CC but it sounds like your revision went well and your happy with your results. Was the CC uncomfortable or just visibly noticeable? How many cc's did you get? Feel free to share some photos. Congratulations!

Hi Beth! The CC process wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It doesn't hurt as much like the initial process of putting an implant in so that was relieving. Dr. Pousti made the incision in the same place he had done when I was getting implants put in. I got the scar serum with the steriod in it on my last visit with him since my incision mark had healed enough to begin that process. I would say in about a year the scar should be almost invisible. You asked about how many cc's did I get, on my left breast I got 492cc, and on the right it is 457cc's. My right breast was bigger than my left starting out but now thankfully they are not only the same size but with my latest procedure, they are the same symmetry. I'll ask Dr. Pousti's staff if they can help me put my photos on here so you can see what everything looked like and now what it is :) Hope you are having a great day.

Oh good, glad the CC wasn't too bad. That's great your PS was able to make an adjustment with your implant size to give you perfectly symmetrical breasts. Let me know when you post your photos. Take care!