Lip Filler - Belotero - La Jolla, CA

I was seen at my appointment time! Unheard of in a...

I was seen at my appointment time! Unheard of in a medical office. I'm used to waiting 1/2 hr or more, so that was off to a great start.
Dr. Fabi's nurse Marie is very nice, friendly and welcoming yet still professional. Dr. Fabi is soooo nice. She is so attentive and listens to your needs.
I had planned on getting Juvederm XC but after telling Dr Fabi that I didn't want to increase my lip size just have definition around the lip line, she recommended I have Belotero instead to prevent lumping which Juvederm can do.
Marie put numbing cream above and below my lips and waited for 1/2hr till they were numb.
Dr. Fabi explained everything she was going to do before she did it so I would be prepared.
I really appreciated this as I knew what to expect. It was not as painful as I expected and over before I knew it.
Dr. Fabi explained they would be swollen for a day and I might experience bruising which I did.
I am very fair skinned and bruise easily so I expected this.
The next day Marie called to check on me and when I told her I was bruised she told me to go back and they would laser the bruises for free so they would heal faster.
The next morning my bruises looked better and I was happy with the results.
I will definitely see Dr. Fabi again.
She is a rare find. Great at her craft and beautiful, inside and out.

Sounds like you had a great experience!  Do you remember what kind of laser they used for the bruising?
I believe it was the V beam. Painless and only took 2 zaps. Over and done with in a few seconds!
Thanks for responding, I know everyone who reads your review will want to know that! :)

Great Lips

After the bruising went away, my lips look the same but more defined around the lip line. Just the effect I was looking for. They don't look "done" just natural.

How long did yours last?

Great Lips

3 1/2 months later my lips still look great. I was told it lasts 6-9 months. I will update again at that timeframe and see if I need to re-do.

It's been 3 1/2 months and they still looks the same. The Dr said it will last 6-9 months. I'll post a new pic then and see if I need to re-do them.
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Fabi strives to give you a natural look without looking "done". She is the best kind of Dr. She has a great bedside manner paired with her skills and the intention to give you the results you desire.