Happy with Rhinoplasty and Filler in Lips and Naso-labial Folds - La Jolla, CA

I had been unhappy with the bulbous tip on my nose...

I had been unhappy with the bulbous tip on my nose since I can remember and finally decided to go ahead with a nose job. I saw three doctors before deciding on Dr. Kolstad. I liked the pictures of the work he had done and he was very generous with his care, attention and time. My surgery was pretty much painless (maybe because I had had no bone work done?), just a bit annoying to have the stuffing in my nose the first night and having a small cast on it for a week. It has been four months since my surgery and i'm happy with the results and my decision. The swelling is still subsiding a little and the skin is still shrinking to my new nose, but I like it more and more as it settles in.

I also had Juvederm in my lips and naso-labial folds from Dr. Kolstad. I'm very happy with those results as well. Very natural, smooth and attractive.
Thanks for sharing your experience! How long was it after your procedure until you were back to your normal routine?
not long at all. the first night was uncomfortable because there was packing on my nose and wasn't able to breathe through it. when it was taken out the next day, i felt pretty much back to normal right away. just that there was a cast on my nose for a week made me a little bit self-conscious in public. i didn't feel like i needed the cast for that long, but i guess it helps control swelling a little. also, i wasn't supposed to exercise for about a week or two, which is something i normally do. i certainly felt able to, but doctors orders... i would say a week before i was back to my normal routine just because that's how long the cast was on. it was really easy actually. i didn't have anything done to my bone. maybe that's why it was so painless?
Congrats. Would love to see some photos.
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kolstad's technique and philosophy seems to be natural, subtle and not over-done. He is very generous with his time and patient in answering questions. I've never felt rushed with him or like just a number. I'd recommend him to friends and family.