Depressed Abdominal Scar - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

When I was 6 days old, I had a surgery due to...

When I was 6 days old, I had a surgery due to something called twisted intestines (in layman terms) and as long as I can remember I have always had a very deep depressed scar.

Yesterday, I finally got a scar revision surgery done. The procedure was fairly quick (1.5hours). I woke up sore which is normal and I got to leave a couple of hours later.

So far I have been experiencing quite a lot of soreness and pain especially when i move. Sleeping is hard mostly because i'm used to sleeping on my side, but I can't because it hurts so much when I try to move.

I got to remove the bandages this morning. It was very scary. Peeling off the adhesive from my skin was not only nerve wracking, but painful, and the sight of it was not very pretty. It almost made me want to puke.

The results are fairly visible, the is not as depressed as it use to be. I worry that the slight depression will remain, but the doctor said that it is too early to tell.

1+ years post surgery

A year or more has passed, I'm pretty happy with my operation. It's healed pretty nicely although it's still red and I do have tiny keloids forming (my fault for not going for laser and check ups consistently). It's still slightly depressed, but that's due to the fact that I have fats around that area. The doctor did suggest lipo on my tummy, but I rejected that becuase I'm still young and it's nothing exercise cat fix.

I have been exercising consistently and it's very rewarding to see my tummy become flatter and flatter.

I can't say my tummy will ever look normal, but it's the best it can be at the moment, so I'm grateful.

some photos i forgot to post

Dr. Jalil Jidon

He has 30 years of experience. His resume and profile can be found on the internet.