Korea Asian Rhinoplasty W/ Paranasal Augmentation- Swollen and Fake Looking (Seoul)

Hello Everbody, I was considered very cute before,...

Hello Everbody, I was considered very cute before, like many Korean celebrities. I got enticed by the Korean plastic surgery industry. I am half Korean and the price and expertise could not be beat. There was some lost in translation moments. My nose was bulbous with a wide alar base and a deviated septum from a sports injury. I was told my before nose matched my face and that it was a button nose.

Well now my after nose is shaped like an L. I have a Gore-Tex implant that has raised my bridge 1.5-2 cm according to Dr. J. His clinic also recommended a paranasal implant to get rid of the lines under my nose that lead to my mouth. Now my cheeks look raised. My bridge actually looks weird from the semiprofile almost obstructing my eyes.

Nothing prepared me for this appearance! I have isolated myself for weeks, missing out on work and social outings. I get panic attacks about being seen. I look like everything you have read about: a raccoon, a Nav'i from Avatar, the Grinch, the Joker, Miss Piggy, Michael Jackson, etc. I definitely do not look like Halle Berry, Miss Korea, or Angelena! Of course not but I do not look like me!

What I hoped was just swelling seems to be my face! I am still only 6 weeks post op so I have months to heal. But in the mean time I have spent a lot of time in hiding and not smiling. It has actually caused my face to look atrophied from not being able to smile. Plus it is depressing and so disappointing. I won't even let the new man in my life come visit me. He is probably long gone after a month and a half! Stupidly, I pictured myself do beautiful at our first reunion. I didn't tell anyone but my parents because I wanted just a small change.

Dr. Jung at Shimmian Clinic

Even though my experience is undecided I still have faith that Dr. J is the best in Seoul. His clinic and staff were good. I just feel it is important to not get lost in translation. I hope my face turns out after this tremendous healing process.

Oh my G! Iam really considering going to Korea and have a rhino with him.Thanks for posting.I heard heard good in using rib cartilage.
how is the paranasal implant going?
Wondering if after one year did things changed? Wish u can come back to the site and make updates

Thx!
Sorry to put a name on the Dr J. but is it Dr Jung ?
How does it look now? I'm also half Korean and about to go to Korea for the same type of procedure...a little worried now haha! Are you happy with everything now? I hope you're doing ok!

did you go to korea for the surgery?

Oops I'm sorry for this late response! I did end up going and am very happy that I did.

Mine was a slightly different situation than Newnose710's because I went for a revision, and the Korean surgeon just fixed the problem so I'm happy. My nose isn't perfect, but nobody's is really, and I definitely like it better now than I did before. (The doctor here had just stuck a rectangle of cartilage under the skin of my nose and it was a very visible, slightly crooked outline that never faded--my mom said it looked like sushi, hahaha...awful.)

Newnose 710, I hope your nose has healed up beautifully!
Hi could you pls.tell me who is your doctor?Iam going there for revisional rhinoplasty.Iam having stress with my last surgery with a Filipino doctor that I trusted.
hi. may i ask who the filipino doctor is that you're referring to? thanks.
It's Dr.Condrado de Gracia of Medical city.Be carefull having a surgery with filipino doctor's,almost all of them are quacks.
hahaha.That's my nose now.I have a rectangle cartilage on my bridge.really really sushi.lily 0809,could you pls.tell me who did the revision to your nose?I have a schedule with Dr. Jung but Iam still afraid.

Do you have before and after photos you would consider sharing with us? Perhaps what you're going through is a sort of facial dysmorphia that is not uncommon after rhinoplasty. You can feel, for a while anyway, that you look grotesque. The truth may be very different.

Please keep us updated on your healing journey.

No. I kept in contact through my cousin. The staff was really pleased with my nose because it looks so straight and projected now. I guess that is the style in Korea. I kept emphasizing natural but I am not sure they understood. So frustrating.

Thank you for sharing your experience.  So sorry about your unhappy outcome. Did you go back afterwards to express your dissatisfaction?