At last I have a flat tummy - Sydney, Australia

Hi, I'm a 31 yr old single mum who has struggled...

Hi, I'm a 31 yr old single mum who has struggled with my weight my whole life. After reaching breaking point following the birth of my beautiful daughter 3.5 years ago I decided to get some real help with my weight loss journey. And through much thought and research I opted for gastric sleeve surgery which is the removal of the most part of your stomach.
Almost 3 years on I finally decided to complete my weight loss journey with a tummy tuck.

I've considered having a tummy tuck for 12 years but never thought I'd ever have the chance or money to get it done.

After loosing 31 kgs and found a new love for running I am finally starting to feel comfortable in my own skin but there is still the problem of my stomach. But as of Monday that's all going to change!

I'm really excited for my new body and the chance to start again. I never felt right in my body and even with all the weight loss and excersise i do i can never show all my hard work cause it was hidden by my layer of stubbon fat and loose skin coving my stomach and really looking forward to the reveling of my hard earns abs!!!
The only thing I am worried about is the swelling and recovery. I live alone with my daughter and that worries me although I have an abundance of family and friends who are there to support and help me.

I am lucky that my private health insurance is covering the cost of the hospital stay so I am not limited to professional help and if I don't feel up to going home I can have the option to stay in hospital longer.

Im 2 days pre opp and couldn't be happier! Even though I know I'm in for a lot of hard work and pain to achieve my goals. But with all the research I have done thanks to wonderful sites like these I'm hoping the outcome is well worth it.

It's D Day I'm very excited. I know I'll be in a...

It's D Day I'm very excited. I know I'll be in a lot of pain after today but hope its all worth it! Sure it will be!
I've done all the research I can and prepared myself so hopefully I don't get any post op blues!
I have to be at hospital nice and early 6.30 am and I'm awake now! It's only 2am I feel like I'm going on vacation!

My girlfriend took before photos of me yesterday so I'll post them eventually!
Dr Damien Marrucci

Referred by GP. Internet search.

2 days post opp.
Feeling very stiff with muscle tightness but also great im so happy with the surgery even if I have swelling! You can see such a difference.
I'm very fortunate to be in hospital still. They are really looking after me.
My drip came out today but still have 2 drains in. I think they have been the most uncomfortable part of it all.
5 hr's post op and I'm feeling fantastic. I have hardly any swelling yet so hopefully it won't get too bad.
I have no real pain yet either which is great, but I'm preparing for tomorrow cause I heard the following days are worse.
And the best thing is the instant results how awesome having a flat tummy of the first time in forever!!!

Thank you for the update!  I am happy to hear you are pain free and doing well.  Stay on top of your pain meds, rest and take things slow.

Keep me up to date.

Welcome to the community.  Thinking about you and will be waiting for an update on how you are doing.

Thank you very much for thinking of me. I feel so happy.
This community is such a great thing. Thank you thank you thank you xx