Almost Finished - Knoxville, TN

I recommend that you visit more than one plastic...

I recommend that you visit more than one plastic surgeon and find one you like. After seeing the 1st one I left his office crying. I knew I had to beat this for my children. If you are about to have this done ask questions from others who have had it done and find the right doctor MOST IMPORTANT....

I am in the last stages of my reconstruction and I will post pictures. The picture I am posting is of the ex panders. They will be removed and implants put in around the first of March.Please keep in mind these are NOT the finished product...

Well I went for my last expansion before surgery...

Well I went for my last expansion before surgery yesterday. My surgery to remove the expanders and put my implants in is scheduled for April 16th. I am so excited that I will finally feel normal again. I have decided to go with the saline implants rather than the silicone. If something were to ever happen to one of them my body can absorb saline with no problems. Three months after I get the implants I will go back and Dr. Wilson will make me some nipples. I will be sending pictures once i have my implants in and then with my new nipples.

Latest photos

I now have my implants, just had surgery on Dec 26th, liposuction on abdomen. Took fat from sides & ab area and added the fat to chest area to fill in around my implants. They also added some in my upper chest area where there was no tissue. I am so happy with the results. I need to get someone to take better pictures for me and I will do that and post some more later. All I need now is nipples.
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

They took time to answer all my questions and explain everything that was going to happen. I received numerous calls at home after my surgery to see how I was doing and if I needed anything. They made me feel more like family than a patient. I saw another plastic surgeon here in Knoxville and He just told me what he was going to do and when to come back the day before my surgery. He had no bed side manor,I had just found out I had cancer, was was the compassion ? I was sick when I left there. I canceled my surgery and found Dr. Tim Wilson, that was the best decision that I have ever made.

Oh, wow...congratulations! You're looking great! I'm so happy to see your progress and thank you for keeping us updated. Looking forward to your additional photos.
PSHARP' Looking good, babe! jeddy031
Oh can you post pics when your done. I too had breast cancer and bilateral mast June 2012. I need revision for some problems and I'm not sure whether I should go back to same surgeon or diff one. They sit too low, lateral displacement, not same size. Discouraging after all I went through. Don't want much more surgeries. My doc told me it can be multiple surgeries to get it right?
Yes I will be more than happy to pay some pictures when I get them. They are going to put my implants in a week from today. Them I will have to go back in 3 months and have nipples made. So far I have been very pleased with the results but I have an awesome doctor.
Wanda here are some new pictures. Hope these help with your decision.
I two weeks out from my breast lift with dr Wilson, they are so nice there
They are the most amazing people I have ever met. I will be having my expanders removed on the 16th of April and my implants put in. I just love Dr. Wilson and both Nancy's and Irene. They have been so good to me throughout this battle I have been through with my cancer and all. I am so glad that you like them. He will do a GREAT job. Good Luck & God Bless...
This is a great page to read. I started reconstruction in oct2011 and it all went bad. Now in Aril will be starting all over with a new surgeon but now I have to do the flap reconstruction from the back with it because in one breast the skin has been damaged to bad. Anyone had this done. Doing surgery in Witchita Ks
Hello everyone, I went in for another expansion and it is going great. I am up to 820cc in each expander now. I will go again on Feb 11th and they will add 100cc to each side then. After that I will wait about 6 weeks before having the implants put in. Everything looks great and feels really good. Its odd I have never had any pain or anything when they expand mine. Some people do but I guess I am fortunate that I don't. So that's where we are for now. Thanks everyone for all the encouragement and remember we are all in this together.
Wow...you were expanded far more than me. My PS took me to 750 and my implants are 700. They are cohesive gel silicone and I love them. Victoria Secret bras fit very well. I went from a padded B cup to filling a D.....a big change for me. I go in 3 weeks for the nipple surgery....April Fool's Day. Best of luck to your!
Hi I'm 4 weeks post-op and am having complications to include infection and edema. I can clearly see the outline of my implants and one side has dropped. My doctor told me the largest gel implant made is 800 cc. Does anyone know if thats true?
I found the expanders were the hard part. The final surgery was much easier, because I culd finally get a real breath in. Sadly the reconstruction did not turn out well and I am on number 2. And I am doing it with a fat transfer method. It is not easier to go through, but it is giving me a great result. God speed and bless you and your family.
slee0304 Why is fat transfer method not easy? Did you have it done in one session only? Did you have lifts with your transfer? What did you think of transfer with lifts at the same session? Is transfer done, then lifts at a 2nd session?
I had liposuction done to transfer fat from my abdomen to my chest area. This was done to fill in around my implants wheee I had no tissue. Then I had a lift done on the left side only. The reason is because it sat a little lower than the right side did. I am really pleased with the results at this point. I still have to have nipples made and I should be finished. I have saline implants. I was just extremely sore and weak worm this surgery. It takes a lot out of you. I barely have any scares at this point.
PSHARP, GOOD FOR YOU THAT THINGS ARE GOING WELL FOR YOU. OH, AND SAY "HI!" TO THE GUY BY YOUR SIDE. VERY USEFUL INFO. Q 1: Did any PS say whether a radiated breast can take a fat transfer and then get a lift? Q 2: Did you have your transfer done and your lift done immediately thereafter? I've had one consultation, am awaiting a second consultation, and hope to have the procedure(s) done in July or August at Harvard's Mass General Hospital. Are you no longer sore and weak--how long has it been? Best wishes, jeddy031
I didn't have any radiation so no to that question. Yes I had the fat transfer and the lift all done at one time.
PSHARP, The first PS I consulted didn't do fat transfer; bah humbug. My new consult should clarify the radiation issue. I'm hoping he does the transfer and lift at the same time, same as you had. Thanks so much for your comments. jeddy031
When my PS did my lift he tacked it to my rib cage. Just tell him that's what you want to do. If you leave it up two them they will have you in and out of there time and time again. My doctor isn't like that. I waited longer between surgeries but in the end the results speak for themselves. As you can see. Be sure to look at the pictures I just added some new ones. You can see a huge difference from the beginning. Good luck & God Bluss
I can't begin to stress how important it is to have you mammogram. I had missed mine and it had been 18 months since my last one. For some reason I decided to call and schedule mine so I did. After having it the nurse came in and asked if I could wait a few minutes for the doctor to look at the pictures and I said sure. Well it went from that to and ultrasound. Then to a MRI 2 weeks later with a biopsy to follow. Results being Invasive Ductile Carcinoma. In my right breast. I was one of 3 in my family diagnosed within 6 months with 3 different types of breast cancer..

Oh my gosh, are you serious?! I can't even imagine the shock and fear you must have been dealing with. Do you mind me asking if all three of you were able to beat the cancer?

My cousin & I both had double mastectomy's, my aunt had a lumpectomy. Mine was not in my lymph nodes but my cousins was. She had stage 4 and had to have chemo and 39 radiation treatments. While all I have had to do is take Tamoxifen 10 mg for the next 5 years. There is only a 6 % chance of mine returning with me having all of my breast tissue removed. My Aunt my mothers sister refused any treatment but seems to be doing good so far. My cousin is in the process of having her breast reconstructed and will be finished this spring.
Bless you all. I have triple negative breast cancer caused by HRT. There is not family history of any type of cancer. You are strong women and my thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Yes I am in remission since June 2011, but still working on my breast reconstruction .
PSHARP, You and your family have been through sooo much. God bless you all. I think that Primary Care Physicians/GYNs should schedule a woman for her annual mammogram as routinely as they perform annual Pap smears. We need to find breast cancers as early as possible, and we have to have a consistent procedure with which to do that. Everybody, talk to your Doc to get a procedure for mammo testing/scheduling as a part of every woman's annual exam, starting with your clinic. My IDC--noninvasive--was a Level 0 and all but 1/2 cup size of my breast tissue was preserved despite shrinkage from radiation. Let's see more Level 0s, and not the so numerous higher levels. It's really up to us and how hard we push as individuals and as a community of women. Mammos, mammos, and research for prevention. jeddy031
I have to say I was very Blessed I have had a mammogram every year since I was 35, due to family history. My doctor scheduled it for me every year and early detection is what kept me from having to have chemo or radiation. I chose to do the double bilateral mastectomy because of my history. I am cancer free and only a 6% chance it will come back. I do take Tamoxifen 10 mg daily for the next 10 years. I can live with that. I stress to everyone how important mammograms are. I had the Bracca gene testing done and I was negative. I was go relieved I have a 14 year old daughter. Her grandmother on her dad's side had breast cancer as well. So scared for her. I will be praying for you & your family.