Yeh, They Are Out! - Kirkland, WA

Getting rid of breast implants is a very personal...

Getting rid of breast implants is a very personal decision and can be scary, the pros are feeling lighter, looking and feeling authentic, and hugging people without anxiety. If you are questioning this decision talking about it with a close friend, or someone who has gone through the exp. & or counselor/therapist can be helpful. It can be expensive. The outcome has been great! I thought my breasts would be hanging and totally deformed not the case. This has changed my life, it's easier to exercise, stay fit, do yoga, and hug people. I wish I knew someone that had this procedure to let me know how easy it was, and I only wish I had done it sooner!

Kathleend, So sorry you are experiencing Baker IV Hematoma. As far as preparing for the possible emotional outcome i.e." I may experience depression." You may not experience depression. Any type of loss can be hard. What you are losing is the idea the breasts you wanted, not the Baker IV damaged breasts. It's normal to feel scared. I was too but I am so glad I got them out I feel healthier and surprisingly sexier because my real breast tissue is soft and warm. Have you considering making a list of all the benefits of having the implants removed, then looking at that list when you feel down? Best of luck to you. So happy for you on this journey. Please post an update. Thank you for expressing your true feelings.
I have a Baker IV with a possible Hematoma, pending the MRI. I am over the top with emotion and pain, waiting surgery of implant removal, CC and anything else my doctor sees as a hematoma. I'm satisfied that I trust my surgeon. Concerning this reversal surgery: It is needed to reverse breast augmentation 23 years ago. Aged,old technology implants with accrued and documented complications of potential health risk for these implants of 23 years to remain in my body any longer, the removal is necessary for my health and well being.
This is the beginning of my journey. I expect a complete healthy recovery from the surgery. But I may experience depression after the surgery.
I currently await explant approval from my insurance company.
If anyone can prepare, help me for to be expected, greatly appreciated.
So glad you are smiling and surgery went smoothly. You did it!!! :)
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Partington spent a lot of time answering all my questions. He provided multiple options. He is very charismatic & charming but that is not the reason I chose him. I selected him based on his honesty/integrity, surgical skill based on ratings of his peers, and proven outcomes esp.with people who have lost a lot of weight and have excess skin. His staff of nurses & office manager where respectful & responsive. I never felt judged which is important to me. After care follow up exceeded my expectations. It's important to know that your surgeon has the skill and exp. doing this surgery. Many surgeons may attempt to talk you into replacing with new implants, if this is the only option they provide run. Dr. Partington provided multiple options, spent a lot time answering all my questions. He respected my choice.