Genuinely Caring, Passionate, and Professional Doctor! - Kirkland, WA

I had thought about getting breast implants since...

I had thought about getting breast implants since I was in my early 20's. It was a big decision for me, and took many years of contemplation before I was ready. Finally, at 39 years old I was ready emotionally and financially and started to ask around for referrals from woman who had the surgery done.

Over the years I have been to 5-6 consultations at different cosmetic surgeon's offices around the northwest. I never had a preference for a male or female doctor, but it just so happened that all of the docs I saw were male. While they were polite enough, and I'm sure skilled, they all seemed to protray a kind of 'blase' attitude towards me and the procedure. I just attributed this to the fact that they have done so many breast augmentations that they were bored talking about it. At each consultation, I spent about 20 min with the surgeon himself. I didn't know anything different. I have a friend who had her breast augmentation done over ten years ago. They still look amazing, and I asked her where she got them done. She referred me to Dr. Aysel Sanderson in Kirkland. She raved about Dr. Sanderson, so I made an appt.

When I went in for the consultation, it was a completey different experience!! She spent so much one-on-one time with me. I was so impressed with this. She was informative, caring, honest, and genuinely passionate about her work! I could tell that she cared deeply about me, how my results would effect me, and really dove deep to find out what my concerns were, and what I really wanted! I have worked in healthcare for over fifteen years, and I can appreciate the value of how she treats her patients. Truly a class act. I had the surgery done in May.

I am EXTREMELY happy with the results! And something else that suprised me...everytime I return to the office for a post op, she spends just as much quality time with me as she did on that first consultation. She is calm and receptive and you never get the feeling that she is rusing off to another patient. She gives you her full attention. Two times I have mentioned her name to other healthcare professionals in the area, they always say the same thing, "Oh, yes, Dr. Sanderson is very well respected in the field." To me that just confirms my feeling that she is an amazing doctor. I feel so incredibly lucky to have found her. And I am so happy I waited until now to have the procedure done, it was worth the wait! I highly recommend her, and have the utmost trust in her.

I chose saline, round, moderate profile, placed under the pec muscle. I was an A cup and now am a full C. (approx 330-340cc's) I took a week off work, I would have preferred to take a 10 days, but it worked out ok because I am at a desk all day and only have three day work weeks.(my dr. recommends 2 wks). The surgical bra (worn 6wks post op) is so secure and snug, that while my chest felt a bit strange, I felt ok. You just have to be very careful of movements you make. I would say that the first three days are the hardest. Just achiness, grogginess from surgery/meds, and you can't do any movement that uses your pec muscles (you underestimate how many simple daily movements utilize these muscles). I was off pain meds by the day I went back to work. I had a great recovery, and overall I think it was much easier than I was expecting. I truly believe it had everything to do with following the pre/post op instructions by the book! (very important with any surgery!) Lots of rest, fluids, and a vitamin cocktail 2 weeks prior and two weeks post op to promote healing.

Thanks for the extra info!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'd love to know more about what sort of implants you chose and how your healing progressed?

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon