A Little Nervous - King Of Prussia, PA

Ok, I have been talking about getting my stomach...

Ok, I have been talking about getting my stomach area done for a a couple of years now. I wanted the liposuction and tummy tuck but I am afraid of the invasive surgery and recovery time. So I heard about SmartLipo and thought, ok, this I can do. I am scheduled for the 26th of this month. I started ready reviews and so many people are saying it was a waste. Can someone hear telling me differently.

I will have my procedure on just two days. I am...

I will have my procedure on just two days. I am getting a little anxious and nervous. I went to post op last Saturday, and there was a woman there who just had the procedure done around July. She was not happy, be wise she needed to get a tummy tuck afterwards. Is this common, or does it matter now much of that sag you have. .

So yesterday was the procedure. The procedure...

So yesterday was the procedure. The procedure itself was just as everyone said mild to little discomfort. The doc and nurse was very nice and talked to me entire tie whether I was coherent or not.. I had a couple of laughing moments and a couple of ouch moments. The overall experience was ok...after I got home, well tat was an entirely different story. Wow, pain settle in fast. My hubby tried changing my padding and well that did not work to well.. He is a perfectionist and I was standing too long and passed out for a couple of moments. That freaked him out more than me.. E was done for the day... However, all on all he was supportive (even though he left the house for air a coupe of ties). He couldn't take me being laid up.

So tha is the day after and while the pain has subsided a little, there is like a tinged of pain on,h side. I am hoping that the ice packs will help that.. I have not seen self after the surgery yet. I'm too nervous, Ill wait until the drainage has stopped, which should be today. So I'll try to purchase photos tomorrow. Fee.omg a little drowsy so I think is nap time again

Ok here are my post-op day 3.. i see a bit of...

ok here are my post-op day 3.. i see a bit of difference but not much.. hopefully that'll change in a couple of weeks.

Ok, today was my first post op visit. It's been a...

Ok, today was my first post op visit. It's been a week and while I do see a small difference, I know it's time and only been seven days. However, I just need to say that the swelling is driving me crzy. I just kept saying oh my gosh, wth.. I not feeling this feeling. Then it dawned on my yesterday, it feels like the last couple of weeks of pregnancy, I feel like I am caring around something other than me.. I know it's the swelling and I am healing fine and I don't regret getting this done, but ughhh, if I can skip the swelling part, I would be happy as a lark. Next week I am getting the lymphatic massage, I ask the doc about it today, I I heard many of you speak highly of it. My doc said it is highly recommended if you can do it. It will take care of some of the swelling by releasing some of that fluid and assist with the healing process as well. So I already found my person a coup,e of days ago and after I had my appt this morning, I called her immediately. Not ready to show any more pics yet, but I tell you what, my meals will now consist of yogurt and honey nut cereal. I am trying to stay away from salt, I figure that would be my best bet... Maybe that will also eliminate the swelling. I am drinking a lot of water, but apparently not enough... So I am going to increase my intake on that. As y'all can see, I don't like being in comfy or in pain.. Shoot, the procedure was better than this. Ok, I am going to bed guys.. I was on a call for six hours straight today (I work from home) and I am truly exhausted and tender....

17 days post op and the change that I saw this...

17 days post op and the change that I saw this week (following daisy advice and staying away from the mirror) was my hanging fat was gone. That was exciting to me. I can wait on the other change, but seeing that go away made this procedure worth it more than any other part. I didn't think that would go away because the doc said I had loose skin.. well it is gone for now (praying its not a fluke and returns) and happy to say good-bye. I am however, very swollen still and need to get a massage. I have been travelling for the past two and was not able to. that will be the first thing on my list this week. Happy healings to everyone.

Wow, I am one month post-op today. I can proudly...

Wow, I am one month post-op today. I can proudly say that this was worth it. I am seeing a difference that is noticeable. I have also started to have the lymphatic massages. I have had two so far and I can say that I am seeing improvements with just the two, but think I will go for at least 2 more sessions. I know that it takes time to see the ultimate result and I am ready and waiting for them. I also started back on my elliptical machine. I am looking better in my clothing. I am still have swelling so I am still in dresses and jogging clothes. Hopefully, by next week and I resume to my dress pants, it is getting cold outside. To everyone, I would like to thank you for sharing your stories. Without you, a lot of us would not have been able to get through these critical weeks. Thanks again everyone. I will post pics periodically. Happy healing to everyone.
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

He answered all my silly questions during the procedure ad he was very entertaining.. He also called me later in the evening after the procedure

Great results!! Cant wait...im so impatient. Dont you just want the final results now?!! Haha!! Do you think you should wear the garment longer than the recommended time of 2-3 weeks?
Hey wannabe...glad to hear ur feeling so great...happy for u...it will continue to get better and better...WTG!!!
thanks muffin, you are our champion cheerleader on this site. We can always depend on you to cheer us on and give us strength, you are truly appreciated. Thanks.
Hey wannabe...thank for the compliment...we have to stay POSTIVE or we lose the battle...we have come so far..think about it...where u where b4 surgery and the difference now....we need to stick together cuz we are all going thru the same ups and downs and stress of this procedure...if we support each other we know we are not alone...I am so grateful to all the awesome people I have met on her...I am very close to some more than others...such as u...I want u to be happy...I know how bad the "downs" can suck...lol...so lets stay POSTIVE...rah rah rah....lol...I am glad I have connected with u and so many others...we are all cheerleader for each other....so GO GO GO
How are things coming along?
It's coming along.. I don't have the hanging.. That disappeared last week.. Still some swelling but not as bad as before and much more bearable. I am going Monday for a lymphatic massage.. Thanks for askibg
LOOKING GREAT HUN....I to stayed out of the mirror for a week....it helps...and when u look..its like WOW...keep up the great work....sooo Happy for u!! :)
Looking good wannabecomfy! Hang in there...from what i have read we have to be patient for results. We will see them progressively. I can defineitly see a difference in your side view. Keep me posted.
thanks.. i am still sore and swollen..just touching my stomach is a twinge of pain as well as trying to get a good nights sleep. funny, during the procedure it was tolerable.. now im just a big ole' whinining cry baby..
my pre-op pics are probably not the best. ill get the ones that they took andost them
Ok this is dy three post op, last night was the worse because I was sooo restless. I am up already. I went downstairs to get a bow, of cereal to eat and water. I am sitting in my husbands "man cave" because there is a reclining chair. I still have a little pain, mainly when I stand. Once I am up I am fine. Still have not looked at my body yet. However, my daughter came by yesterday to sit with me and she said she can tell something happened. I will get up the courage tomorrow and then look. I think the drainage stopped. So maybe ill be able to get some pics tonight instead. My poor hubby has been the best. He didn't think I needed the surgery (how sweet), but he has been taking good care of me.
Hey wannabe...hope ur feeling better today...make sure to change ur padding often to avoid in infection...I would lean ova my bed when my husband did mine...take a warm cloth and clean area up a little and redress at least couple times of day depending on how much fluid is leaking...i leaked right thru my garment...but only had leaking for 24 hours. Try to get up and move around some...Happy Healing!! Cant wait to see pics..... :)
hi there wannabecomfy- I hope all went well today. Get lots of rest and post when you can. I am sorry to say that I was not able to have my procedure today...bummer! My doctor's nurse called last night about 8p and told me that the doctor had a family emergency and that we needed to reschedule. It is scheduled for next Thursday morning now....so once again I am in a holding pattern. Wishing you comfort and happy healing! Terri
Terri....so sorry it got cxlled...I know it must of been a huge disappointment..especial when ur like ready, set GO....It will behere b4 u know it... :)
Aww I sorry to here that,, I did have mine yesterday. I am a little nunv s c discomfort...
I just wanted to check in...I hope you are doing better today. Happy Healing.
I am nervous, anxious and excited. Just want to get it over with and begin the healing. I think I am more worried about the healing part than the procedure. I am a very impatient person and with this you just have to wait....I figure I will probably not sleep too much tonight, but I am going to try. I wish you the best, get some rest tonight and positive thoughts!!!!
same here.. my thoughts are consumed with the outcome as well... ok.. good luck to you... get lots of rest... hoping the best for you.
Hi there- i too am having my procedure Friday. We can help each other with support and just being there to listen. Wishing you great results and lots of support!
Yes we can. Are you nervous. My husband just asked me how i was feeling and i told him i dont know. Which is so true. He thinks i am ready to back out and that is not the case. I have been soo busy with working today (i work from home at times) that i really didnt think about it. However, I am sure the nerves will kick in tomorrow
One more day, good luck!!!!!! Thamk you sooooo much, Im glad I was able to inspire someone. Before I had the surgery I was so confused I didnt know what to do. Reading these post helped me to make up my mind as well and Im soooooo glad I did. I love my new body and would do it all over again if I had to. Wishing you the best.
Wannabe, how do you feel? What did your Dr say about excess skin? I had smart lipo almost four weeks ago and I am still swollen which is very common with this type of procedure. I have learn from my personal experience and others as well, that is almost mandatory to wear your compression garment 24/7 to minimize swelling. I also read reviews from others that are way ahead of me, 2, 3 months post op to have a glimpse as to what's on storage for me. This is a great site and it has help me tremendously, my only regret is not finding it earlier. God be with you tomorrow and if you can, drop a message to let us know how you doing.
Best of Luck to you with ur surgery...keep us posted :)