310 CC Removed on 04/08/12 Under LA - Kent, United Kingdom

I had my implants done 7 years ago when I was 37...

I had my implants done 7 years ago when I was 37 and although I happy afterwards and they looked good I think I was just too old to adjust to such a drastic change in body shape. My partner at the time was happy I was happy and he thought I looked great so for a long time I didn't admit to my disappointment.

Then one day about 2 years ago I realised that if I didn't like them I could have them removed which I had never thought was an option. There wasn't much to read on the internet at first because it was just before the PIP scandal but over the past year I have been so grateful for all the posts and photos uploaded and very encouraged by some really good results, without a doubt this helped with my decision to go ahead with the removal.

So a very big thank you to everyone’s posts and photos and I will post my photos soon!
Removal was 6 days ago(04/08/12) and I can't believe how quickly I have adjusted and have absolutely no regret. The day after they did look a bit strange with two big dents in the upper and sides. The dents are becoming less visible but until the swelling has died down and any fluid gone then I won't know for sure. They are definitely a completely different shape from before with a lot more volume in the bottom half but very flat above. Still I think they look good and maybe even bigger than before (but then after 7 years I am a bit bigger too)

I must mention that I was completely awake during the surgery because I opted for local anaesthetic. Mainly because I wanted a quicker recovery and because I was intrigued to know what the surgeon was doing. It was quick surgery with little to no pain but it was the compete awareness and rush of adrenaline which was not easy to cope with so I wouldn't recommend it unless you really sure.

I had 310cc silicone moderate profile above muscle which took me from 34A to 32D/32DD although they were supposed to be 34C. I had no CC and no rupture just a change of mind.

I hope this is helpful to whoever finds this post and I'm happy to help with any queries.

London Plastic Surgeon

I would definitely recommend having a consultation with Mr Davison if you are looking for a surgeon in Kent (UK). I felt very relaxed and he took the time to explain and discuss my concerns, the likely result and whether it was something I really wanted. A letter followed with a quotation and summary of what was discussed and I was advised to take my time which I did. In fact it was 11 months before I decided to go ahead. I had surgery at Spires St Saviours Hythe and the facilities and care were excellent and nice sea view too.

Fab result, congratulations on your explant :)
You look great.im having explant in a week..whats the worst part of being awake during explant? Thats my plan. Gonna take a valium on the way to take the edge off.
Good luck next week! The worst thing was the adrenaline rush I had half way through and made my legs shake but other than that it was all very very easy and quick. Going to dentist is worse! I loved being awake and being aware of what was going on and being able to drive home a couple of hours later was good too. Valium might be good because you'll still be aware but relaxed - but never taken so don't know. Its been two years and result has been brilliant and I'm very happy. You will be too!
You look great! It is strange too, that within 2 months after surgery I have lost about 7 lbs without changing anything. I think our bodies are happier without those foreign objects in. I know I am much happier without them, small boobs and all:)
Yes I thought it was just because I was so happy at finally having had them removed but who knows maybe there is a link in some peoples bodies. It's great you've had a great result and are happier - I know how you feel. :))
Seriously? Your breasts are so much sexier natural! It gives me hope. I'm 38, had them for 9 years, scared of sagging
Thank you and yes you should definitely feel hopeful! I wouldn't describe it as sagging but more that they now hang a bit lower before. My skin has shrunk back completely and the breast tissue has completely settled into all the right places and I can hardly notice the place where the implants used to be. I completely feel for you wondering what your result is going to be like and being scared but if you are completely sure it's what you want and have been wishing for it then you will be fine. When I think back to what they looked like after op and how they look now there has been probably 100% improvement. It's a great thing to do if it's what you want. :)
You look great. I just hope that I will look as good as you. What size are you know. And how long did it take your breasts to take their shape.
Thank you! They took their shape pretty quick and there wasn't much swelling and what there was didn't last long. So you'll notice the shape straight away although the shape will be a bit deformed with dents where the implants used to be and the tissue will feel uneven but at 3 months that will all be gone and your breast will feel quite normal. At 6 months there is still improvement and for the better. I'm probably at small 34B. All the best with your removal! :))
You look amazing! What size are you now? I'm 3wks post op, my breasts are fuller than I imagined them before removal.
Yes mine too...I'd say I'm probably 1 cup size bigger but there isn't much upper volume which is probably the main difference to before. I don't like bra shopping so I don't really know what size I am plus I've been fine with the nonwired bras I started wearing a couple of weeks after the surgery. At six months they are actually the biggest they've been since the surgery and I think it may be because the tissue has now become unquashed and moved around into all the gaps. I don't think you will get smaller than you are now at 3 weeks unless you had a lot of swelling but you will notice the shape changing and for the better. I hope you are happy with your result :))
Thank you for sharing. I'm having my surgery next week. I hope I look as good as you. Its nice to know there are other people who feel the same as us.
Thanks and all the best to you for your surgery next week :))
Hello, I've recently found out I have PIP implants, and I'm just waiting for a scan to see if they've ruptured (I think my left may have). I'm thinking of explanting as I haven't been happy with them for a number of years and I feel like I just want them out of my body. Reading your story has really reassured me that having them removed is the right thing for me. I can't believe how great you look after explant and this has really spurred me on! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this site! My confidence in explanting grows with each story I read! :)
Hi there and thanks for your post and it's nice to know that my story has helped you! There must be double the posts now compared to when I was looking so lots to re-assure you and good stories too. I am going to post a six month photo but to be honest I haven't worried at all about the result. I just feel so happy the big breasts are gone and that what I have now looks normal and I'm me again. I hope you have good news from your scan and wish you good luck with that . Please feel free to ask me any questions and I'll help if I can :))
I'm hoping the scan goes well too. Although my clinic will remove for free if there's a problem with them. If not I think I'll give your doctor a call. You've given him such a great review! Can I ask, you said you had used creams & oils to help with the healing process. What did you use? :)
Hi. The creams were Palmers Bust Cream and Bio-oil and I used them before and after (when I remembered) but be honest I think it's got more to do with the kind of skin you have - surgeon said my skin reasonably thick so had potential to shrink back ok which it has. Yes good surgeon and everything he predicted has been right. Also I was pleased he didn't take out capsules when they didn't need to be and I didn't have to have general - which was good for finances as well as recovery. All the best with the results from your scan actionvonjackson and let me know if I can help with anything else :))
I'm so excited to see your new photo :)
You look amazing! Delighted to hear such a happy ending x
Wow! Amazing results! I hope mine come out so well!
I showed hubby these (how bizarre to be showing pics to hubs of other people's boobs!) so that he could see the amazing capacity skin has for retracting and the changes that can happen. You look fantastic by the way!! :) How are you finding the change in your sihouette? I think that's one thing I would struggle with - I actually don't remember what I was like before. I have pics of me with clothes on, but I'm pretty sure I'm wearing a padded bra in them all, so it's really hard to tell! I kinda like my overall shape now, but I'm older (and wider, if not wiser) and they just don't look as good with no clothes on.
Hi louloubear. Lol that you showed your hubby my photos and it's strange for me to even put my breasts on the internet when I have always been so shy about them!!! Anyway, unlike you I didn't really like my shape before the explant because I thought I was too top heavy and I hated their shape - I just wanted them out! I agree though I can't really remember how I looked 7 years ago but I think I look better without implants than with implants...and I've lost about nearly 5 kgs too which I didn't expect and is very bizarre. I did use creams and oils though to help my skin shrink back and my surgeon said my skin was quite good and also I don't know if not having had children has made a difference. Most importantly I think you just need to be so sure it's what really want to do and then you'll be fine and if you're more excited than apprehensive then you're making the right decision. All the best to you louloubear xx
You look amazing and though I live in London, it would be worth going to Kent to use the same surgeon you had! A newbie to this site, but have been reading all your posts for weeks which have been really helpful. A brave choice for all I say! Does anyone who has had it done notice a return of normal sensation? Have you noticed a different, Kent5606? xx
Hi Felicitygal Yes I have noticed a difference with sensitivity but to what degree I don't really know. Although on night of surgery my right side was twitching like crazy for quite a while it stopped me sleeping and it felt like my nerves had come alive again, although medically that is probably completely wrong! Yes contact Mr Davison - Kent's not far from London and I think they might use a variety of hospitals in Kent so could be one nearer to you. When I first enquired 2 years ago I tried surgeons in London first because I lived there for years, but none of my calls were returned when I asked about removal without replacement, so then I tried Dartford and met with a surgeon there who seemed ok but who couldn't say if I would need to have a capsulectomy or not until the actual surgery, so it was third time lucky with Mr Davison who was local and just said yes ok to keep capsules in, no overnight stay needed, think about it and then didn't charge the earth. Hope this helps you and if you have any more questions I don't mind helping if I can! xx
Hi Kent 5606! Thanks so much for getting back to me. I have taken the first steps and will be seeing my surgeon who originally implanted me (Alex Karidis in London) on Friday, and having my ultrasound to find out the state of my PIPs. Very luckily for me, he is offering to explant FOC as I was implanted by him back in 2003. Are the capsules the scar tissue which forms around the implant? So you left yours in? I hope to get some normal sensation back as for the past 9 years they've been painful (feels like bruising even if prodded lightly) annoying itchiness that I can't scratch away due to the numbness, and painful nipples - mainly always errect, plus have this dull ache on my right side of my chest. Sometimes I get sharp shooting pains like my nerves are still trying to knit together but can't. It's been so inspiring to hear your story and others and that so many have come together to support one another and shared advice and experiences etc. I hope to be explanted before Christmas and will post pics and all on here too. Big love. XX