Tuck with Lipo Very Worth It! - Katy, TX

Had a tummy tuck with no muscle repair and no lip....

Had a tummy tuck with no muscle repair and no lip. Drooping happened within a year. Do not have a tummy tuck without muscle repair or lipo. I was told muscle repair was not needed. Revised tuck with lipo and 3 months out, everything is GREAT. Do opt for lipo, its very worth it. Clothes fit way better and I'm super flat.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

He and his staff were amazing. Got a late release from the hospital the following day, but got an explanation and apology straight from him. Wonderful and quick appointments as well as fast surgery dates. I chose him via Katy Magazine.

Hey lady! You look good in your after pic. I had a TT but with the MR the first time but I didn't have the lipo and I had a high scar. I was left with fat still in the front and all along the scar line and with an ugly scar. I went back to the same doctor and was able to get her to do a revision. She did a scar revision with Vaser Lipo. My scar is longer now too around my back. From the little holes everywhere on me if looks like she did quite a bit of lipo every where from my sides, to my front to my back. Its hard to tell exactly how I am going to look though since I am still pretty swollen. How long did it take for your swelling to go down and for you to see your results the second time around? Also, were you saying the scar was worse the second time? Its kind of hard to see from your pictures.
Yes the scar was worse the second time. It had to be wider due to some indentions left over from the first time around. It was also very dark. I did not want to go back to the first surgeon, because I feel he butchered me more than necessary. I found a different doctor and payed full price LOL And come to find out, he was cheaper with the Lipo. I have two spots on each side of my flanks where it kind of puckers out a little bit And you can see the entry holes. My swelling took about two months from the Lipo To go down. But the visible results were already amazing! When I first had it done, I was a 36 waist. I believe now I'm at 32. And that's about how small is going to get. My bust and my hips are 44, so it looks really great! I just had the traditional Lipo. What's the difference on yours? And thank you for the compliment! We work hard to get here don't we?!
Hey girl, thanks for all the info. I am 2 weeks PO revision for my lipo and scar revision and still feeling pretty sore and swollen. How long did the soreness and swelling last for you? Would you say you were swollen for 2 months??? Vaser Lipo is supposed to be a more modern way to use Lipo using a technique called LipoSelection. VASER Lipo targets specific areas of the body. Ultrasonic waves break up and separate fat cells for removal, while leaving vital tissues unharmed. Its supposed to also tighten your skin. I am stressing because I still feel tight and swollen, especially on my sides which I think she did the most work on. I know everyone swells differently but I guess because this is a redo I am extra sensitive to the healing time and results. I just want it to be OVER!!!
A GOOD two months with Lipo for me. My sides were super tender, but my back from being hunched hurt longer. I'm almost 4 mos post op and still wear my compression if I'm wearing heels or on concrete. Just makes me feel better and I feel "swollen".
Oh ok that makes me feel better knowing that. So while your sides were tender, were they swollen and did you notice them do in and settle after 2 months where you could really see a difference?
Did the same dr do it or did you have to find a new surgeon? I had a tummy tuck wo muscle repair and my stomach is horrible!!! My dr wouldn't even go back to do the muscle repair which I thought I had!
Nope! I had to find another doctor and pay for it all over again! The original surgeon told me all through the process that he was not going to do it again. Which is really horrible, seeing that he could tell that there was a mistake Or he wouldn't have said that at all. My current plastic surgeon told me that everyone needs muscle repair. It doesn't matter if you've had kids, if you're overweight or not. Everybody needs some type of muscle repair when doing a tummy tuck. Sorry to hear about your experience. It looks like we got less work for our money. It's very upsetting. My original doctor was part of the Houston top Drs. Association. He got awards and currently talks on talk radio here. I can't believe that with all his years of experience he would leave me like that.
Well I'm happy you had the courage to do it again!!! I want to sue my dr so bad but when I tried to find a lawyer nobody wanted to take my case bc they say there was minimal damage!!! They just don't know how much damage it cost emotionally!!!
Yes. I was told that I signed my life away and it being an "elective surgery" I was a lost cause. I waited 8 years to scrounge up the money to do it, just to turn around and go through it again. The orig doctor said it was my fault, I did too much and it didn't take. My current PS does not agree and I agree fully with him. I thought the outcome of the first one was going to be just what I wanted. A higher scar line, a bellybutton off center..yeah, I was mad!
Check my pics out!!!! He screwed me up!!! And he swears up n down that he did a good job!!! When I told him I was ashamed and it looked bad he told me I had a pretty face anyway and that I put too much emphasis on my stomach!!!! That retard took my money happily!!! And when I wasn't satisfied he belittled me!
OMG girl, that is EXACTLY the way I look after my first surgery. He told me fluid had collected there and it would go away..No ma'am! Because no muscle repair there was NOTHING to hold the puckered muscles down! ugh..you are beautiful - don't get me wrong, but that is the WRONG thing for him to do/say to someone who paid for something and got something else. My thoughts are with you. The only thing that can be done is to have it done again. :(
Thanks and yr right!!!
Omg...I'm glad your happy. Did one hurt more than the other? Were you able to get rid of most of the first scar?
Yes. The tuck was harder the second time. I had major muscle repair and lipo on the flanks. The lipo was tender. My scar was not right (too high) and to correct it, the scar is larger and darker in color and wraps around my side so it's longer now. The scar line could not be changed. I had no bruising from the lipo or tuck. The first time around I was black blue and yellow lol.
Wow... Well u are a strong women to go through it twice. As long as your happy. Congrats