Happy with Decision! No Regrets! - Katy, TX

I just wanted to share my experience briefly. I am...

I just wanted to share my experience briefly. I am 44 and have wanted to have a BA for the last 5 to 10 years. I am 5'9" and 125 lbs. I have two children ages 13 and 19. I did breast feed. Before kids I had a full 36C and never really appreciated it. Then my chest went the way of most women post kids and aging. I ended up asymmetric with a B and a small C cup. Bras never fit right. I work out all the time and except for my breasts I've been doing a decent job of staying in shape. So after going back and forth, I decided to bite the bullet. My husband has been very supportive. I found this website and it has been a Godsend. All of the women on here have been so open and honest and generous with their experiences and advice. I don't think I could have made it through these past two weeks without all of you. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I feel like I know many of you.

I am 4th day post op and am having zero regrets. My PS put in Natrelle silicone implants. On the left I have a 339cc midrange profile(it was my bigger boob before) and on the right I have a 400cc high profile. When I first went to the PS I told him I wanted to be as small as possible. that I wanted like 270 ccs. All I can say it that it really pays to trust your surgeon. He or she knows what they are doing. They understand your build, weight, height, etc. I was soooo worried I would be too big. Thank heavens I went with his advice. I wouldn't want any smaller. My recovery has been uneventful. I started walking the next day. Post op days 2 and 3 I walked 5 miles. And yesterday I toned and did curls with 15 lbs in each hand. I'm telling you this because I know there are a lot of women out there who work out too and are concerned about when you will be able to get back to it after surgery. I can't wait to start running again. I usually run 5 miles every day, so that is something I am missing. I go to my post op tomorrow and will know more then. At the VERY latest I will back to everything except pushups at 4 weeks. It'll be here before I know it. Sleep the first two nights was the most difficult, esp night 2. But now its fine. I am trying to stay raised, but I slip. And I am a stomach/side sleeper! The trade off is awesome and it won't last forever. Ill be tossing from side to side again before I know it. Today I took out all my VS bras and NONE will fit again. I do not own a real bra for the first time in my life. Only sports types. But my lingerie and swimsuits look so pretty!!!!! I was practically laughing when I tried on my pretty nighties. I can't believe its real. Should've done it sooner. My husband never made me feel like I needed this BA. He loves me so much, I'm so spoiled. Its a second marriage for the both of us. We have been together about 4 1/2 years and will be married for 2 years in June. This is just icing on the cake!!!!

Oh, and I am a pretty modest person so I was chicken with the photos. So I took befores and afters in a swimsuit top. For those thinking 339/400 high profiles are big, look at my pics and decide for yourself. Again, I'm 5'9 and 125 lbs. I definitely don't feel they are too big. I know they sill have to drop. I'm hoping not too much!!!

Thanks you everyone for sharing your stories!!!! It was like someone was holding my hand through all of this! ;)

Hello everyone! I have been off the grid. My 19...

Hello everyone! I have been off the grid. My 19 year old left for Marine Corp boot camp yesterday:(. I am so sad. It is consuming me more than my BA, which is appropriate I guess. I am 11 days post op and everything is great. My only physical complaint is that the stitches are beginning to itch, but that's a good sign I think. I have some questions for all you girls that work out and run....When did you start running again, how many bras did you wear, did you feel like could "displace"? Also, when did you start doing pushups again? I am soooooo ready to get back in the saddle. Walking is the most boring thing I've ever done. I love to hike, but plain old walking here in flat central Texas is driving me nuts. I don't go to the gym, so stationary bikes, elipticals, etc are not an option. I know I'm only 11 days out, but I need some good news from those of you who can feel my pain!!! And one more question, as far as support bras go, is everyone just wearing like one good one, for example, just a Genie or Ahhh, or champion? I've been wearing a genie type AND a zip up. I'm paranoid I guess. I just don't want anything to happen to them? I LOVE THEM!!!! For twenty years they looked like crap, I can't believe the transformation. But I am sick of wearing two things. Would some one give me permission to wear just one:)))). Any advice in regards to all of this would be so appreciated!
Katy Plastic Surgeon

My surgeon decided on two different profiles and I am nervous. 360 mod and 420 HP in smaller boob. My surg feb 11. Oh I 6ft tall and 200 lbs. Your blog gives me reassurance though. Thanks :)
GoBigTallGirl is really tall if I remember and did 616 ccs!! ;-)
Oh yes I follow her and your blog :). It is the different profiles that I am anxious about along with size difference!
Hi! I haven't posted in a while. I'm three weeks post op yesterday and I am sooo happy with results still. The differences in ccs were something I was unsure about, but now, I realize they were so necessary. Wouldn't change a thing. PS's know what they are doing! I was soooooo nervous preop, but I haven't had a regret since the day of surgery, not once! Mine are 70 ccs different with same profile difference.
Thank you Gardenmom!!
Looking great. I've been wearing 2 sports bras together and my babies don't move. I have a bigger size than you although I'm just a few inches taller than you at 6'0 1/2 in. I'm going for my 6week post op on Friday and really loving my babies. I've been working out harder this week ( basically all lower) and feeling great. I used two champion bras I bought at Target and when I wear just one I use the VS zip front bra. But my babies are still dropping so the band doesn't go all the way down on my VS zip front. I'm ready to do upper but it feels so strange when it moves with the muscle. I want to talk to my PS to make sure everything is good. Just take your time .... You know your body limitations.
Are you running? If so when I'd you start and how long do you run?
I've read where some ladies wore 1 good supported nra and some wore 2 to ensure they wouldn't move. I guess whichever give you the most support. I got mine done on the 3rd and started back lifting on Monday, I usually run for 20 min twice a week but I'm passing on that and getting on the stepmill for a while. Just find a good supported bra and you'll be fine. Enjoy tour run.
So we are one day apart! I'm glad you're back to working out too! I think I'll wear two bras when I start running. Like a danskin high impact and then a zip front from VS or lulu lemon or underarmour over it. :/
You look great! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to get back to working out either! I got on the elliptical today & just didn't use the arms, but it will be nice to do a full workout, I only did 15 minutes, I'm 6 days out! I did get some VS zipfront sports bras online, I don't think they have them in the stores. I think the size looks perfect on you.
6 days out and allowed to do cardio?? Wow .. My doc said I couldn't get my BP up for 2 weeks and didn't clear me for any cardio until this week. (I am 3 weeks post op today.) I have has a super easy recovery too! Just take it easy .. A friend of mine felt great and rushed into working out and now 4-5 weeks post op is experiencing a lot of pain. I also got some great sports bras Danskins at Walmart for not a lot of money and Champions at Target. Good luck ladies and keep us posted on your journeys!! xoxo
Do you think the VS zip front will be good for running? If so I will order one online. I actually went to VS and it's seems I'll be at 34 DD. But I'm still buying C sports type bras for support. What do you think? They smush a little, but the larger seems like they will "give" to much and I don't want that when I start to run.
I ordered med & lrg since I wasn't sure what would work, I figured I could just return what didn't end up fitting. I had a hard time finding them online at first, they came up in the clearance section, hope that helps! They seem to be pretty nice, but I haven't done any hard workout yet :)
My PS said I could walk the next day. And work out too, but nothing that would use my pecs. He restrict cardio at all, but even with what I've been doing my heart rate hasn't gone up. I haven't broken a sweat since my run the morning of surgery:(. Of course I was too sore to workout the first few days, but around day 4 or so I started back with toning. But I've been walking since day one. But I don't want to start back too early because I don't want what happened to your friend to happen to me. That's why I asked for everyone's advice. I don't want to be stupid and take two steps back in my recovery. I mean I FEEL like I can run now and do pushups, but I KNOW at 12 days that I would be sorry. I appreciate everyone's advice and input :). And I did buy those same bras at Target and Walmart. I think I'll start wearing the Target ones for everyday and the Danskins when I start running along with something else. It seems the Danskin high impact will be more supportive... Thanks!
Ok thanks! Will do. You can't have too many sports bras as far as I am concerned.
I just wore 1 genie. :) and I started running at 4 weeks (though this Texas weather lately hasn't helped). My ps said he thought I would only need 1 sports bra as long as it was a good one. I got a lululemon one and the irks done move at all. However, I think the increased hr caused a little pain and swelling on my problem boob... (I have a spot healing longer, nerve regeneratin is the assumption) and it was sore. But no bruising or any reason for it to be. I think I might have overdone it. So, I would just say when u run start slow and let pain be your guide. ;)
Sorry for the autocorrects.
Ok thanks. I should order a lulu lemon one online. We don't have a store here. I love their stuff. Thanks for the advice. BTW, I love your review! You are so funny!
Thanks for the compliment. :) I just call it like i see it. I found the lululemon bras to be true to size. just as an fyi. What they measured me at victoria's secret (though i still think that was wrong) is the size i bought. They had measured me a 38d. I bought a 38d, but wear it on the tightest clasp. I probably could have gotten a 36dd but they didn't have one of the ones i wanted in store, i tried a 36d, but was too tight, i didn't want to be that uncomfortable.
My husband and I are going into Houston this weekend. We need a new car. We will be in the Woodlands and I see they have a store there! So I will just make a stop in. Thanks for the size advice. I think at VS I will be a 34 DD. it's sounds so big, but really they arent lol. At least we don't think so:). But I will try on a few at lulu.
Yeah.. It's funny how "glamorized" bra sizes were to me before. I thought DD was huge... Now not so much. :) I don't have a store near me either.. I did the same thing stopped into one when I was near one. Now I know size I can order online but wanted to try them on the first time. :)
And my husband and I were talking about that breast size thing too. DD breast aug looks way different than DD fatty breasts. I think that's what I am used to seeing. Lots of women are taking those fattier DD's down a notch. It's so absurd. My DD's look way better than my sagging Bs!
Cheers to DD's! Heck, cheers to our boobs or soon to be boobs whatever size! ;o)
What Doc did you use?
Dr. Rodgers. I am really happy with him so far. He came recommended by a friend who is very picky. I need to do a review on him.