Happy with Decision! No Regrets! - Katy, TX

I just wanted to share my experience briefly. I am...

I just wanted to share my experience briefly. I am 44 and have wanted to have a BA for the last 5 to 10 years. I am 5'9" and 125 lbs. I have two children ages 13 and 19. I did breast feed. Before kids I had a full 36C and never really appreciated it. Then my chest went the way of most women post kids and aging. I ended up asymmetric with a B and a small C cup. Bras never fit right. I work out all the time and except for my breasts I've been doing a decent job of staying in shape. So after going back and forth, I decided to bite the bullet. My husband has been very supportive. I found this website and it has been a Godsend. All of the women on here have been so open and honest and generous with their experiences and advice. I don't think I could have made it through these past two weeks without all of you. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I feel like I know many of you.

I am 4th day post op and am having zero regrets. My PS put in Natrelle silicone implants. On the left I have a 339cc midrange profile(it was my bigger boob before) and on the right I have a 400cc high profile. When I first went to the PS I told him I wanted to be as small as possible. that I wanted like 270 ccs. All I can say it that it really pays to trust your surgeon. He or she knows what they are doing. They understand your build, weight, height, etc. I was soooo worried I would be too big. Thank heavens I went with his advice. I wouldn't want any smaller. My recovery has been uneventful. I started walking the next day. Post op days 2 and 3 I walked 5 miles. And yesterday I toned and did curls with 15 lbs in each hand. I'm telling you this because I know there are a lot of women out there who work out too and are concerned about when you will be able to get back to it after surgery. I can't wait to start running again. I usually run 5 miles every day, so that is something I am missing. I go to my post op tomorrow and will know more then. At the VERY latest I will back to everything except pushups at 4 weeks. It'll be here before I know it. Sleep the first two nights was the most difficult, esp night 2. But now its fine. I am trying to stay raised, but I slip. And I am a stomach/side sleeper! The trade off is awesome and it won't last forever. Ill be tossing from side to side again before I know it. Today I took out all my VS bras and NONE will fit again. I do not own a real bra for the first time in my life. Only sports types. But my lingerie and swimsuits look so pretty!!!!! I was practically laughing when I tried on my pretty nighties. I can't believe its real. Should've done it sooner. My husband never made me feel like I needed this BA. He loves me so much, I'm so spoiled. Its a second marriage for the both of us. We have been together about 4 1/2 years and will be married for 2 years in June. This is just icing on the cake!!!!

Oh, and I am a pretty modest person so I was chicken with the photos. So I took befores and afters in a swimsuit top. For those thinking 339/400 high profiles are big, look at my pics and decide for yourself. Again, I'm 5'9 and 125 lbs. I definitely don't feel they are too big. I know they sill have to drop. I'm hoping not too much!!!

Thanks you everyone for sharing your stories!!!! It was like someone was holding my hand through all of this! ;)

What Doc did you use?
Dr. Rodgers. I am really happy with him so far. He came recommended by a friend who is very picky. I need to do a review on him.
Congrats Gardenmom you look great. I'm taller than you but workout a lot and looking forward to full clearance next Sat (will be 6 weeks postop). I have natrelle style15 616cc and when I go out in clothes, they don't seem that big at all. I do weigh more than you 6'0 1/2 in 190 lbs but they look great. My friends were making me nervous saying they would be too big but I trusted my PS and u lose 50cc when you go under the muscle which I did. I was a saggy 36b and I think when it's said and done I will be a 36DD. My frame is larger so moderate worked best for me and they look very natural. I can't wait to buy fancy bras cause I'm a stickler for matching bra and panties under my clothes. For now it's VS zip front sports bra, genie bras and champion sports bras. Glad you are happy with your babies and I will be following your updates. I don't think we have as much dropping to do with the moderates just probably more fluffing. Time will tell. Enjoy your babies. I know I'm enjoying mine,,,

Hello everyone! I have been off the grid. My 19...

Hello everyone! I have been off the grid. My 19 year old left for Marine Corp boot camp yesterday:(. I am so sad. It is consuming me more than my BA, which is appropriate I guess. I am 11 days post op and everything is great. My only physical complaint is that the stitches are beginning to itch, but that's a good sign I think. I have some questions for all you girls that work out and run....When did you start running again, how many bras did you wear, did you feel like could "displace"? Also, when did you start doing pushups again? I am soooooo ready to get back in the saddle. Walking is the most boring thing I've ever done. I love to hike, but plain old walking here in flat central Texas is driving me nuts. I don't go to the gym, so stationary bikes, elipticals, etc are not an option. I know I'm only 11 days out, but I need some good news from those of you who can feel my pain!!! And one more question, as far as support bras go, is everyone just wearing like one good one, for example, just a Genie or Ahhh, or champion? I've been wearing a genie type AND a zip up. I'm paranoid I guess. I just don't want anything to happen to them? I LOVE THEM!!!! For twenty years they looked like crap, I can't believe the transformation. But I am sick of wearing two things. Would some one give me permission to wear just one:)))). Any advice in regards to all of this would be so appreciated!
My surgeon decided on two different profiles and I am nervous. 360 mod and 420 HP in smaller boob. My surg feb 11. Oh I 6ft tall and 200 lbs. Your blog gives me reassurance though. Thanks :)
GoBigTallGirl is really tall if I remember and did 616 ccs!! ;-)
Oh yes I follow her and your blog :). It is the different profiles that I am anxious about along with size difference!
Katy Plastic Surgeon