Gave Me my Life Back - Katonah, New York

I was tired of living with a face I no longer...

I was tired of living with a face I no longer recognized, poor breathing, and a nose I hated.

Total nasal damage from WG. Two corrective surgeries in NYC, and I was still left with a nose far too small for my face, scar damage, and nostrils that were so different from each other - I hated to go out in public.

Then I met Dr. Losquadro who knew he could restore my face using rib grafts - a procedure he is PROFICIENT in - and these are MY WORDS!. His quiet confidence was such a welcome and refreshing comfort. I sit here writing this 3 months post op. My mother and my husband both cried for joy when they saw me in recovery. My nose has continued to get better with every week that passes.

Westchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Losquadro gave me my life back. Dr. Losquadro's surgical skills - he is TRULY GIFTED. This is the highest rating I have ever given and I have plently of experience with previous surgeons. Above and beyond: He is one of the kindest and genuine human beings I have ever known and I am a tough critic. If you don't like your nose and want a GREAT ONE, or worse, you are the victim of a previous surgery that was less than perfect, victim of disease, or have other nasal damage - don't walk - RUN. Go see him. His nurse Linda is equally lovely, supportive and top class! For Dr. L - words cannot truly express how great I feel & look now. On behalf of my entire family - we love you. Thank you for giving me back a nose and a life. Love Kim

According to Mayo Clinic, this is what WG is:

WG is short for Wegener's granulomatosis (VEG-uh-nurz gran-u-loe-muh-TOE-sis) is an uncommon disorder that causes inflammation of your blood vessels, which in turn restricts blood flow to various organs. Most commonly Wegener's granulomatosis affects your kidneys, lungs and upper respiratory tract. The restricted blood flow to these organs can damage them.

Besides inflamed blood vessels, Wegener's granulomatosis produces a type of inflammatory tissue known as a granuloma, found around the blood vessels. Granulomas can destroy normal tissue. There is no known cause for Wegener's granulomatosis.

Early diagnosis and treatment of Wegener's granulomatosis may lead to a full recovery. Without treatment, Wegener's granulomatosis can be fatal, most commonly from kidney failure.

Thanks for the info, Kim!

I love ready happy stories like yours. Thank you so much for posting it! I'm not quite sure what WG is...would you enlighten me?