Excellent Experience - Hays, Kansas

I've never had straight teeth since day 1....

I've never had straight teeth since day 1. When I was younger I didn't lose my first baby tooth until the 4th grade. Therefore, I had several permanent teeth come in behind them resulting in several needing pulled and crooked/spaced/crowded teeth.

I've always wanted to get something done. My sister was older and had braces. She couldn't stand them so I don't want to go that route. I'm 27 years old now and have a consultation tomorrow. I've always been self conscious of my smile though have come to live with it. I don't think too much of them anymore unless someone makes a remark about someone's teeth...then I wonder what they say about mine and try to hide any smile.

I've got a gap between my front two teeth (biggest reason!) and a couple spacing issues between others on top. On the bottom I've got a some crowding.

I was just hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has/had a similar issue with their teeth and how their treatment has been, length of time, cost, challenges, etc.

Thanks!

I started my treatment on December 8th. The first...

I started my treatment on December 8th. The first few days were somewhat uncomfortable. Teeth were pretty tender & eating was the last thing I wanted to do. There were also a couple rough spots on the trays that irritated my tongue & mouth. Although, after the first 2 or 3 days, there was no more discomfort & got use to them being in my mouth. My speech changed some, but nothing real noticeable.

Couple downfalls is I had to have 10 attachments put on. Five on both the top & bottom. I also had to have some teeth filed between on the bottoms. Not painful, but unpleasant. The attachments aren't real noticeable, visible if you're looking for them.

I'm a week into my 2nd set of trays. Again, the first couple days were uncomfortable, but not painful. I just need to get the mindset that the first few days of each new set is going to be kind of rough.

I'm assuming they are slowly moving since the 2nd trays fit...but it would be nice to see some progess, which I'm assuming I'll have to wait another tray or two before it's noticeable. However, I can feel a little difference in my bite from when I first started.

I have a pretty short treatment. I figured I would be more in the 12 month time frame, but I only have 11 upper trays and 8 lower trays. Was pretty excited to hear my treatment was only 5 months. Hopefully everything moves accordingly and refinements aren't needed.

Will post another update in a few weeks.

I have officially completed my treatment. I had my...

I have officially completed my treatment. I had my last appointment yesterday. The buttons were taken off and some of my teeth were reshaped and had some contouring done to make them look more uniform. I grind my teeth so there were several teeth needing a makeover. They gave me some whitening gel so I’m in the process of getting rid of some of the yellowness.

Treatment overall: Fantastic

The only time I experienced any pain whatsoever were the first few days after switching trays. And that wasn't really so much pain as primarily just discomfort.

I was very diligent and wore them approximately 22 hours a day. They were never out unless I was eating. I've never been a coffee drinker, but I did have to go cold turkey on sodas. It was nothing for me to drink 4 or 5 in one day. That was tough the first few weeks, but probably brushing & flossing after every meal was the biggest adjustment. I could probably count on one hand how many times I’ve flossed in my lifetime. Was quite an adjustment to my lifestyle, not to mention the additional time.

I'm just so excited & amazed at how well my teeth look and in the short amount of time it took. I know they aren't perfect, but from what I'd had the first 27 years of my life, they are like night and day. I now just have to wear my last trays for about 3-4 more weeks full time, then I can go to wearing them during the evening only.

I would recommend Invisalign to anyone who is looking to straighten there teeth. For me, in my line of work, it was Invisalign or nothing. I was not going to have braces for a couple years. Invisalign is a little pricier than braces, but if you compare the time worn between the two and all the pros & cons, I'd gladly spend the additional money again to avoid metal mouth. Most of my colleagues didn't even know I was fixing my teeth.

Invisalign gets an A+ in my book. Attached is before & after pics.

Dr. Lowe - Lifetime Dental Care

Thank you for this review! I'm 27 also and i have kind of the same problem..with the front gap and in need for invisaling also coz of my work ...as u said" would be invisalign or nothing" and CONGRATULATION! :) you sure have reasons to be happy ;)
Good to hear, hope it will be worthed. I remember when I had to wait for the aligners to be made and sent to my ortho. It feels like forever, but time flies. I dont believe it that I am on aligners number 7 now, already. It's great so far.

Yay! It must have felt pretty good to hear "perfect candidate". :) Make sure you take pictures before you start Invisalign so you can look back and see the difference when you're finished.

Had my consultation and was told I was a perfect candidate for Invisalign. I got my impressions taken and will be starting my treatment the first week of December. Real anxious to get started and be on my way to straight teeth and a confident smile! :)
Armen,

From everything I've heard, read, and have experienced thus far in my treatment, it sounds like you should be a candidate for invisalign. I have spacing problems and an overbite, and invisalign can and should fix those problems. Invisalign can also fix crowding issues as well.

As long as you wear your aligners for the correct amount of time, which seems to be around 22 hours a day, invisalign should work for you.

However, you will really have to go to an orthodontist to see if you are really a good candidate. The above is just my opinion. An ortho will let you know for sure if you are a good candidate.

If you would like to know more about invisalign, read my review. I just posted a few days ago. It will give you some good incite, hopefully...

Hi Arnen--Welcome to RealSelf's Invisalign community! I hope you find all the help and advice you need here.

FYI, you can also post a question to the doctors on our Q&A forum. If you include pics I'm sure they can tell you if you're a good candidate for Invisalign. :)

Like RealSelf? Join us on Facebook