I had it done on my upper and lower abs. - Smart Lipo - Kansas City, KS

I had smart lipo performed yesterday 8-12-11. I...

I had smart lipo performed yesterday 8-12-11. I had it done on my upper and lower abs. The procedure took all of 30 minutes and the total time spent at their office was about 2 hours, then I had an hour drive home. Although I am swollen, I can already see a tremendous difference.

I was in pain the first day and the day afterwards, but I feel pretty good today (Day 3). At certain points the swelling goes down, depending on how much I move around in a day and you can really tell the difference when the swelling is down.

I am so far very satisfied with my experience and can't wait until I have final results since I'm already satisfied with what I see currently!

So it has now been a week and a half since my...

So it has now been a week and a half since my smart lipo. I must say, 5 days ago I came down with the flu and a severe sinus infection and have had to go to my PCP 3 different occasions and have my meds changed 3 times due to an allergic reaction to one antibiotic with a shot I had and getting horribly sick to my stomach from another antibiotic. Needless to say, this has not helped my healing process from the smart lipo and I wasn't able to wear my binder as much as I should have for a few days. I called my surgeon who did my smart lipo while I was sick because I was concerned at first it was an infection from my procedure, but he was so nice and reassuring and really put my mind at ease. He took time out of his weekend to call me back and even told me to call him the next day and let him know how I was doing, even though it was something completely unrelated.

All of that out of the way, my stomach looks good still. I have definitely noticed more swelling and it seems to stay swollen afternoon and evenings. Due to how bad I was sick, my stomach pain from the smart lipo rarely bothered me. I would say it was a more of a tender feeling and I've still been cautious about how quickly I move and when I'm playing with my 1 year old. There are lumps and bumps that come and go. I have my husband massage my stomach for me often and this seems to help. It really loosens up the bumps and helps with the tightness. Other than that there isn't much change. My stomach does look worse now than it does in my after pictures because I am more swollen, but the nurses have reassured me that it will return to that again once all the swelling has gone down and it has had time to heal. I know I need to be patient, afterall, it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet since my procedure.

I am 3 weeks and 5 days post smart lipo. I stopped...

I am 3 weeks and 5 days post smart lipo. I stopped wearing my garment at 3 weeks during the day, but I still wear it at night. Like before, my belly looks wonderful in the mornings and then the swelling starts to get worse as the day goes on. Most of it has subsided, but there are still spots right around my middle belly that are hard and raised. Most of the lumpiness that I talked about previously has subsided which is nice. I've also noticed just within the last day or so that since the swelling has gone down, my skin seems more lax and this worries me a little. I know they said the skin tightening continues to get better and better over 3-6 months, but I was loving my results and I don't want to loose what I was seeing before. Hopefully it continues to stay the way I like it! I posted several new pictures that were taken a week post-procedure and some more recently. The pictures don't seem to do any justice though because I feel like my stomach looks better looking at it in the mirror than it does with the camera. My husband also agrees with this.

Tomorrow I will be 6 weeks post smart lipo. I had...

Tomorrow I will be 6 weeks post smart lipo. I had my follow up visit on Monday, a little later than normal, and I saw the nurse due to the doctor having an emergency call. She thinks things are going as they should be. I still have swelling around my belly button that seems to stay consistent, it doesn't really go down at all and that is where I feel the majority of my lumps. I rarely have swelling on my upper abs and down past my belly button and towards my pelvic region is swollen mostly at night still. My stomach is still sensitive to some touches. I'm still happy with my results, but I'm getting anxious for the rest of the this swelling to go down. It's like I hit a plateau after a lot of the swelling started to decrease. The nurse also advised me that the lax in my skin will continue to tighten and can take 3-6 months (as I'm sure we are all tired of hearing! lol). I guess I will just be patient and be happy for the fact that my stomach still looks so much better than before and I weigh 8 pounds less!

I am almost 3 1/2 months post smart lipo. Not much...

I am almost 3 1/2 months post smart lipo. Not much has changed since I last updated. I have been sort of out of the loop on updating.

I had a visit with the doctor on October 17th and he said I still had some swelling, which I believe has subsided now mostly and that the lumps around my belly button should continue to improve. Well...they haven't. They still look the same and so he told me we may have to do some touch ups on those areas. I don't know if I will go through with it or not because overall my belly looks better and I just don't want to go through the whole procedure again.

I would say I'm 75% happy with my overall outcome. I'm hoping it will continue to improve through the 6 month mark like they say it's supposed to. I am able to wear tighter shirts than before without having to worry about a huge belly roll. The skin tightening is not as great as I had hoped, but it's better than before.

It has been almost exactly 5 months since having...

It has been almost exactly 5 months since having smart lipo. I had been feeling pretty down and out after 3 months because I hadn't seen much difference in quite some time and it still felt as though I was swollen in my lower abdomen. I still have bumps around my belly button area, but they seem to have improved slightly since I began a tough exercise program and have cut out all carbonated drinks.

Since January 1st (New Year's Resolution time haha), I have been working out and eating healthy. I feel like my stomach has already begun to look slightly better than it did around Christmas time and it's only been 2 weeks of working very hard. I plan on keeping up with this and hope that my stomach flattens out just a little bit more.

Overall I would say I am happy with having the smart lipo. I know I look better than I did before and I no longer look 5 months pregnant. I feel like I could look better though and this is why I have begun to change my ways! I don't want to have SL again and so I'm hoping to get rid of the last little bit of flab on my own. I've uploaded pictures as well!
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

The staff had great bedside manner. The doctor was very experienced and knew exactly what he was doing. The procedure itself only took 30 minutes, altogether the visit was around 2 hours. They answered any questions as they went and talked me through everything. I would recommend him to anyone!

Congrats! Sounds like it was worth it. I'm ready to have my procedure done. My Stomach and love handles.
Yea! Glad to hear all is going well! Do you still feeel like your lower abs are swollen/numb like you did at 3 months post op?
Thanks! I have definitely started the weight loss regime. I will check out that web site too.
Thanks for the update! That's awesome that you have the motivation to work hard. I think you look great. Do you have any follow up appointments scheduled?
No I haven't scheduled any more. In October he told me to come back in a few months, but I think I'll wait another month or so and then see how much my body improves and go from there. I'm thinking I may not go back if I continue to improve and like how things are going.
Oh and BTW, I meant to tell you that your most recent pictures you posted show a big difference I think. I would recommend a workout on bodybuilding.com. It's a fat loss workout specialized for women and if you have some equipment you can do a lot of it at home. Also, I haven't been dieting so much as just cutting out all the crap that I had been eating like sweets. I think you'll feel better if you do that. Its worked so far for me!
YAY HIG! My body really hasn't changed much since my last photos. Good luck! I can't wait to see pics!
Welp...I'm doing it! I wanted to wait until you and LauriKay1 posted final pics, but I figured I needed to schedule my procedure now, since it would be easier to hide during the winter months. All paid and scheduled for surgery Jan. 5th! I am excited by getting very nervous about how the pain is going to be when I get home. Assuming I stay up on the pain meds...do either of you pretty much lay in bed crying because of the pain?? I will be off work for 10 days afterwards...so hoping after that I can hide it pretty well from those I work with. I am having waist, upper and lower abs, and double chin done!! Couldnt of made it this far with out you guys posts, so thank you!
HIG..how exciting!!!! Take alot of before pictures and measure yourself. Also take some pictures in some of your fav shirts, even if the pictures are just for you. I wish I would have done that so I could see the difference in my clothes too.

ANYWAY..I did my thighs and banana roll and the after pain isnt that bad at all. I think the numbing was the worst. The oozing is yucky but bearable. You will be sore but not in pain..does that make sense? LaurieKay and Sacma will be better explaining how their abs felt afterwards tho.

GOOD LUCK!!!
I think it's safe to say that for both procedures I had done, my 1 day after pics are my favorite. I am sure that not everyone has that period post op where they can bask in the glory of their new figure without having any swelling yet, but I did. The days I look like my day after are my good days.
I am curious to know if touch ups are included as well! Llittle does he know, we are all collaborating outside the office ;). Are the touch ups to smooth things out or are they supposed to help with the hard bumps? I think that by the pics alone, your results are fabulous. Maybe if you did a touch up there would be only 1 or 2 incisions and it wouldn't be as draining (physically, literally or emotionally) as the first time around.
I think they are mean to smooth things over. My lumps aren't so much hard anymore, just kinda...there. They feel much softer than they did 2 months ago. I would hope that the touch ups would be included with the overall cost, but I really don't know. I go back in about a month to see what the next step is. If they are included, I will consider doing it again, but if not...I doubt I will. How are you doing in your healing LaurieKay1?
I just updated my blog and I am about to post new pics, but I am in the same boat as you...a stand still. The hyperpigmentation has faded dramatically, which is a giant relief!
Hey there! Just wondering how you are doing? How is the swelling and sensitivity? Any new pictures??
Hello. I am doing good. There isn't much new to report. I still feel and look the same as I did around 2 months out. There are still lumps around my belly button area that don't seem to be going down. I think the swelling is mostly subsided though. The doctor told me that we may need to see about doing touch ups for around my belly button area =(. Other than that, no real news and that is why I haven't updated recently.
Are you still happy with the results thus far? I think you look fantastic in your pictures.
When would he decide if you should do touch up work?
I'm thinking almost everyone needs touch up work...did he say thats "included" in what you first paid?
Thank you jensue =). I am overall happy with the results. I have an appointment in about a month to decide what the next step is. He never said whether or not they were included with the cost, but I would hope it would be. Not sure if I will actually do a second procedure or not. I definitely won't if I have to pay for the touch ups.
Hopefully things will continue to improve over the next several months. I'm convinced that the swelling goes down soo slowly that we dont notice it. I think thats why they all say you wont see final results for 6 months. Its sorta like growing your hair out..you dont notice it getting longer everyday but then 6 months later its 4 inches longer.

I bet if you decide to do the touch up it wont be nearly as bad as the first procedure and if its included I would do it. BUT HONESTLY your before and after pictures are amazing, you look fantastic!
Curious how your lumpyness is? What do the lumps feel Luke, not natural lumps under the skin? I am still confused about what the lumps are. Also do you recommend buying larger clothes for the mths. Afterwards? How is the loose skin coming along?
HI...just curious of what garment Dr Colyer had you buy.
He didn't specifically say. The nurse just said they recommend one that you can buy from Wal-Mart or Target. I bought a couple from Wal-Mart. One was like a camisole and the other was one like underwear, but covers up to your bra line. You should try a few on and see what seems like it will be the most comfortable and go with that one. As long as your wearing one I don't think it matters which kind.
Thanks...I am going to buy a couple this weekend. Im almost 2 weeks till my surgery. Im getting really nervous. Im really scared for the bruising and the lumps..I dont want lumps!! Did you use the arnica cream and pills?
How are you feeling? How are your results coming along?
Your results look great. I have smart lipo on my abs next week, Oct. 12th. I have more loose skin around my abs than fat. The Dr told me I would benefit more from the laser tightening my skin than actual fat removal. Seeing your pics gives me hope. I had PAL on my flanks last week and I don't think it will be as effective as the smart lipo will be.
I also had more loose skin as well and he advised the same thing. If you've already had your procedure done, I hope it went well. If not good luck! Keep us updated on your progress!
Oh they will, I am sure. Since my surgery I haven't been following other blobs but I don't recall anyone saying they had them after the 6therapy months were up.