Out with the big and in with just the right size!

Last week I received a call to schedule my surgery...

Last week I received a call to schedule my surgery. It is scheduled for March 27th, 2013. Next Friday I have a mammogram also so I'm pretty nervous about that. Mostly because I've heard it's pretty rough, but its gotta get done. For now my goal is to stay as healthy and fit as possible until the surgery. Stay off the caffeine, alcohol and try to exercise as much as my schedule allows.

Mammogram and ultrasound are done, I am good to...

Mammogram and ultrasound are done, I am good to go! I have less than a week left to go. I have been reading others' posts and I am getting really nervous! However, it helps to know more or less what to expect, and knowing you're not alone and that you are not foolish to be having a reduction when so many women pay to have them augmented.

This is what drives me crazy, after all these years of people hearing me complain about back/neck/shoulder pain and seeing me on pain killers and muscle relaxers and seeing how I can't sit or stand for too long due to back strain, and I still hear how silly I am for doing this. It's good to be somewhere, even if it is a cyber community, where you are understood. I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences, so I felt like I had to share mine as well. My mother and husband are supportive, and that's all that matters to me. I look forward to next Wednesday, March 27th!!

5 days post op. Recovery has been better than...

5 days post op. Recovery has been better than expected. Constipation and bloating is worse than expected, but I'm dealing with it as best as I can. I am so happy with my decision so far :)
My doctor has been so great and helpful throughout the whole process. I am so glad that I requested another PS after my experience with the first one. Pain is tolerable, I take 1-2 pain killers in the span of 24 hours, except yesterday I didn't take any. I am starting to feel the itchiness and the zingers everyone has been talking about. More so on my left breast. I added some more pictures. So far they look like frankenstein boobies, but I look forward to seeing the healing process.

And please do not send me creepy private messages offering to pay for more pictures of my breasts. It freaked me out a bit, I am only sharing my experience and pictures for others to learn from my experience, not to get paid for it, thanks.
Kaiser Permanente

I went in for my consultation in December and spoke with two different surgeons. The first I wasn't too happy with so I requested a second opinion. Mostly because the first surgeon I spoke with was really short with me and I wanted to feel comfortable and happy with the person who is doing the procedure. The second surgeon, I really liked. He was informative, answered all my questions and was very patient with me.

Do your dr have post op pics? And did insurance cover u cuz its kaiser permanente?
Was this Kaiser West LA? May I as who the doctor was? Dr. Emelin (she;s new did my Tummy tuck in May. I heard Dr. Lee is great with the breasts.
Yes it was West LA! my doctor was Dr. Feinstein, he was amazing.
You are healing so well. You look wonderful. I wish you nothing but the best.
I am so sorry to hear someone could be that disgusting . When this forum is to encourage and educate us on our journey to becoming healthier. Creeps are everywhere I guess. On a positive note you look great and your PS did a fabulous job . Congrats and happy healing .
wow!!!! you look fabulous!!
Cute new bra!
Ew @ The creeps! Gross. I just found your question http://www.realself.com/question/i-24-years-old51118-lbs-and-size-32-i-want-breast-reduction-small here and I had to come and read, as I am turning 24 on Monday, 5 feet tall and 123lb and a 32G also so I am following your experience with great interest! Your post op size looks great, will be interested to read how much the PS took from you and what your cup size is likely to be :)
Hi missKJ! Wow, it's incredible to keep hearing how many girls there are out there under the same circumstances when I felt so alone prior to coming here to realself. I am really happy with my new size and I feel much more confident and comfortable in my own skin. My clothes seems to fit like it was intended to :)- I recently went to go get fitted for a new bra, and I ended up with a full D. I wanted to be a C, but being that I feel so much better and happy with my new size, I don't really care about cup size any more :D My PS removed 300 grams of tissue/fat from my left breast and 280 grams from my left (due to some asymmetry) -Recovery is no joke, and the worst part for me was not being able to be active and being so restricted in movement; so far, it's been totally worth it. These last few weeks of recovery are nothing when compared to the years of back/shoulder/neck pain, money spent on $100+ bras, and just the plain inconvenience of having two watermelons on your chest. Worth it!
D is really a nice size to be. It looks perfect on you. So many women who are much large than D claim to be D and that makes people think its bigger than it is.
I agree! ESP since I believed for so long that I was a DD and still have many Dd bras that fit fine. It's very deceiving, all bras tiring differently, because when reading reviews I read someone's pre-op size and follow it up with how many grams they had removed and its getting so confusing!
I noticed many PS have a CGI computer display to help women to choose the size they want for breast augmentation. It displays an image of the woman with different size breasts. That way the PS and woman have a common standard in mind. I wonder why they don't do that for BR women?
Seems like you are healing so well. Sorry to hear that there are a few creeps on this sight. I hope to see more pictures once you are further along in your healing. I think the thing I'm most nervous about regarding my upcoming surgery is what I will see in the first couple of days. I know it can be hard to see passed the bruises and open wounds. Congrats on the surgery!
Mbrantleysnider - it looks worse than it feels, lol! It is pretty graphic and scary at first, but it's worth it, I feel. Not even on my worst day did I regret my decision. Sometimes it was frustrating to see how slow the healing process is, but it helps to look at the bigger picture and reminding yourself that once this healing is all over, you won't have that aching pain, and you'll look great in those cute, colorful bikini tops that you were never able to wear! :) For me it also helped venting on Realself. Vent vent vent and be encouraged by all these other amazing women who are going through it all alongside you.
you look great congratz
Oh dear, did you really get that kind of message? That's nasty. Hopefully there's a blocking option for people you don't want to send you messages.
what size did you start as and what size are you hoping to be?
I started w/ a 32 G/H, which is painful for a 5' 1", 120 lb girl lol. I discussed size w/ my doctor, of course they cannot guarantee an exact bra size, but the goal was a C. I'm still really swollen, so it's too soon to get measured and find my actual size, so when the swelling goes down, I'm hoping to find out I'm a full C =) I will make sure to update my profile w/ the final product and size details :)
Congratulations. I think you look great!!!
Glad to hear you are doing well. You look great
You look great
Hi Pixiedust, so happy for you that your recovery is going well so far. Did you read any of Schmodi's posts on taking generic Colace? If not, search those out. Even though my BR isn't until 10 days from now, I've already purchased generic Colace (brand name is $17.00, generic at Walmart with exact same ingredients, same number of pills, is $1.84). SUPER creepy to hear you were contacted privately for more photos!! Please report that name to Kimmers or someone. That's certainly not something you want to deal with when coming here for support. Keep resting, and wishing you all the best on a comfortable recovery!
You look fantastic! My BR is in 3weeks, what is your before and after size?
thanks :) Not sure about my after size yet, but I will know soon. My PS told me to hold off on buying new bras for at least another two weeks until swelling goes down. Before size 32 G/H.
You look fantastic! My BR is in 3weeks, what is your before and after size?