Juvederm for Undereye Hollows--good Result So Far - Sacramento, CA

I just turned 50 and when I looked in a mirror,...

I just turned 50 and when I looked in a mirror, the valley created by the 'sunken' skin was all I saw. It was like I had been socked or had just woken up from a 100 years of sleep.

After much research on this site and others, I had juvederm injections to make me look human again. The dermatologist was not that keen to do the procedure as she said it can have mixed results, but I wanted to go forward. She suggested a full vial, but I preferred to try the least amount possible. Just a bit of bruising on one eye where the needle went it improperly.

Now, after over 2 weeks, results are mixed. I should have had the full vial. Depending on the light, it goes from being a big difference to just a little bit better. Will definitely get again, but with a full vial.

Sacramento Dermatologist

Great service and honest opinions given by doctor.

Let me clarify that. I paid for a full syringe. Is a syringe = vial? Are we talking the same thing? I wouldn't have any clue since this is my first time.
Thanks for the reply. I think we are talking the same measurements--called either vial or syringe. But, I don't think I like it if you paid half of what I did for a full vial. What is the name of the place you went? Did a doctor or nurse do the injection? Wonder why mine was so much more $$.
I paid $485 for a full vial. It's only been a week, but I'm pleased so far, except for minor bruising which my skin tends to do.
Cinder, you said you paid for half a vial? Your doctor allows you to pay for halves? I got my injections elsewhere and so far so good. I used one full syringe, and she did say I need a wee bit more for my left side. I will go back later.
Yes, I only paid for half a vial--about $380. If I might ask, how much was your full vial? Will be interested to see how long yours lasts.
Can you please tell me who in Sacramento did you go to get the Juvederm? I'm looking for recommendations as I want to get my tear troughs done.

Provider information is shown at the top of the review and you can click on the doctor's name for contact details. Please note, you must be signed in to view.

Guess the site coordinator answered about Dr Chotzen. It is a great practice--you can get the procedure done on your first appt so there's not a lot of waiting around. The juvederm did make a huge difference and I loved it. But, it's 5 months later and it's almost all gone. It's supposed to last for longer, but perhaps it's because of the small amount that I received in each eye. Am saving up to get a full vial and will do so as soon as I have the cash. Let me know if you do get the injections and your results. Would really like to compare notes! Thanks.
I too have just had my first Juvi procedure, and had my tear trough area treated. I would much rather take a conservative approach to be able to better gauge future treatments, rather than have an over correction that I would have to wait out or get reversed, so I believe you made the right decision. You could always go back in a couple of months and have more injected or wait until the current results are deminishing and be a little more aggresive the next round. For me it may be too soon to see my maximum results but so far I really like it!
I just had juvederm done for my lines around the mouth and above the lip. I had a combination of botox and juvederm for the above lip. I had botox for a lift in the brow. I will go back for the facial derm that goes with it to smooth it out and take all dead skin off. I am very, very pleased. I am 55 years of age and this is the first of anything I have had done. Must say, it had taken at least 12 years off.