Juvederm Ultra

I wanted slightly fuller lips and I heard that...

I wanted slightly fuller lips and I heard that Juvederm lasts longer and gives a smoother look than Resty.  I've had Resty injected about 4 times before and loved the results.

The plastic surgeon gave me a dental block.  I felt pain from the block for 1wk following my injection.  It's been 2wks and I still feel pain when I palpate.  I've had injections before with only Emla used and was able to tolerate it.  My lips look horrible.  They are lumpy and asymetrical.  I have a huge lump on my lower lip that I keep biting when I eat or chew gum.

I asked the doctor that did the procedure to inject hyaluronidase to reverse his work.  He tried to convince me that my lips look great.  He wasn't aware of this product and I had no other option but to find another pratitioner to correct his mistake.

I am going out of town and have an appt at my destination for the correction.  What a waste of my time, pain, and money.

Looking back at my before pictures I totally regret it.  My lips were perfect before.

My lips over the past few years

Update: I never returned to the plastic surgeon that originally injected my lips. I was hesitant to try it again until I found an injector I trusted. I've added some pictures. All have been with Juvederm, with and w/out dental blocks. I prefer w/out. The lido mix makes it tolerable.
Dr. Shuster

Lips were left lumpy and asymetrical and he called it perfect. I appreciate honesty not someone trying to justify his mistake.

People dont be misled. Juvederm is an excellent product. Your experience with it has everything to do with your doctor; How experienced he is, how tho thorough he is, how artistic he is, how caring he is. My doctor injected me with Juvederm Ultra XC. I had the greatest experience with the most minor discomfort. The XC is the lidocane portion of the product so you dont feel much pain at all. He also applied numbing cream on my lips before injecting (at no cost to me). Now thats extra service. At every point of the injection he stopped and asked me to look in the mirror to see if that was the look i wanted or if i wanted more. Of course the entire time he was giving his expert opinion on my result but in the end he was listening to me; my wants and desires for the final result. My doctor also told me what to expect in the upcoming days and what restrictions i should observe in order to allow to best possible outcome of my in office procedure. Day one i looked phenomenal then at the end of day two a small lump started to form on my top lip. Because i was well informed i immediately massaged my lip and within ten seconds the problem was gone. =) I love Juvederm and my new pouty lips and my excellent doctor. If you really want a doctor who knows what he's doing feel free to contact me. He is a prestigious doctor in beverly hills and i dont want to put his name on this site for any koo koos to call and waste the offices time. Only if you are interested in looking great and can afford it contact me.

Lets look sexy!
L.A.G.
That sounds a little fishy and like hidden advertisement to me..
Not at all true. Just an honest yet informed opinion from a satisfied customer.
Wish I lived America . I'm from England , I've just had my lips done 22 days ago, on my top left lip there is all lumps you carnt see them as such but you can feel them, the lady who did them said its normal to feel the lumos and will go away in 6:9 months , and also told me next time I will need more duverderm ultra is she right ;)
I agree!
It's called hyaluronidase. Doesn't hurt that much. The MD that injected me numbed me first topically. I didn't bruise, had minimal swelling, and the effects were immediate. I went to Dr. Sinclair. His office is next to Palms West hospital. He is amazing and I highly recommend him.

What was injected on your lips to dissolve the juvederm? Did you bruise from it? How much did it cost you? I will appreciate your answer. I hate my looks after having that filler injected by a "Plastic Surgeon" in Wellington, Fl.

Hi , I had duverderm ultra, I have no lumps now thank god, and I only had 1 tiny bruise , it didn't hurt at all and I had no numbing cream , and it cost me £280 , I wish she explained what could happen then I new, and it was Christmas time so I had to wait to see her, I went back on New Year's Eve, anyway I now in what to expect , I'm going back next week and it's half the price I just want more fuller lips, ;)
You have really pretty natural lips, lucky thing!
Thankyou , iv just had them done again with duverderm ultra , they look lovely
I've heard the brush is great...It's on my list.. But if that doctor is over 50 he might not be around by the time you need anything lifted..LOL You’re stunning and blessed with great skin…..Invest your money in skin care.. Retina A, TNS Eye Cream, Revale Coffee berry (Antioxidants) and a good sunscreen...Make sure to use it on your neck and Chest…It will be worth the extra few seconds in 20 years Always the giveaway on older women whose faces look great. You have years to go before you start having to replace volume ect… My best advice would be not to seek societies or this year’s perceived idea of beauty or perfection...It’s constantly changing I'm so glad I never did anything drastic like the nose job I wanted as a teen... It's our idiosyncrasies, While not aesthetically perfect when all put together makes one beautiful in a way that can’t be explained or improved with plastic surgery... The Natural harmony and balance of the face... It’s when you see someone and can’t quite put your finger on exactly what makes them so pretty... That’s True Beauty I see people who look attractive but it’s obvious what they had done and it takes away from how I perceive them… I think natural beauty is becoming rare in our society as more and more young women seek improvements to meet an ideal only to lose what made them pretty to begin with… Anyone can buy a perfect nose or cheeks, To be imperfect and still pretty is being recognized and celebrated as the most desirable and beautiful..And will continue as more people rush to the plastic surgeons office to buy what they perceive at the time is more desirable…. You already see it in the Fashion and Beauty Mags.. Uniqueness and diversity...There is no standard it’s unexplainable... The one thing that is universal is beautiful skin and you have that covered... Best wishes I’m glad you are happy with your lips now it sounds like you found a great doc… Now put his name in a time capsule to be opened in 20 years unless it's for a facial..LOL
Awww. Thanks. If there's anything I can do to improve myself I usually try it. I wrote my last respone pretty quickly. I wanted to elaborate.... I went to Dr. Sinclair in Palm Beach, FL to correct the work done on my lips. He is wonderful. My lips look normal now. I'm so happy with the results. I drove 1hr to his office twice. I will definetly return to see him when I need work done. I also bought the Clarisonic brush from him. At first, it made me break out but then I realized I wasn't using the sensitive brush. My breakouts have since cleared up and I love it. I use it after I remove my make-up and I can still see the make-up come off with the brush. Yuck. All these years of not properly cleaning my face.
That’s good news.....You have no business being in a plastic surgeons office...LOL Your already beyond pretty...Don't mess around with nature untill you need to replace what the years take away.... I guess you know what to ask for in 20 years when your lipps disappear…. Don’t mess around with all this stuff till at least your 40’s Especially lasers they age you and cause DNA damage in the end A good skin care program and sunscreen are all you need… By the way your skin is Beautiful!!!!
My lips look fine now after I had the reversal injected.
How long after you had your injection did you get the reversal? I've had my injections for 2 months and I'm considering getting them dissolved. I dont know if I should just wait for it to dissolve naturally , or get them dissolved by HA.
It was so long ago I really don't remember. But I think it was maybe a month post injection. If you hate it enough go ahead and try HA. I've had several injections since my original post and have been pleased with the results. The injector has a huge impact on results.
Your lips look fine!! Have you pressed on the lump? It will fade... With injections it sometimes takes a couple times to get it right...touch ups ect Find a doc who listens to your concerns.... They should take there time..Ask you to smile ect and massage and smooth it out after injection... I have had injections from 4 different docs over 15 years and there is a big difference between technique.... They need to have an artful eye... I would guess it's like sculpting a moving object.... I don't think juvederm clumps as much.... Did your doc feel for lumps before you left....Sometimes my doc would really press hard on my lip and run his fingers across the lip while squezing like evening out a ballon ect filled with thick jelly... I think it's important to do with lips if they feel a lump but it has to be done in the first few days.. He always said if I felt uneven or a lump to come back asap and he would smooth....
I had the same situation as you. My lips looked asymmetrical when I got my injections very dissatisfied with the Dr. He also said they looked great. What Dr. wouldn't take pride in his work and want to fix it for free not mine! Dr. Foley from Oly, Wa is his name
You can massage that lightly and it will even out...Also a vibrator will help break up the lump... Neutrogena facial microderm device or the one that comes with the scrub pads You can take the pad off it's very smooth and perfect for massaging your face or smoothing out lumps like this.... bur any small vibrator will help Try it first before you get another injection.... Sometimes doctors are scared to massage it out or smooth it. my doc presses pretty hard sometimes like he's squezzing a sausage..LOL