Avid Triathlete Gets Breast Augmentation with Lift and a Full Tummy Tuck - Jupiter, FL

Excellent. I love my doctor- my sister used him...

Excellent. I love my doctor- my sister used him too with fantastic results. My results are unbelievable even four weeks post op- all of the stitches are on the inside, so I think my scar will be minimal!!!! I feel 21 again- I'm 40 ;)

I am an avid traithlete. For the past five years, I have consistently trained from 12 to 20 hours a weeks and raced many long distance triathlons, including several at the half and full ironman distance. Five weeks ago I completed a full ironman race and the next week had a breast augmentation with lift and a full tummy tuck. I am used to pushing my body through pain on a regular basis so I have no ability to gauge such statements as "do what feels comfortable". I am getting depressed sitting on my couch. How soon can I resume each of my separate sports- running, biking and swimming???

Ohhhh this makes me happy and yet has me chomping at the bit all at the same time! I am one week post FTT with ab repair for a severe 5 finger diastasis. I've put this surgery off for over 3 years due to my intense training schedule for road/trail marathons and ultras. My TT was this past Monday and the Saturday before my boyfriend and I ran a 22 miler as one last big hoorah. At day 7 I am feeling remarkably fantastic. My surgeon is a real drill sargeant and making sure I don't over do it. One question. Did anyone remember around day 7 your abs suddenly feeling "looser". I was laughing at a movie and felt a stretching sensation and ever since I am very aware of my abs. Especially the top and the belly button area.
Wow, I am so happy to hear of the great results and recovery you had. I started doing tris last year and am scheduled for TT and BA with lift in October. I am very worried about getting back into shape as I have signed up for a Half Iron in June. They said it will take 6 months to get back to where I was pre-op. This worries me because at this point I have only done Olympic distance races. Very excited for the surgery, but worried about the HI. Any advice?
Be careful!!! Swelling means you probably did a little too much unfortunately. At 6 weeks I was running at a very moderate (actually slow- like 11-12 min/mile)and steady pace (no pickups or sprinting) up to about 5 miles- but I did it on a 1 mile loop so that if I felt pain at any time I could stop and not be stranded 2.5 miles from my house. As far as biking, I have a dedicated trainer bike in my garage and I rode only on that for the first few workouts- 30 min to an hour, then when I progressed to the road I was able to ride 20-25 miles at a comfortable pace (again, much slower than I would normally train at).
As far as swimming, the first few times I swam I avoided flip turns and used a pull bouy.
It is over a year since my surgery and I have done another Ironman, 3 Half IMs, a Marathon and several other small races. My scar looks great- it is thin and almost totally white now.
I know how you feel at 6 weeks postop- you are dying to jump back in but a couple more weeks of relaxation is not going to effect your fitness. Pretty soon you will be back out there racing and you will feel and look fantastic. Good luck!!!! Hope that helps.
Oh- one more bit of advice- best to avoid training with your usual tri-buddies for awhile so you can resist the temptation to push yourself at all.
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Wonderful doctor- would highly recommend him! I look and feel fantastic. I recently showed my dermatologist my scar and he said it was the best looking tummy tuck scar that he had ever seen and he's seen a lot!