July 1st Tummy Tuck W Lipo..so Far So Good :)

I went in for preop appt PS suggested tummy tuck w...

I went in for preop appt PS suggested tummy tuck w. lipo in hips and tummy area. i did opt for the pain pump for 250.00. i am a mother of 2 children and cant really stop everyday life as a mom. i figured whatever made me the most comfortable would be worth it. the surgery was right around 2 hours. i had a huge roll around my waist and hips either from baby (7mos old or the wt gain and lost over the past from the older child) my weight has been up and down over the last 15 yrs. i am not expecting to look like a model . i just wanted to be more comfortable in my clothes.

so far i am very pleased with the results. i still have drains and pain pump in. i have to be careful when removing the binder. i have been up and walking today i am not as hunched over as yesterday. the pain hasnt been terrible either. i say this as my pain pump is filling me w. meds. it might be a totally different story when its out. its only good for 3days. on a scale of 1-10 for pain i would say i am at a 3 only when i am up and moving around. i have walked some throughout the house other than the short walks i am planted in the recliner. i am cut from hip to hip and had lipo as well i really expected this to be more painful. Yah for the pain being very easy to tolerate as well as the instant results i can already see.

i will be posting before and after pictures with in the next few days. please feel free to ask if questions :)

Yoga Pants have been awesome for my drains. I keep...

Yoga Pants have been awesome for my drains. I keep the drain bulbs right inside where you can fold your pants down perfect:) Today is MOnday I had the surgery on friday. I am finding everyday is getting easier to move around. I am still in the recliner and wearing the pain pump. I think today is the last day for meds to come out. Its quite possible it has already run out. I am not going to take any chance of missing out on the meds. I will leave it in until tonight. THe pain pump has worked out great. I have had very little pain. I am taking my perocet every 4 hours. The pain pump is in a small fanny bag type thing that i throw away when finshed. One more thing to worry about knocking when moving around otherwise I have been pain free I would go for the pump again. I am a little concerned about haing a bowl movement. The nurse suggested i take a stool softener and i have taken a few but no movement yet. a little worried when i do.

I am doing better each day. Today I had a shower...

I am doing better each day. Today I had a shower and did fine. I have been taking stool softeners just to be safe the nurse at the drs office suggested for comfort. I have noticed less drainage in my drain bulbs. I was initally worried about being able to go back to work 11 days post op. I dont think i will have any trouble at all other than my back hurting from hunching over i am pretty much pain free. I havent taken many of my pain pills today. 3 more days and i have my steristrips changed. I think she also said remove stitches. most dissolve maybe she was speaking of the drain stiches?

2 yrs post op

Still loving my results money well spent. It's so nice to be able to by clothes and not have to worry about belly fat!
Nashville Plastic Surgeon

Dr is very professional and straight forward with you about what to expect. Her office staff is great with answering any questions you have. From the intial appointment, nurse, dr and surgery scheduler. They made everything easy for me and sent me a surgery packet in the mail with all the information i would need for pre op, post op and things to expect. The office does except care credit as well as the hopsital. The anesthesia did not however but i was able to pay them up front no problem. Dr did a breast reudction for me several years ago and did an amazing job. I definately recommend dr G for any plastic surgery need.

You are doing great:)  All up hill from here and soon you will be back to normal living and feeling great!

Continue to get lots of rest and go slow.

for some reason it wont let me update....says location blank.....

Wow you are doing wonderful!   Don't over do it and wear yourself out:)

Please keep us up to date on your progress as you heal.  Look forward to seeing those before and after pictures.