No Peel Yet but I Can Feel my Skin Smoother - Jakarta

I'm using retin--a for 10 days now, maybe 5 days...

I'm using retin--a for 10 days now, maybe 5 days with really proper way. My skin isn't peel yet and not irritate too. It's not make my skin dry, maybe because my skin is very oily.

My goal from retin-a is :
1. Free from acne, scar and blackhead
2. Get smooth skin

To help, i change my diet too, fruits and veggies are take 70% of my daily menu. And i plan to buy Benzoyl Peroxide. In my country (Indonesia) we can buy it almost at any drugstore. Dermatologist won't give us retin-a or BP, they will give us their own product.

Week #2. This is it, this is the time when my...

Week #2. This is it, this is the time when my patience being tested. My acne is come out and my skin looks like 'acne field'. I read from other people review that this is what will happen when we use Retin-A, because this drug will heal skin face from inside, so it will break the skin out. Still don't feel any burn or peel, maybe later. And today i will buy BP gel. Hope it works.
Oh ya, i try my best to not using any foundation/powder cause i think it's not good to use when i'm in treatment like this. I only use sunscreen (no matter if i'm at home, i still use it).

Since yesterday, i mixed my Retin-A regimen with...

Since yesterday, i mixed my Retin-A regimen with Benzoyl Peroxide. Retin-A at night and Benzoly Peroxide at day. I use BP once a day (at morning). Yes, it stings, but at scale 1-10 i will said it's 1. My Retin-A is start to stings too, and still, it's on scale 1. Before i use BP, i only use sunscreen and my face will get oily for just 30 minutes after i apply it. Now, after i use BP, it gets oily after 3-4 hours. Wow! But my face isn't dry at all (from using Retin-A or BP) maybe cause my face is too oily... I use both ot those product with average size (i read so many suggest, post etc that we shouldn't over using some product to get instant healing) and the only thing i 'use' it over dosage is my patience, yes. :) Will take my pic at 10/01/13 to see the progress. Thank u for reading my review.

Week 3 (i start feel it's like diary hehe) and i...

Week 3 (i start feel it's like diary hehe) and i feel worth it. Yup. Veeerrryyy worth it. I use pea size of Benzoyl Peroxide once a day (or it will make my skin dry if i use more than once), sunscreen (contain moisturizer) and at night retin-a. I remember i have skin, that if i use product that make my skin dryer, it will break out worse than if i use some product that make my skin oily. That's why i don't use anything 'matte'. I don't know why, and my former dermatologist(s) never explain to me

using a salicyclic face wash bye obagi and derm said it was ok? I wonder if he's right now the site for retin a micro says different
trying to comment internet keeps closing closeing site
It may take seven weeks before you see results with Retin-A. Some products, such as benzoyl peroxide, actually deactivate retinoids in Retin-A. I would talk with your Dr. about taking an oral antibiotic to help with current acne while on Retin-A. However, I would strongly recommend stop using the benzoyl peroxide. Use Cetaphil as your daily face wash morning and night followed by Retin-A a night. Use a light moisturizer for sensitive skin that wont clog pores in the daytime followed by a light SPF lotion. If you use makeup the best product is minerals with SPF. If you feel your skin is dying out due to Retin-A, you can mix it with your daily moisturizer. Hope this helps... Good Luck!
It's great you're getting some improvement in such a short period of time. Looking forward to your next update!
Yeah, thank you very much for sharing your story :) How is your regimen using retin-a now Miloviaa? I read it takes a few weeks to see noticeable improvements and about 6 months to see the full benefit. I too should be using retin-a soon..i had to buy online since here in the UK they stopped supplying it since october 2012. I hope it is working well for you :)

So it sounds like you are seeing some good changes - that is exciting to hear!!

Thank u Ms. Megan! :) :)
Hi thank you for sharing! I'm using 0.05% retin a cream. I have oily skin too! The reason why I bought retin a is for derma-rolling. But I'm not sure why I'm not peeling yet. But I won't give up. I'll wait for my skin to peel..
Hai Bellefairy! I have plan to use ,05% too after this. Maybe for oily skin like us it takes more time to peel, or maybe it peel already but we don't realize because we have oily skin hehe :)

Good for you for making changes to your diet as well! I hope you start to see some great changes in your skin!

Do you know what strength of Retin-A you are on? Also, are you using the cream or gel form?

I'm using 0,025% cream. But i think after this i will try 0, 05% cream. In my country, retin-A gel isn't available...

Ok, well keep us posted on how things are going. I'll be interested to hear how your skin responds!