Don't Choose Dr. Pizarro For Your Hair Transplants - Jacksonville, FL

Growing up, I always knew I was going to lose my...

Growing up, I always knew I was going to lose my hair, my dad was bald, my grandfather was bald, even my cousins and uncles were either bald or balding. So when I started losing my hair at the age of 21, I wasn't exactly what you would call "shocked", but I knew that I didn't want to just accept my genetic fate and tried everything from home-remedies to rogaine and other prescription shampoos, before finally gathering the nerve to go under the knife.

After doing plenty of research, I decided to visit the offices of Dr. Marina Pizarro. At first, all seemed to go well with my over the phone consultations and even my initial physical consultation. My surgery appointment was scheduled and I was psyched for my treatment. However, when I get there, there is something... different with the Dr.'s demeanor. The office was clean and everything was in place, but she didn't seem as though she was all there. I chalked it up to nerves and went forward with the procedure.

Leaving the office, I get back to my family and showed my wife and kids my new locks, and awaited their examination and approval. My wife and son lovingly told me it looked great, while my youngest daughter pointed out a few flaws. She said, "Daddy, it looks like she missed a spot !", and I laughed nervously and ran to the mirror and checked closer. When I pulled back some hair, it appeared to be short and lack the fullness of the other areas, but it was a fresh surgery and I called the office, and Dr. Pizarro advised that this was perfectly normal, but to keep her posted on the progress. I decided that the doctor knows best and decided to wait and see.

A couple weeks went by and by this point I had actually discovered 3 other patches and it seemed as though hair was still getting caught up in my comb at alarming rates. I gave Dr. Pizarro a call and she advised me to send in a few pictures and she would give me her professional opinion on whether a second treatment would be needed (again at my expense). I sent her the pictures to her in October of 2010, and spoke with her office a few times in November when stopped returning my phone calls.

Dr. Marina Pizarro is NOT a doctor I would recommend and furthermore, I feel as though I should have trusted my gut instinct the day I was in the office and she seemed a bit too distracted to speak or pay attention to me prior to my surgery. I've since had her "batch job" corrected by another doctor and have to admit that I am more than please with my current, non-patchy results, although I am out another $3900 fixing her mistakes. The experience and the headache dealing with her office were depressing at best, especially since the initial surgery cost just over $9500, and still had to be corrected by a second doctor. If you want your job done right, and your hair to look perfect, I would take my business elsewhere.

Dr. Marina Pizarro

Online

Dr. Pizarro, Either your memory is failing, your records are not very accurate or your level of honesty is questionable. I had a hair surgery with you in 2010 and received 3000 plugs and paid $9000. Results were not anywhere close to what you promised, so i can relate to jbrooks2011. I will not return to you for another session because I went through too much pain for such bad results. I don't know who jbrooks is but he sure wrote a very detailed review. How can a patient that goes through such a bad experience confuse you for another doctor? Your attempt of deviating from responsibility is very disappointing.
Dear jbrooks2011, You must have this information confused with another doctor. This is not my pricing. In the last 36 months I have had 2 procedures that were in that price range, both were very successful and they were preformed in the last 8 months. My average price is $6000 for 2000 grafts and I do one procedure a day, so it is pretty easy to keep track of accounting-wise. Dr. Marina Pizarro