Anxiously Awaiting Cellulaze and Smart Lipo Triplex Outcomes -Jacksonville, FL

I am currently 2 days out from having Cellulaze to...

I am currently 2 days out from having Cellulaze to the anterior thighs and Smartlipo Triplex to outer thighs and and hips. Procedures were performed with local anesthesia and no notable discomfort during the procedure. In addition to the local anesthesia Valium and Xanax were prescribed. I was moderately alert during the procedure (probably to the detriment of my surgeon) because I believe I talked incessantly. The entire procedure took about 2 1/2 hours. Recovery has been simple.

I am 42 yrs old. Work out 5 days per week. Eat a balanced diet. Pleased with my figure BUT, have been plagued with cellulite since I can remember. My doctor described my cellulite as a 2 and believes I was a good candidate. My main area of concern has been my anterior thighs...you have to be very creative, living in Fl, to disguise the front of your thighs in the dog days of summer. Currently I am bruised and swollen but extremely optimistic. I do have before photos and will continue to keep a photo journal as time passes.

Had my post op last Wednesday and was told...

Had my post op last Wednesday and was told everything looked great and was healing properly. Also got the green light to exercise , with obvious caution about not overdoing it. Bruising is almost nonexistent (11 days post) and the swelling is primarily where the cellulaze was done... Still wearing compression garments religiously and was instructed to wear them for the next five weeks. I'm feeling very optimistic and though it is too early to truly comment, I am pleased with what I'm seeing!

One month post op and healing well. Smart Lipo is...

One month post op and healing well. Smart Lipo is DEFINITELY worth it. Not only did it tackle the hard to budge fat but as it claims, tightened the skin in the treated area. As for the cellulaze the jury is still out. I see improvement but still hard to make a precise ruling due to swelling. I am still anxiously awaiting and very optimistic.
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

I had a Breast Augmentation by her 4 yrs ago. Since then, she has operated on several of my friends with great outcomes.

That is funny that you talked incessantly during the treatment! Those drugs do wonders to us, don't they?!! One of my aunts had a minor surgical procedure several years ago and the doctors later told her she had sung Rod Stewart's Walking in Memphis nearly the entire time, haha!

I'm so glad that everything is going well for you so far. How was drainage the first day after the treatment??

Singing may have been in the mix as well...I'm Afraid to ask; ). Much like the majority of the post I've read on Real Self, the drainage was complete within 24 hours. With that said, right or wrong, I also expressed some saroma from my thighs the evening of my surgery while showering. Again, I'm blaming the Lortab(for pain) I wantonly swallowed. I only took the pain pills the day of the surgery and haven't needed them since. Today, which is day 5, I have experienced some edema, particularly noticeable in my calfs. I did an unusual amount of sitting ( in a meeting )with my legs crossed at times, followed by about 4 hours of standing in one place this evening. I suspect that is the primary cause. I have my first check up Wednesday....and will continue to update.

Yeah, that makes sense about the cause of the swelling. I hope things were feeling a bit better after you were off your feet & sleeping last night. Hoping your checkup goes well!!