Amazing Easy Tuck! - Jackson, MS

I'm 62. I had a pretty substantial weight gain-...

I'm 62. I had a pretty substantial weight gain- and then loss - five or so years ago. In order for my belly to shrink, I lost way too much weight everywhere else. I worked to gain back some weight, and began to interview PS for surgery. I believe I found the correct one (Scott Runnels in Jackson MS) because my surgery has been a real breeze compared to what I read on this forum.
I reacted badly to pain meds, so stopped taking them on second day. Found I really did not need them. Movement was uncomfortable, of course, and I had some trouble getting out of bed. I learned to roll off the bed, rather than trying to lift myself out. :) I'm sure it was a pretty funny sight.
I had good care from my family. I have pretty much been able to be "off" for these three weeks. I know that is one reason I have done so well. But if I had been working at a desk job, I could have gone back even before the two week mark. I still have a drain, even at three weeks, and that would have difficult to manage while working, but I know there are folks on this site who have given good advice about hiding the drain.
I am still wearing the binder, or if I need to dress for the public, one of several spanx type garments. I find I like the ones that let me wear my own bra under it. The ones that have a bra in them also compress my breasts. Ow!
I encourage anyone who is afraid they can't stand the pain, must rent a hospital bed, etc, to also consider my story, and that of several others I've seen here. We have not had violent pain, and are encouraged that we are going to love the results! It just takes time.
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Wonderful doc. Wonderful staff. Wonderfully cooperative nursing staff.