Amazing Easy Tuck! - Jackson, MS

I'm 62. I had a pretty substantial weight gain-...

I'm 62. I had a pretty substantial weight gain- and then loss - five or so years ago. In order for my belly to shrink, I lost way too much weight everywhere else. I worked to gain back some weight, and began to interview PS for surgery. I believe I found the correct one (Scott Runnels in Jackson MS) because my surgery has been a real breeze compared to what I read on this forum.
I reacted badly to pain meds, so stopped taking them on second day. Found I really did not need them. Movement was uncomfortable, of course, and I had some trouble getting out of bed. I learned to roll off the bed, rather than trying to lift myself out. :) I'm sure it was a pretty funny sight.
I had good care from my family. I have pretty much been able to be "off" for these three weeks. I know that is one reason I have done so well. But if I had been working at a desk job, I could have gone back even before the two week mark. I still have a drain, even at three weeks, and that would have difficult to manage while working, but I know there are folks on this site who have given good advice about hiding the drain.
I am still wearing the binder, or if I need to dress for the public, one of several spanx type garments. I find I like the ones that let me wear my own bra under it. The ones that have a bra in them also compress my breasts. Ow!
I encourage anyone who is afraid they can't stand the pain, must rent a hospital bed, etc, to also consider my story, and that of several others I've seen here. We have not had violent pain, and are encouraged that we are going to love the results! It just takes time.
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Wonderful doc. Wonderful staff. Wonderfully cooperative nursing staff.

So glad I found you. I am considering using Dr Runnels in Flowood. I live in Brandon, I could really use your opinion right now. I am currently set for Surgery with Dr. Kenneth Barazza on Jan 14. I've Barazza is good, but I can see any of his work other that pictures. I heard nothing but good about Runnels. I'm 46, I've lost 63 pounds. I want an arm lift and Tummy tuck at the same time. Please let me know how you've done and how you like Runnels. I'm so tired of trying to decide which is best. Thank you so much. So glad I found someone on here that has use a dr locally.
CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the flat side! I'm 12 days post op and doing well...now. How are you feeling?
Looking great! Hope my procedure will be as uneventful pain wise as yours!
What an inspiration. I wish you all the best x
Great review!
You look great!I'm happy its a easy recovery for you
Congrats!!! You look awesome!!!
Congrats you look marvelous
wow you go girlie!! your an inspiration to us emma xx