My Ematrix Journey - Just Got my First Ematrix Done - Irvine, CA

First of all, I would like to thank the community...

First of all, I would like to thank the community members zeezee and sassy74 for their positive encouragment. I just got my first ematrix treatment and so far so good. I would be documenting the details of my ematrix "journey" in efforts of helping other people who are struggling with discoloration, irregular skin tone, texture problems, and acne scars.

Yesterday, June 09 2011 is date when I received my first ematrix treatment in orange county California.

I love the facility and the people working there. My doctor is a very experienced dematologist. I don't like to go to plastic surgeons because they treat all tons of problems. I like my doctor because he is a SKIN doctor and that is about it. He is a botox and skin filler trainer and he has 30 something years experiences in treating skin problems. The facility is beautiful and the nurses working there are extremely nice and knowledgeable. Love it love it love it.

Okay, so I arrived at the center at 10:00am. I was debating if I should go through the treatment even at the last minute. (I was very indecisive. =) The nurse who welcomed me told me I perhaps would like the outcome if I have reasonable expectations. She also told me to not to go through invasive laser treatment because of potential pigmentation problem would occur. I really appreciate her honesty and her words put me at ease immediately.

My doctor is the best doctor in the world. First of all, I can never guess how old she is because her skin looks like 25 tops. She told me she has been treating herself (her neck) with ematrix and she let me touch the part of the neck which received the treatment and the part of the neck which hasn't. The texture of the skin on the part has been treated felt extremely soft and tight in comparison to the rest of the area.

I told my doctor that I would like to try a low level A for the first time just to see how it feels. My doctor said she wanted to give me a level B because she felt I could handle it fairly well. Since I was such a chicken, I insisited on level A. And she had absolutely no problems with that.

First, my face has been covered by numbing cream and that stuff really worked! I couldn't feel a thing when the nurse wipe the cream off my face with alcohol. Numbing cream took about 1 hour to take effect and here came my treatment!

I was really nervous and my doctor told me try to relax because it did not hurt that much at all. Then she "zapped" my skin with the machine and honestly, I just felt a little warmth and I really could not describe it as "pain" at all. I don't even think I can describe it as "discomfort." After 10 minutes or so, I think my left face started burning. It felt like a pretty bad sun burn or a chemical peel. Nothing was more than I could handle though. After another 10 minutes - 15 minutes or so, my doctor told me she was done. I asked her if I looked red, she said "yes, and tomorrow you will look very cute with little rosy baby cheeks." LOL, I just loved her because she was so funny.

When I looked at myself in the mirror, I was terrified by how red I looked. But it did not look "that" bad. I just looked like I stayed in the sun for too long. After applied sun block cream on my face, I was sent home.

I also need to add that I have been prescribed with oil free lotion. My doctor told me I had to apply that lotion on my face as often as possible, otherwise, I am not going to heal beautifully.

Well, the whole treatment is little to no pain. I honestly believe everybody can handle it. But the burning smell during the treatment was pretty horrifying. I think it is more psychological than physical though.

When I arrived home, my dad did not even think I got anything done. I was even that red anymore.
At around 3:00PM, the redness came back. My face looked blotchy. I didn't notice any swollen and my skin felt comfortable. It was pretty much my day one experience.

Today is day two. In the morning, the redness calmed down quite a bit. But I still looked like I slept terribly and I looked like I had a big fight with somebody, and that person punched my face on all the random areas. Swelling is tolerable but noticeable.

What changed today is that I noticed thousands of tiny white (or maybe black) matrix "dots" on my face. My face felt like sand paper and I had such unpleasant rough texture on my face! I washed my face with water only and applied oil free lotion, my skin felt comfortable. (no pain, no itchness)

I will be posting update later on tonight and for sure tomorrow. So far, I liked the experience. I don't know if I am going to reaceive the positive outcome yet. It is way too early to tell. But I am pleased with the downtime, redness, and the whole treatment.
It is NOT painful. It is NOT uncomfortable.

So today is day 6 of my ematrix...

So today is day 6 of my ematrix "journey". I regreted the decision to only have the doctor doing the level A on me.
I should have done level B as a jump start of beautiful skin!!

I want to treat three - four very shallow and small ice picked acne scars and pigmentation problems. I have very very oil skin and pore size is so big. They look like tiny holes.

I have to say I did indeed notice improvement on my skin tone. Overall, I am satisfied with the result. But I know this is not a final result yet. I am going for the second treatment next month and I will for sure go for a level B!

Is your doctor a male or female because you said He first then She?
I have the comments and notes from MsShizuka and cannot seem to find any mentions of the name of her doctor. I would greatly appreciate anyone w/ this information to post the name or location of this doctor in Irvine. i would very much like to have this procedure and want to see if it is affordable. thank you.
I finished my 4th ematrix about a week ago and the results are great! I recommend it if you can afford it. It's gotten rid of the hyperpigmentation I got during pregnancy (3 pregnancies) and diminished or eliminated the creeping age spots that are appearing into my early 40s. :P My face looks a lot brighter!
it's been over a week and i love the results. after the dots healed and the ery skin flaked off my skin looks better than it hqs in a long time. the overall tone has evened out and looks smoother and my pores look smaller on my cheeks.love it! cant wait for my next session.

Yay bbijkt,

This gives other community members who are still in the healing process a lot of hope that things should turn out great in the end. We'd love to hear more about your full experience in a review, you can post that here.

Thanks so much,

-Britt

My doctor recommended this treatment to me as I have large pores, very oily skin, and am prone to pimples. My facial skin has some mild acne scars in some areas. She had given me several peels (30% and 50%) to start and it didn't really do much, my skin felt smoother, but no real visible difference. She talked me through the process and costs, and I opted for the ematrix 3000. I scheduled my appointment and had my first treatment yesterday. Since I tolerate acid peels very well, she recommended I start with medium/B impact, and if I didn't feel too much pain, she would increase it to C. She also uses it on herself, and she has fabulous skin for a woman in her fifties! I didn't use a numbing cream and to me, it hurt!I felt like I had little rubber bands flicked on my skin while simultaneously being electrocuted in the parts that she worked on. She would take little breaks inbetween while I recovered from the discomfort. I had 200 shots all over my face. My face was burning by the end. It was quite uncomfortable. It took several hours for the burning sensation to subside, and that night, when I gently cleaned my face, it really stung when the treated areas came into contact with water. My face was bright red, and right now, a day later, I have little marks resembling the gun she used, and my skin is really rough and red. Like burn marks all over my face. She said this is normal, and the skin will start to peel away in 3/4 days, I should notice an improvement by a week from now. I can't wait. I am planning to do a series of 3/4 treatments. By the way, I live in South-East Asia, and one treatment costs 200 USD. My dermatologist is excellent, really skilled and great bedside manner. I am hopeful that the results will be good!
I never had it done... The cuote was from AmerIcan Laser
Hi Where in Irvine did you get your treatment?
Hello, Where did you go for your treatment? I live in Orange County and interested in getting it done for acne scars.
I'm glad to hear some other Dr. is charging 3000 for 4 sessions. That's what I'm getting. Honestly, I don't care what it costs if it works. I'm scheduled for 7/21. Little nervous. Glad to hear Shizuka has seen good results.
Sarah
Hi! I am so glad you see the improvements. I was curious about this new procedure but coudn't find anyone doing that around my area. I did Fraxel before and wanted to try EMatrix now. Can you tell us who is your doctor? Thank you
hi, where in irvine did you get this done, if u can recommend the doctor
Hi, did you get any info where was this treatment done? I would love to do it but I went to a Doctor that charges $3.000 for 4 sessions :( I appreciate any info!!

Hi MzShizuka,

Great review, so detailed. I understand you now regret getting the A setting instead of the B, but it sounds like, based on the community sometimes a little firstis always better so you can see how your skin will react. You will have to let us know how your appointment next month goes. We love pictures if you are comfortable sharing.

Thanks so much for the review, and have a great weekend!

-Britt

Let me know how it looks tomorrow. I'm getting more nervous. I just signed up for this. :P I'll check back. Good luck.
Sarah
So today is my day 5 of this ematrix journey. My face is itchy on the side, but overall, It felt comfortable and the discomfort is minimal. ALl the hyperpigmentation is pretty much gone. My pore looks tight and small (WOW, unbelievable, but I do wonder if my eyes play trick on me) Three little icepick scars have been filled pretty well. My skin looks more even, smooth, bright. I don't have fine line to start with, but my face looks so tight, which is a plus.

Hi there. My face looks really bad with te acne scars. So can u please let me kno where did u get the ematrix treatment. Please send me an email if u dont mind. *****_****@*****.com. Thanks alot ! Have a good one !

Can you share to us where you got your laser done? Im glad you have a good experience. Thanks!!!
Can you share where you got your laser done? Im glad you have a good experience. Thanks!