Cosmelan 1 Mask - Irvine, CA

I went to Total Dermatology in Irvine to do...

I went to Total Dermatology in Irvine to do Cosmelan peel. I left it on for about 10 hours the doc said 8 but I lost track of time! Face sun burned red, feels dry, tight and hot! I applied Hydra K and going to bed. I will follow the Cosmelan 2 on Day 2 Dr. Pilest said to apply two to three times but if my face was to sensitive or red just apply once a day. I will post tomorrow how I look and feel following Cosmelan 1 mask.

Thank you for joining the community and sharing with us.  Definitely keep us up to date on each step of the way.

Cosmelan Update

Ok well post removing Cosmelan 1

Day 1 - I was really red, like a tomato! Skin was tight and dry. I refrained from applying Cosmelan 2 just yet because my face was on fire!
Day 2 - I started some slight peeling around the mouth and chin area not too much anywhere else. I did then apply Cosmelan 2 only on the spots but only twice a day instead of three.
Day 3 - I did start peeling everywhere! Skin was now pinkish/redish not as much as Day 1 or Day 2. Skin started peeling from cheeks, nose, temples, forehead. I applied Cosmelan 2 only on the areas I had melasma. Skin was still tight and dry.
Day 4 - I was pinkish but with more peeling still couldn't go out in public. Continued to apply Cosmelan 2 on areas of melasma but twice a day.
Day 5 - I was still pinkish had very minimal peeling and now applied Cosmelan 2 three times a day. Towards the evening of Day 5 the peeling was about 95% gone I was able to apply make up and go out with some friends. I was still slightly pink look like I had blush on but skin looked refreshed!
Day 6 - I was as good as new! I am applying Cosmelan 2 three times a day makes you look a little flushed but it's only been 6 days.

Friends and boyfriend asked if it was worth the downtime and money? ABSOLUTELY IT WAS! Would I recommend anyone battling melasma? Yes I would definitely recommend it anyone battling melasma. Would I do it again? Yes as many times it would allow me too!
How are you now with the results? Still good?
Hi Jeremy I'm still good actually still slightly peeling...I'm happy with my results one of the spots on my forehead is still there it's about 40% lighter but overall im still good

Didn't respond to it :(

Well its been four months since I did the Cosmelan regular and back to the same. I saw results for the first month and two months later went back to how it was :( I'm actually on hq8% and not responding to that either.
What did you try next ?
Total Dermatology

Staff was attentive and friendly. They took a little long to see me but I cant complain I was late to my appt. Dr. Pilest was great! He briefly explained the procedure, side affects and protocol. He asked if I had any questions or concerns and stated he will see me in a month.