Breast Reconstruction After Prophylactic Double Mastectomy - Irvine, CA

Dr. Song was recommended by my Breast Surgeon, Dr....

Dr. Song was recommended by my Breast Surgeon, Dr. Cursio, to perform the reconstruction of my breasts. I'm 55 and very physically active. I just wanted my same size (B) but was very concerned about keeping my strength and flexibility. My results are amazing! I feel completely normal but have the breasts of an 18 year old. Thanks Dr. Song!
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

From the first consultation with Dr. Song, I felt reassured and confident that I had made the right choice in Doctors. He was kind, personal, compassionate and professional. He took the time I needed to explain all procedures, time frame, etc. The results are better than I could of dreamed of. Minimal scarring (that is still disappearing), total strength and flexibility has already returned and a beautiful set of breasts. Yay! Dr. Song and his Patient Specialist, Andrea, were there for any concerns and questions throughout the whole process----and still are. You become part of their family there at Song Plastic Surgery. I can not recommend them more!

Thank you for sharing your story.
I'm so happy to hear you are pleased with your results. After a double mastectomy, you deserve to look and feel great. Did you have immediate reconstruction or did you do the process take a few months? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!
Dr. Song did not recommend direct to implant even tho I just wanted to be the same size. The mastectomy surgery was December 10th and with the inserts, I had 2 fills and then had my exchange surgery January 27th with some fat grafting. From the many people I have talked to or read about, this was very fast but worked out great for me. I went back to work February 24th with complete motion and strength back. That was very important to me since I am a Heavy Equipment/Truck Mechanic and avid mountain biker.
Wow, yes, that is very quick. So glad it worked out well for you. Where did you graft the fat from? How was it the first few weeks back at work? Have you even tried mountain biking yet?
My fat graft came from my stomach through my belly button. My stomach was a bit sore for a bit but, not bad. Now as the swelling has been going down, I believe I'll need some more. I have been back to work for 2 weeks now and it is amazing! I have 100% of my strength back and when your busting tires, jacking up trucks, doing brake jobs----well, if I didn't have my strength, I wouldn't have my job. In regards to the mountain bike, I'm back in the saddle. I got the OK about 2 weeks after the drains came out after my exchange surgery. I'm not as fast as I used to be but, feel totally comfortable and agile and am training for my race series which will start in May. Bottom line: I'm pretty much exactly how I was but have much lovelier breasts!
That's amazing! I'm certain your pre-op condition helped you recover so quickly. Glad you're back in the saddle. Let us know how your training goes and any further changes to your lovely breasts!