False Advertising, Not Enough Information

I have had invisalign for 2 month so far. I'm on...

I have had invisalign for 2 month so far. I'm on the 5th aligners of 15 on top and 10 on bottom. I am trying to correct a cross in my front teeth caused by a lack of retainer use and a very tiny mouth (I'm a very tiny 23 year old girl.)

I chose invisalign purely because of vanity, I wanted perfect teeth without having to look like I was correcting my teeth. Everything was fine until I had to get my "attachments" which I was NOT told about, and is rarely mentioned by Invisalign. They could not be less invisible if they tried, it looks like I have ceramic braces on a couple of my teeth. Like big white pieces of rices glued to the front of my teeth.

I have stopped smiling, and started doing a very awkward closed mouth smirk that just makes me look miserable and sarcastic. Or if I happen to laugh I cover my mouth in horror and shame.

I just wish someone had let me know about this attachments (particularly my orthodontist) because had I known I'm not sure I would have done this. I thought that when I took my aligners off I would have my regular mouth back, but not with this white cement on my teeth that I can't escape until the treatment is over.

Braces would have been cheaper, quicker, and just as noticeable.

I do not recommend invisilign. After a year of wearing it, my bite was off, couldn't chew properly and I developed 7 cavities. Stopped wearing the night guard and my teeth realigned themselves to the position they were in previously. I would like to join a class action suit as my dentist would not give me a refund.
Frankly the non-disclosure of the buttons is a total scam. Why aren't they on noted on the custom made video they give you? They know at the time the make the video that buttons will be required. The on time it comes up is when you're sitting there getting ready to put them in and AFTER you paid for half the treatment.

I also felt like the process was more about pushing customers through then a health care experience.

Normally I don't like all the product litigation but this one class action lawsuit I'd be happy to join.
I just don't understand how they can falsely advertise such a fake product. It's like sticking a piece of bs plastic in your mouth. You support it and nothing happens. Did I waste my money. Yes I did. They are worse.
it only works on very minor cases. the problem is that they allow non orthodontists (dentists without speciality training in ortho) to treat cases. because of monetary gain the dentists are submitting very hard cases that are well beyond the abilities of these retainers.
ok as my name states I have son with anxiety level past the roof who cannot deal with pain. Last year 2 baby teeth (small front molars) pulled (he's 17) and the adult teeth have no room to come in. Dentist (not orthodontist we haven't seen one yet) said braces but I know my son won't deal with discomfort of them. I have thought maybe Invisalign but upon reading I don't know. Already his dentist said Invisalign isn't an option but otherwise permanently extracting the two adult teeth with no room to come out is the other. Sighhhh. Not the decision I want either. Is Invisalign really that horrible?
When I went for a consultation, the dentist informed me about "attachments" or "buttons". I expressed concern regarding the look and he said they can be placed on the inside of my front teeth so that they are not seen by anyone. Maybe that can be requested for future patients...
I thought maybe I had missed out on some important info from invisalign or spaced out at my dentists office, but no, i wasn't fully informed on the attachments either. I didn't know where they were gonna be placed either until AFTER i had coughed up 2100 dollars and then found out that most of them would be all my front teeth. They make taking my aligners out harder, a little painful and time consuming because i am scared to rip my aligner. So she has a very legitimate comment that would definitely help some people at least be aware!!
Invisalign is absolute crap. You are NOT being a baby. You are being honest. Ivisalign does NOT tell you about the fricking buttons. They ARE noticeable. That is a perfect description too. A giant bright white piece of rice stuck on the center of your tooth. What a JOKE!!! I have had them for about 6 months now and people STILL notice the dumbass buttons. Skip the expensive invisalign and go with regular braces. If you're going to have something on your teeth that is noticeable (and invisalign buttons are HIGHLY noticeable) go with braces and stuff that cash in your pocket. I am almost ready to have them taken off and go with braces. They don't move the teeth worth crap wither. And I am VERY diligent about wearing the things.
Grown up or not, I think the original posting is honest. My dentist glossed over the attachments issue. Seems people who have no attachments (or buttons) have a peachy keen experience and those of with them have another story. My mouth is wracked, my gum tissue is raw and my lips have sores from having to wrangle these suckers out of my mouth. And my buttons are quite noticeable. Be aware, that getting the retainers off after the buttons are attached can be difficult and painful depending on their placement. I'm on my third trip back to the dentist today to have the same one replaced that keeps coming out with my retainers. I really hope it's worth it. My two front teeth were chipped in a car accident and by correcting my bite, in theory, Invisalign will help me from continually chipping of the resin replacement (they keep falling out). Right now, I'm not sure if Veneers would have been a better option. Bottom line, ask your dentist the full story on attachments and the associated lifestyle adjustment.
You will get over it. I have several buttons. I did not like it at first. They are still better than traditional braces. You are just a whiner. I smile proudly now even with them on. Nobody notices them even with the buttons unless they are looking very closely. I have them all on the front teeth. The way I see it there are no wires. with traditional one there are. Stop acting like a baby and grow up. This just reflects on your bad self esteem. I tell everybody I have it and they think it's great and wish they had them when they were growing up and were thinking about invisalign. So if they are still thinking about it even with seeing the buttons it means it looks good. Get over yourself. You look goofier not smiling and covering your mouth.
Get a clue, You know what really reflects well on someone's character? Attacking someone with an opinion. How truly "adult" of you to call me a baby and whiner. The point of my review is misinformation. But hey, if you are the type of person who needs to knock other people's feelings- job well done, you made me feel bad.
Get a Clue - at realself.com we do not allow personal attacks. We want our community to be a place you can safely and confidently share real experiences and opinions. It's fair to say that you've had a difference in experience and opinion, but it's not necessary to attack the character of a fellow RealSelf member. Please refrain from this activity. In the meantime if the review author wants your comment removed, we'll honor their request.
How about you grow up. Invisalign sucks. I have had it for over one and a half years and my teeth are almost as crooked as they started off. I have got 4 replacements in the process because they do not work. I went to get my new ones today and now not only can you see the ugly buttons, but one of the areas that grasps a button on my front tooth has an enormous bulge like a bubble sticking out. I hate smiling too. People are mean and always stare at my teeth like they are weird and disgusting. I'll bet you are one of those people.
Well, I just started Invisalign. I am not sure if I am completely satisfied, but I can tell you this.. it does beat traditional braces. I had traditional braces and I have permanent damage to my teeth. I had to have root canals on 3 out of 4 molars because of all the food that gets trapped under the molars. You can not clean your teeth properly with traditional braces, and that is tough on the teeth. I think you should keep your head up, atart smiling again and not worry about what others are thinking. In the end it will all be worth it. I am now 31 an doing it all over again because my permanent retainers popped off and my teeth started to shift. Stay positive. Peace