Best Decision of my Life!!! - Indianapolis, IN

I've always been up and down weight wise, but...

I've always been up and down weight wise, but rawked it out till I had kids. I was fat. Life dramatically changed, i went back to school, lost 70lbs, and took the plunge. I researched and met multiple docs for 2yrs. I heard it all. A bazillion opinions, a butch if yeses and nos, felt pushed and ignored, and was disappointed. When I met Dr. Bergman, I knew she was it. I had. 7.5hr surgery (which terrified me) with the most amazing group of caring people I've met. I had 7lbs of skin and fat removed!!!! I had. Tummy tuck, flank and back roll lipo, and my 38D lifted and 325cc saline implants placed. I am one week out, drains been removed, and I pretty much can stand straight. It has honestly been an easier recovery than I dreamed.

I am having splitting or dehiscence around my...

I am having splitting or dehiscence around my right nipple. Kinda freaked out right now, but it isn't terrible and no infection. I restarted my antibiotic, and I will be seeing the surgeon tomorrow.

3wks post op

The tummy is healing great. My left breast is doing pretty good, but my right breast is having issues. Im worried it's a hematoma meaning it will need a second surgery. It is draining nasty black old blood. Other than that, I'm moving fine and feeling bettet, although still incredibly tired!
Carmel Plastic Surgeon

She was caring, listening, honest, and put me at such ease. I knew when I met her, she was it within the first 5minutes!

You look great!!! happy healing thanks for sharing your journey and pics they are encouraging
I am from Indiana also! I live in TN now. Thank you for sharing your story :) Just curious will your surgeon let you put your nipple bar bells back in after surgery? I used to have mine done, and my hubby wants me to do it again after surgery
I actually lost all nipple sensation when I had them done. Since surgery.....wowzas, feeling came back 10 fold! I like it and don't want to put them back
Congrats u look great and its gonna look even better in a few weeks!
You look great! Keep us posted
you look fantastic! Congratulations!
Well you look great... Get it!

Wow, you're looking great so far! Thanks so much for sharing your story on RealSelf. What's been the hardest part about recovery?

Honestly.......sleeping. I've been off pain meds since about day 5/6 and walking upright since about day 6/7. once I moved to bed sleeping, it sucks to wake up stiff. Oh, and mid-upper back soreness they said probably from a combo of lipo and walking slouched over.
Post more after pics
I'll take a few more. I was on my phone and am only 11 days post op, so other than less steristrips, I don't look too different yet. The swelling sucks!!!!