Those Damned Nasolabial Folds! - Indianapolis, IN

Get a fat transfer. Trust me it's a cure and it's...

Get a fat transfer. Trust me it's a cure and it's real you. lol. Not a temporary reaction to a foreign substance, or even a foreign substance itself. Dr. Barrey Eppley in Indianapolis, IN took fat from my abdomen while I was out having my chin done, and put it in there for it. In his words, it was nothing of a procedure, and in fact the decision was made

Photos Added

The after ones were all taken within the past month up to less than 1 week ago. (surgery 11/20/12, today 6/12/13). The best choice ever was to get this because of what it turned my smile into.
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

Hi, new to this site. Came across your post and your before/after looks amazing. I'm interested in getting fat transferred to my nasolabial folds, how much was just the fat transfer and are you happy with the results in 2014?
You look great! Thanks for your entertaining review! :-)
u look good honey!! I suffer from the same thing.. im 25 and look 40 because of my folds. thx
Thank you! I know me and the prezzy and you must have that gene for them.
your cheeks look great. Loving your different 'looks'. fun!
Thanks girlll
I want this so bad because I have a small drawn face
aww I hope you get it! God Bless

Thanks for your review! Wondering if you possibly entered the cost incorrectly? :0) What was recovery like for you after your fat transfer?

Yes, I did enter the cost incorrectly due to the fact that I decided to have the procedure done less than 1 hour before surgery. I suppose I should adjust it, though. With the fat transfer, I do not have much to comment on other that I can say was a recovery process of the nasolabial fold fat injections by themselves, because I had facial bone reconstruction under the same anesthesia, other than 1) the site was firm like rubber for apx 6 months, 2) it looked really incredible at first, though there is always certain facial expressions that will perhaps give the procedure away, 3) there was a lot of fat put in my very lean physique, 4) I can, today, still feel the grafted fat on one side by palpating the site with my fingers, and it still feels more firm than the rest of my subcutaneous tissue surrounding, 5) I may be continuing to resorb some of the fat although there is little published literature on the timing of the resorption of fat transfer, 6) I, at present, have slight nasolabial folds, 7) After the procedure, I had no creases whatsoever, and the tube-like transplanted fat grafts protruded due to swelling as well as over-correcting to accommodate future resorption, and the skin looked like glass after, which was a good thing, 8) my face looks dramatically different after fat placement, and 9) I am underweight and can not speak on behalf of those who are at a healthy weight. That would be a different procedure for the surgeon. I do not remember whether adding the procedure was $1,500 or $500. Sincerely, Jordan M.
Hi I was just reading your blog on fat transfer, Where did u have it put in again and r u happy today with it?? Did it last or has it moved around or resorbed somewhere else? How long ago now did u do u it? I,m looking at doing under my eyes due to hollowing. Just wondering if your are happy with your results. any comments on the fat injecting would be greatly appreciated . thanks for your storey. This is such a new thing with not much information to find..
I'm so glad that you're considering a fat transfer! I am in LA with access to more plastic surgeons than one could wish for, and Dr. Barry Eppley did my nasolabial fold injections when I was under the general anesthesia of a chin osteotomy procedure. It's resorbed, but still nothing like it could be without having gotten anything done. Ugh.