Not Happy with Breast Lift - No Breast Crease/Scars Very Noticable - Indiana, IN

I originally had a small lift and implants put in...

I originally had a small lift and implants put in a year ago. The mini lift didnt work, scars around my nipples spread and I devolped a considerable droop. Was told I needed a full lift, & nipple reduction, and that is what I did. Im now 6 weeks post opt, I had a reaction to some of the sutures so im def going to need some incision revisions. Also, my main concern is that my crease incision is not concealed, (look in the mirror thats all i see) & I have no breast crease anymore! Has anyone experienced this or know anyone who has? I’m distraught and becoming frustrated with all this disappointment, feel like ive been mutilated! Any advise PLEASE?!?!

In my opinion the surgeon should not be practicing. The horizontal cut should not be viewable . That is what all the literature they give you in advance promises. My horizontal scars cannot be seen, since my surgeon is a real pro. There are many others in this forum just like this, or worse. The docs who do this should be barred from doing lifts in my opinion. The good news is (a) they will fade and (b) no one can see them, even if you are wearing a low cut top...
There is a story by redhotwings on here and she just had some sort of internal stitches to fix her crease. Maybe you could look into her story and ask your PS if that's something that you could try if they don't eventually have a crease. Also I have epiderm silicone sheets for my scars and I've been using for 2 weeks and its already starting to look much better.
Are you massaging with a scar cream at least twice daily? And the silicone sheets are wonderful, along with kenalog injections. I think you look GREAT for 6 weeks out!!! Way better than I did. I do have a crease though still as I had a lot of breast tissue in the first place. Research scar revision surgery because your scars can actually worsen from another incision:( I am so impatient and got so sick of hearing this, but it is so true that with time they do get better. Even up to a year. I am 6 months post op and you can barely see most of my scars! The one under my right breast toward my sternum (so it is visible in low cut shirts or bikinis) is not so great. It is raised and spreading (keloid), so I am doing all of the aforementioned and it is helping. Massage, massage, massage too!!!:) Good luck!
Thank you, my main concern is that my crease scar are so noticable. My friend had hers done at the same time and hers are completely hiden. Just frusterated. I guess your right, time to work with what i have and start taking care of these scars. What are kenalog injections?
Kenalog is like a steroid injection to reduce the inflammation/redness. The goal is to help minimize the scar if its raised and noticeable. I am doing them and they are only about $48 an injection at my PS and you get a series of 4, 1 a month.
My crease returned at about month 3 after the implants "dropped" in their final testing place lol:)
*resting lol
Im going to call and inquire about the injections, thanks so much for that! & i have nothing to drop (had implants for over a year prior to the lift). Maybe i still have settling to do with the lift itself (i can only hope - ha).
I agree with what Dr. said.
You appear to have an excellent result. The scars will get red for the first 3-6 months, then they will shrink and lighten, becoming much less apparent. The skin will stretch and loosen, and your crease will return. Allow 4-6 months before evaluating the results. You will be happy.
Thanks Doc! I love the shape, its just how noticable the crease scar is that is bothering me. I was worried because i had impalnts prior, so i was assuming there was no more dropping to do. The PS suggested maybe lipo inder to try to get a crease- have you heard of this? Im assumning by the suggestion hes not so sure about it either.

Thanks so much for sharing on RealSelf! You might want to post a question (with a photo) in the doctor Q&A community and see if you can get some feedback there. Please let us know what you decide to do as far as scar revision. Fingers crossed that it gets better for you so you can love your otherwise beautiful results!

Hi there, I think they look great!, I'm almost 3 weeks post-op and my scars are also a concern to me, I know right now it's still too soon to say, please keep us updated with the scar treatment, take care.
Yes it's been alittle traumatic for me, there's not much to brace you for the scars. I love the shape, just don't like how my breast don't fold over anymore. I mean, I have no crease at all. My friend had hers done and the scars aren't even noticeable unless she's laying down and/or pulls up her breast. Mine are noticeable just in a standing position. It's been a long road for me and thought of another revision stinks!
I think other than the scars they look great. I would talk to your PS about scar treatments such as revisions, injections, or laser treatments and also try some OTC scar treatments. I'm currently using epiderm which is sold on biodermis.com and I've also heard good things about scar guard md which is available at Walgreens. Good luck!!
Thank you for your response. Just went to the PS today and they want me to wait 6 more weeks and see what they do. They are suggesting that I have Lipo underneath them to try to create more of a crease so the scar is more concealed. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm going to def look into the scar treatment though, that's a good start! Thanks again!