what's the best thing to insert in BELLY BUTTON??? DO THE HIPS LOOK UNNATURAL??

I guess the title sounds a bit silly ;-0 ... but I...

I guess the title sounds a bit silly ;-0 ... but I think I wanted to point out that my goal like most of you an IMPROVEMENT of my current buttock shape, however many if not most of the beautiful ladies on RealSelf seem to prefer a lot of projection with a huge increase in size.

this is the only part where I many differ than most.....
I DO desire bottom bottom that is as closely shaped to perfection as possible!!! ;-0 lol! However I do not desire a LARGE or SHELF sized bottom, so "after fact absorption" I prefer only a slight increase in size...... BUT A HUGE....HUGE IMPROVEMENT IN SHAPE???? HELP DOCTORS, does that even make sense? possible? I am naturally wider at the top, and smaller at the bottom. However, I desire no hip deposits, but only back, waist, bra line, stomach liposuction & sculpting and would like a smaller framed upper torso/back/waistline with a BEAUTIFULLY SHAPED BUTT!!!

Sorry, too many typos above .... I guess the...

sorry, too many typos above ....

I guess the title does appear a bit silly ;-0 ... LOL, but I think I simply wanted to convey that my goals like most of you ARE of an IMPROVEMENT of my current buttock shape, however many if not most of the beautiful ladies on RS seem to prefer a lot of projection with a "huge increase in size".

this is the only part where I many differ than most.....
I DO desire a bottom that is as closely shaped to perfection as possible!!! ;-0 !!!! However I do not desire a LARGE or SHELF sized bottom, so "after fat absorption" I prefer only a slight increase in size...... BUT A HUGE....HUGE IMPROVEMENT IN SHAPE????

HELP!!! does that even make sense? possible? My body is naturally wider at the top, and smaller at the bottom.

I am asking the ladies which doctor delivers the BETTER SHAPED WAIST, BACK, AND BUTT despite not a lot of projection!! i.e... not a huge DONK! LOL
MY GOALS ARE TO HAVE THE MOST sculpting of the back and waistline, and of course the S curve

overall a smaller framed upper torso/back/waistline with a BEAUTIFULLY SHAPED BUT NOT HUGE BUTT.

i care more about the raw shape/silhouette of the butt while in a swimsuit or thong than in jeans

yes I know this sounds silly.... help!!!!!

ANYONE KNOW OF ANY RS MEMBERS with Jimerson results?

ANYONE KNOW OF ANY RS MEMBERS with Jimerson results?

ANYONE HAVE KIDS... or know someone who has had...

ANYONE HAVE KIDS... or know someone who has had kids after having a BBL? did their results change drastically? were they able to maintain their shape after childbirth?

LADIES... CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE...

LADIES... CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST POST-OP BBL GARMENT YOU'VE USED??? (regardless of cost or which plastic surgeon you've chosen)

I'm noticing sooooooo many, some with azz in, others with azz out... various lengths, styles

and is it possible the garment is responsible partially for the shape you end up with? (looks like it from the very few 1 yr post op pics floating around)

NOW considering only YILY, Pazmino... and...

NOW considering only YILY, Pazmino... and Salzhaeur

help if anyone finds any "real post-op" pics ( I seeing many fakes around)

god bless

ARE MOST OF YOU ELECTING TO USE COMPRESSION...

ARE MOST OF YOU ELECTING TO USE COMPRESSION GARMENTS WITH THE CHEEKS OUT? OR IN?

please leave a link of your absolute favorite garment!???
please

Anyone have the BBL and became pregnant between...

anyone have the BBL and became pregnant between 1-2 yrs later?

can you pleeeeeeeeeeeease give us an idea of any changes your body endured after?

Updated on 14 Dec 2012: PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE FOR...

Updated on 14 Dec 2012:
PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE FOR BETTER RESULTS AND HEALING
info regarding not sitting and wearing the right type of garments. We all know not to sit, but this explains exactly why. So contrary to what I've seen, the one with the booty cut out is NOT ideal after a BBL.... This article explains why. It makes.so much sense. I hope you all find this as useful as I did.

The recovery period for the brazilian butt lift is 3 weeks. If you sit sooner than that it can prevent some of the fat grafts from surviving. Sitting during the recovery period is harmful to the new fat grafts because it exerts a tremendous crushing pressure, up to 400 pounds per square inch in some areas, on these tender cells and tissues. Even the areas that are not crushed are under such pressure that blood flow is shut off.Squatting and stretching are not as bad as sitting, but they can place significant shear and tear stress on the tissues. The blood vessels that keep the cells alive and the grafts themselves are held together by a mesh of tissue called the extracellular matrix. This matrix is composed of protein rods and cells that link together. In the beginning it’s a gel like structure. It can get deformed by folds in the garment or constant low grade pressure. This matrix is only 50% as strong as its going to be at the 1 month post op. This is why stretching, squatting, etc., is not ideal in the early postop period.

A compression garment is very helpful during the recovery because the low compression prevents tissue swelling. Tissue swelling is the enemy of good healing. The pressure is not nearly enough to crush tissues or shut off circulation. A compression garment with the buttocks cutout would be the exact wrong thing as it would allow swelling in the buttocks and prevent drainage into the surrounding areas. As a matter of fact, it would milk swelling from the surrounding tissues into the uncompressed buttocks.Why 3 weeks then? These are the key things that must happen for a fat graft to be successful:*Blood supply must reach the fat graft before it runs out of nutrients.*Blood vessels must get incorporated into the graft successfully.*All the tissues- fat grafts, blood supply, and surrounding tissues must be knit together successfully by the extracellular matrix.It takes 3-4 days for the blood vessels to grow into the fat grafts. During the new few days, the blood vessels begin to strengthen. The extracellular matrix surrounding the fat graft takes another 2-3 weeks to reach enough strength to withstand minor stresses. This is why 3 weeks is the absolute earliest a patient can begin stressing the tissues. A patient should plan for 3 weeks mostly of rest on her stomach or sides, getting up occasionally to limber up the muscles, but avoid things that place stress on the healing tissues.The three week recovery is important in achieving the best possible long lasting result. Sitting on your buttocks during the first or second week will likely prevent some fat graphs from taking, resulting in a less prominent buttocks which you could have had by not sitting.Ricardo L Rodriguez, MD
hope this helps

Updated on 14 Dec 2012:
Wish i had found this info b4 i ordered my lovely EXPENSIVE butt out garment...well imo wear it still in between the other...
I have seen a few sisters talking about "shots" that they give themselves, a board and foam, what exactly are they referring to? someone pls help...thanks much xoxoxo

Updated on 24 Dec 2012:
43 days to go!!!

Updated on 25 Dec 2012:
Just want to wish you all a very merry Christmas and prosperity in all your endeavors, also wanna say thanks to all the BBL sister who have helped me along my journey thus far by whether responding to questions, writing a review so we can learn from your experiences, dropping a word of advise or encouragement on my page or just reading my blog. I really couldn't have gotten this far without you all support, so THANKS A MIL! love u all. I really feel blessed having such a strong support system, knowing that u are ppl that i have never met, but yet still you all are so very caring and supportive. Im so happy i stumbled on this site when i did...best thing ever!! because this journey is nothing short of an emotional roller coaster, this minute excitement is oozing through my pore and the next im drowning in all sorts of fears....

I have realized that a lot of persons are having difficulty getting through to Dr J's office (myself included), i know this is very frustrating and annoying but we have reached this far so lets not allow that to get us down. I have planned to start calling from 8am Thursday morning and will continue until office closing hours so hopefully i will get through to someone. xoxoxo

Updated on 28 Dec 2012:
Different PS has different views on the best type of compression garment for post BBL, here are a few, read and make ur own conclusions...hope this helps

1. Butt-Covered Compression Garment Best following Fat Graft

Compression Garment Instructions and Purpose after Brazilian Butt Lift
The short answer is that your butt needs to be inside the compression garment to minimize swelling.
Most important is to follow your surgeon's advise. He/She has specific reasons for their recommendations. In general this is what I recommend to my patients - wear their garments for a minimum of 3 weeks full time then for 12 hrs (day or night). if not a lot of redundant skin following liposuction to a maximum of 6 weeks. To be effective the garment needs to fit snug but not too tight as to cause pressure problems (inspect your skin if discomfort and when skin is exposed), or prevent you from sleeping. As the edema resolves it is common for patients to switch to a smaller garment that fits - A Spanx type garment would work rather than ordering one or paying more at your doctor;'s office.
Following Liposuction and Fat transfer procedures used in the Brazilian butt lift, the compression garments are required for three main reasons:
It restricts the amount of edema that forms and hastens its resolution by mechanical pressure
It decreases the amount of bruising
It assists the loose skin in retracting or shrinking in the liposuction areas
The length of time that the garment is worn varies dependent on the amount of fat removed, the elastic nature of your skin, how much loose skin remains at the liposuction site or how much swelling from edema in the buttocks you have and other factors. Your surgeon would give you the best advise. However in general this is the routine for my patients.
The first garment should be fitted for you in the office prior to surgery and applied in the operating room. Often it will become loose as the edema is mobilized and then it will need to be replaced. Spanx is a reasonable compression garment if it gives enough support and is the right size. I have my patents bring them in and confirm that it fits well.
Most important advise is to listen to your surgeon's advice as he best knows how much fat was removed in the donor sites and transferred into the buttocks, and other factors mentioned above
Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS
Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

2.Compression
You should use what your surgeon wants you to use. Your surgeon has a way of doing things and the way that you wear compression garments should be in accord with him/her. I use tight garments that do cover the buttocks because that helps to reduce the swelling, the shape and the recovery.
John M. Anastasatos, MD

3. Were you happy with the before and after photos you saw before surgery?
Plastic Surgeons all have different ways of doing things. If you saw before and after photos of patients of the Plastic Surgeon you chose, and you were happy with the results that you saw, then I would trust your surgeons recommendations. Obviously, his techniques work for him.
Daniel P. Markmann, MD

4. Butt out
In my experience butt out is better, the way the fat stays is tiny little blood vessels grow into the fat, allot of compression may hinder this and you may loose more. I also recommend putting very little pressure on the buttocks for the first few weeks.
Michael Constantin Gartner, DO

5. Brazilian butt lift and postop garments

In my patients I use a smooth soft garment with no zipper or clips. I don't like a tight garment but I like the smooth garment. I think the garment does not have to be extremely tight to get a good result. And I think a garment may cause indentations in the skin and problems with the final result.

I think massage may even be more important than the garment. And my patience to do early massages have less pain and better results with more skin contraction. If your garment is making indentations in the skin and may be too tight and you may want talk to Dr. about this.
Wendell Perry, MD

6. Garments and Brazilian Butt Lifts
Garments are necessary for body contouring. It helps redrape the skin over your core. No garment should be excessively tight. It should support and not strangulate. Stage I and II garments are use to give different amounts of compression. Stage one giving more compression than Stage II. Your PS should be monitoring your response to your garments at your follow up appointments.
Earl Stephenson Jr., MD, DDS

7.Tight garments
In general, garments should be snug after liposuction but not after fat grafting. For this operation, since you've had both then a good combination is important. The garment you have looks great but sometimes I'll cut a hole out of the bottom from each side. It relieves the pressure in the area and allows more perfussion to your newly grafted areas. Hope this helps.
Ricardo A. Meade, MD

8. Garments should not harm the fat cells but sitting will
Provided your surgical garment is not too tight, it should not compromise the newly injected fat cells. Sitting on your buttock however in the first few weeks after surgery can certainly kill the fat cells and reduce the volume of surviving fat. It's important to avoid direct pressure on the buttock area by sleeping and sitting on your side and using pillows and/or cushions to reduce the pressure on the fat cells. Discuss this in more detail with your plastic surgeon if you have any further questions.
William Bruno, MD

9.should i wear Compression Garments after the Brazilian Butt Lift?
Some doctors recommend compression garments, some don't. I think that there are more that recommend them than there are that don't recommend them. The goal is to minimize swelling. I have performed this procedure for over 14 years and have always used compression garments for my patients. If they are kept smooth, they will not cut off circulation. Sitting on you butt places over 100lbs or more of pressure on your buttocks. Post surgical compression garments do not even place 10 lbs of pressure on your buttocks.
In my opinion, wear the garment, don't sit!
Daniel P. Markmann, MD

10. how long should i war my Compression garment following bbl
Following a Brazilian butt lift, compression garments are crucial for a smooth recovery and great results. I typically advice my patients to wear their garment 24/7 for 3 weeks then 12 hours a day for the next 3 weeks, followed by a phase 2 garment. Like spanx for another 3-6 weeks. Good luck!
Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS

10. Compression garment after liposuction
Compression garment may or may not be necessary after liposuction, depending on which area of the body liposuction was performed. If you are having your hip area liposuctioned for Brazillian buttock lift, then I would have you wear a compression garment for the hip area. If you are having your hip areas augmented with fat graft injection, then, I would not recommend wearing a compression garment at the hip hip/thigh region. Second stage compression garment to me means at least three to four weeks out, wearing a very light compression type of garment for support. What would be more important during your postoperative period would be gentle massages at the area of grafting and areas harvested, to help smooth out any possible lumps or bumps.
Kim-Chi Vu, MD

11. BBL Compression Garments
Liposuction and fat grafting are associated with swelling. To control the healing process, to reduce swelling and increase comfort we use surgical compression garments. Mild pressure on the buttocks splints them and reduces the shear which may interfere with the blood vessels reaching and nourishing the fat grafts. Several companies now produce surgical garments specifically built for use after BBL in which higher pressure is applied on the abdomen and lower back / hips than on the buttocks. Your surgeon can advise you what to do.

12.The right garments for a Brazilian butt lift
The Brazilian butt lift is a beautiful and effective way to create a wonderful curvy shape and a full round bottom. This procedure can provide challenges to traditional liposuction garments. Liposuction garments should put pressure on areas where fat has been removed and should avoid pressure on areas where fat has been added. Most liposuction garments do not perform both of these actions at the same time. For this reason, we provide our patients with a choice of multiple garments that we have had specially designed as well as custom inserts that will provide extra compression in specific areas for each individual patient.
Peter A. Aldea, MD

13. Avoid any tight garments on the fat grafted area
Yes, any un-necessary pressure on the area that was injected with fat is unwanted. If I use any garments, I cut out a hole over the buttocks to avoid pressure. Take any scissors and simply cut out a hole in your garment to take the pressure off Sincerely, Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

14.Should a Board or Plate Be Worn Under Compression Garment After Brazilian Butt Lift?
Hi! I have been reading in a few of the ladies reviews that they wear some type of board of plate under their garment after the surgery. Is this necessary? If so, for what purpose and where would I purchase it?
Doctor Answers (1)
Only need to wear a garment after brazilian buttock lift
There is no need for any plates or boards to worn under your garments after a fat transfer to the buttock (Brazilian buttock lift). In fact, such a hard material could actually harm the fat cells. Discuss this in detail with your board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes, Dr.Bruno
William Bruno, MD

15. Best garment after BBL butt out or butt in
Another good question...the answer is...it depends.
yes, a tight garment will compress the swelling, but too tight and it might restrict blood flow and fat survival.
I have switched between open gluteal garments (big holes for the but to stick out) to closed garments that have lighter compression in the butt area. Tara's garments in Miami makes excellent custom made ones.
hope this helps,
Michael Salzhauer, MD

16.
Square Booties After BBL. Is This Because of the Hole in Most Compression Garments?

After doing some research, I have noticed that some patients who received the Brazilian Butt Lift have a square shaped booty (view from the back) once the fat settles in. Some women have said in their stories that the fat settled down in the opening at the bottom of the garment. Is this a result of the large hole (pee hole) in the bottom of the garment?? and if so what garment would be best to keep the butt round instead of that square look from the back???
Doctor Answers (1)
The squaring phenomenon that you refer to is more likely due to the inability of the buttock skin over the apex or most projecting part of the buttock to stretch out. Additionally, if you look closely at before photographs of these "square" buttock patients, often you will see a pre-existing flattening over the most central portion of their buttocks. This is precisely why many of these patients are coming in in the first place; to fix their flattening. The reality is that this pre-existing flattened skin is very, very difficult to expand by injecting fat beneath it. I usually will bring this condition to the attention of my patients, if I believe it to be significant, and inform them that they may not get the full rounding and projection that they expect. Sometimes a second stage of fat injection is needed after the central buttock skin has stretched to its new projection and relaxed. It is my opinion that the garment type has very little impact on final buttock shape. However, when I do apply a garment after a BBL I cut holes in the garment directly over the center of each cheek to help allow the skin to stretch. Good Luck!

PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE FOR BETTER RESULTS AND...

PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE FOR BETTER RESULTS AND HEALING

hope this helps

List of items so here u go: Pillow roll with...

list of items so here u go:
Pillow roll with yoga mat, cotton swabs, pill organizer(twice a day), peroxide, germ-x, soap dish, toothpaste, mouthwash,gauze & gauze tape, soap, cocoa butter firming lotion, toothbrush, trash bags, baby wipes( for #2),razors, suction hooks, alcohol swabs, Lysol wipes, Clorox anywhere( for shower& sinks) empty powerade bottle for syringes, female urinal, fleet laxative, arnica gel and tablets, bromelain, vitamin b w/c complex, emergen-c, omega swirl mango/peach fish oil to go( its sooooooo good) thermometer, carry bag and tide pods for washing. Also lap top, iPod and food & water.

I KEEP SEEING "CATHETER REMOVED" ... DID EVERYONE...

I KEEP SEEING "CATHETER REMOVED" ... DID EVERYONE HER WHO IS POST OP HAVE A CATHETER FOR SURGERY?

Please... CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND RESULTS FROM...

please... CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND RESULTS FROM CAMPOS and YILY for over 1 year post-op??

ONLY BOOK CLUB MED...tijuana book only club med

ONLY BOOK CLUB MED...tijuana
book only club med

Any know if Yily and Campos spin and process their...

any know if Yily and Campos spin and process their fat as they do here in the states?

ANYONE HAVE LINKS TO YILY RESULTS OVER 1 YEAR POST?

Where is the best or cheapest place to order the...

where is the best or cheapest place to order the new fajate disenos d'prada garment #10172 ??? (SEE LAST PIC)

THIS IS NOT MY POST.... I'M JUST TAKING NOTES...

THIS IS NOT MY POST.... I'M JUST TAKING NOTES (excellent info from post-op members)

************** They are very clear on it. I would suggest taking Bromelain (Pineapple Extract and Arnica) in advance because it really speeds your healing. I swear by it.
Sleeping-
I bought a side sleeper pillow and a triangle pillow to accommodate me while sleeping. I also bought a female urinal (I WOULD NOT OF MADE IT WITHOUT IT). Lying in bed all day is going to be tough. Not being able to lie on my back to watch TV or in general was a big inconvenience. But you must remind yourself that it is worth it! Temporary setback! If you don’t get hips (I did not), you should be able to pull through. If you get your hips done, just know that you cannot lie on your side!
Hygiene-
The pharmacy did not have one but ordered one for me and was probably the best 21 dollar investment of all times. I also purchased a raised toilet seat! Yes! So that you don’t have to bend down so far to use the toilet and it made is less hard to stand up afterwards. In the first 3-5 days after surgery, I would often line my garment with paper towels on the sides to use the toilet because I hated taking it off due to the extreme sensitivity. I also purchased disposable washcloths, the kind that you use for the elderly, to bathe with in the first days that I could not take a shower. THANK THE LORD FOR THEM!
I also purchased a saline wound wash along with several gauze pads, plastic gloves, triple antibiotic ointment, baby wipes, and peroxide. Make sure you keep those wounds clean and sterile at ALL times. You don’t want an infection.
I wouldn’t really recommend purchasing two garments to rotate out of at first since they cost a lot and it is actually good to come out of your garment for at least an hour a day. What I did was take it off, wash it in the machine on delicate with soap that had no additives and was for sensitive skin.
Then I put it in the dryer on low to prevent shrinkage and put it back on.
Pain-
. You will be extremely sensitive where your lipo was done. My butt didn’t really hurt back then but it feels like two big a$$ bricks are attached to your back!
I didn’t want to touch it at all and even though I had people to help me 24/7 for 7 days, I didn’t want anyone including myself to touch my darn stomach! You NEED the help! Do not try to sell yourself short and do this alone. Imagine if you fell? You would have a hard time getting help. Real talk… Don’t go without help for at least the first 4 days.
Also, I ended up putting all of the food or things that I needed up high because I COULD NOT bend down. No… No putting stuff in the oven or going under your sink. Dropping something on the floor was dreadful because I would have to get on my knees to get close to the floor.
I bought a FAJA that I kept in the freezer that wrapped around my stomach and back every chance that I could. This REALLY helped with the swelling and felt great as well. It cost me $50 but it was worth it.
Also… Let me help you ladies with the issue of constipation and you let me know how wonderful this is. Dr. Jimerson gives you Colace which is a stool softener. That is not a laxative and miralax did not work for me. What works is WARM PRUNE JUICE!! I promise. Just take about 6 ounces and microwave it. Drink that and you will be on your happy way within an hour.
Clothing-
I STILL have not worn jeans and I had my surgery almost 5 months ago. Go shopping for new clothes after surgery? I wouldn’t recommend it. Your size is going to shrink as the months go by. I bought a couple of sundresses and by week 4 I bought a few of those jeggings and leggings. I am too scared to squeeze into jeans. I mean, I had to throw away a lot of my jeans because I finally have a butt!
Shrinkage-
Ok… So it shrinks… Don’t fall in love with your week one size! By week three… It will start to take shape. I have been the same size since week 3 and I am not mad. I mean, I don’t want it to get smaller but it could at this point. You be the judge.
Sitting-
I still don’t sit. LOL…I mean I did start driving at week 3 with a boppy pillow and neck roll pillow to keep myself suspended but it is kinda dangerous. LOL. I keep a neck roll pillow with me most of the time and I naturally sit on my thighs now. I cannot sit on a hard chair yet. IT HURTS! I mean it feels like two water bags are about to bust. My butt has actually been hurting me for the past 3 weeks. I feel like I have a Charlie horse on the side of each cheek. I mean, it’s bearable. I don’t feel the need to take Tylenol or medicine for it, it is just uncomfortable. Paranoia brought me into see Jimerson but everything is fine. It’s still new. It was major surgery. I’ve never knew how it feels to sit on a butt! And it’s going to take a while for my body to adjust.
I do go out with friends but I just kinda prefer to sit on stools or where there is cushioning and have learned to sit with a leg crossed under me to keep me elevated. It really works out.
Scarring-
If you find that a stich is kind of just hanging on… CUT IT OFF! (With your doctor’s permission of course.) I had 2 that kinda were pushed out and were just on the top of my skin and they weren’t dissolving. It’s those 2 that left the worst scars. So pay attention to that.

Bruising-
ARNICA! ARNICA! ARNICA! Take it! I don’t think that I had but one bruise. That stuff works!

Also… Practice pushups prior to your surgery. You will have no abdominal strength at all… You will have to push yourself up out of bed with no tummy muscles. Its hard…
I still wear my garment most of the time.. In the house, to sleep.. Outside I wear my vest and some days nowadays, I don’t wear anything. They say you get the best results from 6 months of wearing it.

Which BUTT OUT GARMENTS IS IT JIMERSON...

which BUTT OUT GARMENTS IS IT JIMERSON USES?

for those who use a Marena garment, is the compression enough? (I understand they are suppose to be comfortable, but the faja is suppose to be the best compression??

More copied notes.... This is what I have to...

more copied notes....

This is what I have to help those wondering what to take on their surgery:

*Feminine Wipes
*Antibacterial soap
*Tylenol pain cream
*Arnica Cream - For bruising
*Bromelain Pills - For swelling

Epifoam - For inside of your garment to smooth. I didn't buy this, I got it from my job. I know if you google it you will find some sites that sell it, sorry ladies
*Boppy pillow - Donut pillow with hole in the middle to stay off the butt when you're sitting since you can't sit on your behind for a while. Got it off Craigslist for $10 :) Pretty cheap
*Tape Measure - To keep progress of ur amazing new measurements ;)
*Extra strength Tylenol 500 mg - Anything like ibuprofen, Aleve, and some other pain meds are bad for you since they can cause more bruising and bleeding
*Thigh High compression socks - Known to reduce embolisms, especially on the plane ride back
*Hibiclens - Anti "microbial" skin soap, comes in liquid form. Really good for using BEFORE your surgery. Not meant to be used as reg soap since it is very harsh on the skin and can cause irritation if used for a prolonged period of time
*Maxi Pads - Recommended for inside your garment to smooth any creasing to not leave permanent lines or dents after lipo since you fat is very moldable and like jello lol
*Funnel - To pee so you dont have to take the garment off and can pee through the hole at the bottom using the funnel
*Stool Softener - I hear after anesthesia its hard to have a proper "bowel movement" lol
*Chux - They look like the doggie pads they use to pee when they're being potty trained, they're white with blue lining absorbent pads. To help catch any leakage/draining the first few days. A former patient of Yily also told me to use them under your garment to not get burned by the compression garment. Sometimes it causes your skin to become very sensitive and become irritated and scab up, def don't want that

I also purchased the Vitamedica Surgery program supplement, waiting for it in the mail. Its a supplement that enhances and promotes healing since it has tons of essential vitamins and minerals needed for healing that may not be gained through diet alone. It has good reviews and people who have taken it say it has helped them so why not lol. I don't want to feel like poop or be in pain and discomfort forever. I want to bounce back soon and do everything I can to take care of myself properly. Its all about the post op care ladies!

http://www.recoveryelements.com/clinicalsupportforsurgeryprogram.aspx - There is one that's $60 and $100. One seems more complete, it has the details on the site

I need to buy wife beaters for inside the compression garment to prevent irritation too, My mom had a tummy tuck and lipo and wearing the type of garment they give you in DR (Thick material + really tight) irritated her skin a lot. I also need large granny panties for my huge butt, and a few minor things but i am SET!

FOR THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO PICK UP WEIGHT .....

FOR THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO PICK UP WEIGHT

....EAT LARGE MEALS CLOSE TO BED TIME AND GO TO SLEEP! THE MORE YOU EAT AND SLEEP RIGHT AFTER, THE FATTER YOU WILL BECOME!

lmao, trust and believe some of us do this "unintentionally" ;-0
(for those struggling to gain, eating breads, french fries and sleeping after will nip that in the bud!)

I KEEP HEARING HOW TALL AND BEAUTIFUL YILY IS IN...

I KEEP HEARING HOW TALL AND BEAUTIFUL YILY IS IN PERSON WITH A HUUUUUUUUUGE BUTT!

ANYONE CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO ASK IF SHE'S HAD A BBL? *** IF SO, ASK WHO PERFORMED HER PROCEDURE***

ASK YIRA (about yily)?

REALLY POOR REVIEWS FOR SPIRIT (AIRLINES)... if at...

REALLY POOR REVIEWS FOR SPIRIT (AIRLINES)... if at all possible consider alternate (JETBLUE)

Crocs* CROCS* crocs* CROCS* crocs* CROCS*...

crocs* CROCS* crocs* CROCS* crocs* CROCS* crocs*
GLOVES**
disposable LAB COAT (for first 24hrs bleeding)
sterile chux if i can , not sure about the lipo foam sheets (docs disagree on the affect).... NOT SURE if epifoam is in a spray can? is it better? such confusion

ass in? ass out garments??? .... such confusion, seeing differing results from these garments (again, surgeons seem to disagree on the matter-- many say enclosed garments compromise cells, losing fat grafts... others say ass out garments create blow flow rushing towards the buttocks

cheap gowns, maxi dresses, old new whatever, just huge for first week
cheap grannie panties -- super large, cut slit in crotch for urinal
white wash cloths

Abdominal board... found them on ebay (type in...

abdominal board... found them on ebay (type in abdominal board in ebay search bar)

Help... help...help!! anyone have ANY LINKS...

help... help...help!!

anyone have ANY LINKS OR NAMES TO POST-OP BUTT PICTURES ON PATIENTS OVER 1 YEAR POST-OP: on Campos, Salzheur, Azurin, YILY, Jimerson, Salama patients????

? TOP Three Weeks Before Surgery IMPORTANT:...

Three Weeks Before Surgery
IMPORTANT: Smoking causes severe complications!
Stop drinking!

There should be no alcohol consumption for a minimum of 2-3 weeks prior to your procedure. Alcohol causes increased bleeding, increases the chances of infection, depresses immune functions and may interfere with wound healing.
? TOP

Make a list of all medications! (Over-the-counter and prescribed)

• Your patient counselor must have a complete list of all medications that you take, either over-the- counter (including supplements and vitamins) or prescribed, before your upcoming procedure.

• Many medications interfere with the clotting process of blood and it is crucial that we know everything that you are currently taking or may take in the near future.

• You will be instructed by your patient counselor to temporarily discontinue certain medications in the weeks ahead.
Check your refrigerator!

It is important that you maintain a healthy diet including many fruits and vegetables. However, there are certain foods which naturally contain salicylates, which affect the blood, and should be kept to a minimum for two weeks before and two weeks after surgery. Cutting down on these foods will help reduce bruising after surgery. Now is the time to clean out your refrigerator and adjust your shopping lists for the weeks ahead.

**************** Foods containing salicylates that should be kept to a minimum for two weeks before and two weeks after surgery:
Almonds Cherries Grapefruit Limes Peaches Raisins
Apricots Cucumber Grapes Nectarines Plums Tomatoes
Berries (all) Currants Lemons Oranges Prunes Vinegar*************

Two Weeks Before Surgery

Stop 2 weeks BEFORE until 2 weeks AFTER surgery:
• All Aspirin and Ibuprofen products including the drugs listed on the enclosed insert.
• All anti-inflammatory drugs used for arthritis. (Please consult your physician prior to discontinuing).
• All anti-coagulants
• Vitamin E taken internally*******
• If a medication is in question, call our office nurse.
THESE PRODUCTS MAY CAUSE EXCESSIVE BLEEDING!
START 2 weeks BEFORE until 2 weeks AFTER surgery (Strongly Recommended)

• Take a Multivitamin tablet daily. Most multivitamins contain some form of vitamin E, however this is acceptable to take prior to surgery. We do ask that you refrain from taking additional vitamin E.
• Take Vitamin A - 8,000-10,000 units, twice a day. This has well-documented beneficial effects on surgical healing and will also fuel your immune system.
• Take Vitamin C - 1,000 mg., twice a day. This is essential for collagen synthesis, which is part of normal wound healing. Your need for Vitamin C will increase after surgery.
• Take Bromelain - 1,000 mg., twice a day. (Pineapple enzyme - from a health food store) This helps to relieve the swelling associated with surgery.

For Liposuction patients only:
************Begin taking Slow Fe********* (non-prescription iron supplement) once daily.
One Week Before Surgery

BEGIN A LOW SODIUM DIET: (1 week BEFORE until 2 weeks AFTER procedure):
*****************Limit sodium intake to 1200-1500 mg. daily. Limiting sodium will help you have less swelling and discomfort and allow you to heal faster after surgery.****************

GET PROPER NUTRITION AND REST: (1 week BEFORE until 2 weeks AFTER procedure):

*********Avoid white carbohydrates such as bread, bagels, rice, potatoes, pasta and sweets**********

• Eat healthy, regular meals.
• Eat 2 fruits and 3 green vegetables daily.
• Eat a small amount of protein at each meal.

IMPORTANT! Your diet can aid healing remarkably and reduce swelling and pain!

***********GET ALL PRESCRIPTIONS FILLED********

BUY SURGICAL GARMENT :
• You will be instructed by your patient counselor where to purchase the garment.
• Your garment may need to be altered to fit and you must have it for the day of surgery.

3 Days Before Surgery

• Wash the operative area with your normal soap or cleanser once daily for three days prior to surgery.
FOR BREAST SURGERY: Do not shave under arms for 3 days prior to surgery as it may increase your chance of infection.

*********2 Days Before Surgery************
YOU MAY BEGIN TAKING ARNICA MONTANA
• Take every 8 hours as directed and continue for 10 days.
• Continue taking ***Bromelain*** as directed every 12 hours between meals. This anti-inflammatory promotes healing. As an alternative, eat fresh pineapple.
The Night Before Surgery

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! If you are having I.V. Sedation or General Anesthesia:
NOTHING to eat or drink after 12 Midnight the night prior to your procedure.
SAFETY ALERT: Failure to comply increases anesthesia risk and may cause cancellation of your surgery!

FOR FACIAL SURGERY:
• Wash and condition your hair as usual the night before surgery.
• Do not use mousse, gel, or hair spray.

IMPORTANT! FOLLOWING I.V. SEDATION OR GENERAL ANESTHESIA:
Make arrangements prior to the day of surgery for someone else to drive you home and stay with you for at least 24 hours after surgery!!
The Day of Surgery

GETTING READY:
• You may brush your teeth and rinse with mouthwash. Do not swallow any liquids.
• Do not use breath mints or chewing gum.
• Do not apply makeup, deodorant, lotions, fingernail polish, hairpins or moisturizer.
• Do not wear jewelry or valuables.
• Do not wear contacts. Bring a case for glasses.
• Wear loose-fitting clothing: a button up front shirt, elastic waist pants and slip-on shoes. No jeans or jumpsuits.

• Bring surgical garment (to be worn after surgery)
• You will need a ride to and from the office for the procedure (no Taxi).

********** REPEATING FOR...

See Videos:
A Conversation
With Dr. Lopes
Preparing for Surgery

Dr. Lopes and the staff at the Cosmetic Surgery Center have compiled the information below to help you prepare for your surgery. In addition to following these important instructions, please see also Drugs To Avoid.

You will also receive this same information in your patient guide.

Three weeks before surgery
The night before surgery
The day of surgery
After your surgery

Three Weeks Before Surgery

Stop smoking! In some cases, we may ask you to stop sooner. Smoking can interfere with healing by constricting and decreasing blood flow all over the body which may prevent the wound from healing properly. Do not resume smoking after surgery until you are given permission by Dr. Lopes.

IMPORTANT: Smoking causes severe complications!
Stop drinking!

? TOP
Make a list of all medications! (Over-the-counter and prescribed)

Check your refrigerator!

Almonds Cherries Grapefruit Limes Peaches Raisins
Apricots Cucumber Grapes Nectarines Plums Tomatoes
Berries (all) Currants Lemons Oranges Prunes Vinegar

Two Weeks Before Surgery

Stop 2 weeks BEFORE until 2 weeks AFTER surgery:
• All anti-coagulants
• Vitamin E taken internally
• If a medication is in question, call our office nurse.
THESE PRODUCTS MAY CAUSE EXCESSIVE BLEEDING!
START 2 weeks BEFORE until 2 weeks AFTER surgery (Strongly Recommended)

For Liposuction patients only:
• Begin taking Slow Fe (non-prescription iron supplement) once daily.

Anyone ever use maxi pads or chux instead of epi...

anyone ever use maxi pads or chux instead of epi foam UNDER THEIR COMPRESSION GARMENTS? DOES IT WORK BETTER?

LADIES.... for those traveling to Dominican...

LADIES.... for those traveling to Dominican Republic the stories are getting worse and worse pertaining to receiving absolutely little to now care, rudeness, ambivalence, and disregard for your needs during the critical days

LET'S BE SMART ABOUT THIS... IF WE FIND A CONDO WITH AT LEAST 2 -3 ROOMS (2 GIRLS TO A ROOM) *****IN A VERY SAFE AREA***** WE CAN CONTINUOUSLY RENT THIS SPACE AND HIRE A GREAT NURSE & MASSEUSE TO MAKE HOUSE CALLS DAILY

THAT WAY WE GET A DEAL ON THE PRICE POINTS, HIRE SOMEONE TO BRING IN MEALS (HELL JUST GIVE ME LOW SODIUM SOUP AND CRACKERS, I'M GOOD).... hire someone to come in and give lymphatic massages daily, and a nurse 24 hours for the duration

this person can be a nurse's aid or a sitter just someone with experience caring for people for at least 10 years

any suggestions?

I recommend Comfortweave compression garments with...

I recommend Comfortweave compression garments with Epifoam

We have done studies on compression garments after liposuction and we have fought that they are quite helpful. I think that there is more rapid recovery from the swelling, bruising, edema with compression garments after liposuction. That being said all compression garments are not equal; there are different types of fabric weaves that can make a difference.

We prefer Comfortweave garments such as those made by Marena as opposed to most traditional liposuction garments that utilize a Powernet weave. We have found the Marena garments are cooler, they are easier to get on and off, they are more comfortable, and have reduced pain and itching when compared to the traditional garments. We scientifically studied these garments head to head and presented this work recently at the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery national meeting in 2009.

Also it is important that the garments are properly sized in each patient. If they are extremely uncomfortable, then either they are too tight and you need the next size, or it could be that that particular garment has a seam or edge that is putting extra pressure in the area that "needs to be compressed" after liposuction. When you have a banana roll liposuction just below the lower buttock crease, this is a very sensitive area. Any time I am really focally targeting a specific area like that, I use epifoam (silicone based foam) and lay this directly over the area and the garment goes on top of this. This "targets" the area of compression and is also a bit more comfortable.

I have my patients wear the initial compression garments 24 hours a day (except showering) for 3 weeks and then at night only for the next 3 weeks. In addition, it's extremely important to commence post lymphatic massage to the areas of liposuction after the initial 2 weeks to minimize scar tissue and depression lines that can be created by just compressing and not having a proper massage program as well.

I hope this helps!

Share via Email

James F. Boynton, MD
James F. Boynton, MD
14 reviews
Houston Plastic Surgeon

www.BoyntonPlasticSurgery.com

I honestly would like to start a list for everyone...

I honestly would like to start a list for everyone who's going to Santo Domingo so each trip won't be such a chase... an all recovery inclusive everything list that I can email to everyone needed...(including contacts & pricing...etc)

LADIES anyone have names & contacts for who offers the BEST POST-OP MASSAGE IN Santo Domingo?

DO THE HIPS LOOK NATURAL TO YOU (FOR THOSE WHO...

DO THE HIPS LOOK NATURAL TO YOU (FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HAD HIPS ADDED?)

WHAT'S THE BEST THING TO INSERT INTO THE BELLY...

WHAT'S THE BEST THING TO INSERT INTO THE BELLY BUTTON TO ENSURE THAT IT LOOKS NATURAL?

I see so much projection and size in the results anyone know who does the BEST OVERALL SHAPED BUTT? but if the patient DOES NOT WANT A LARGE AMOUNT OF PROJECTION? a small bundle of perfection??? does any of these docs deliver a SMALL WAIST and a MEDIUM/LARGE butt? prune juice... lots of *WARM* prune juice (yucky) not sure, still researching vitamins