NOT WORTH IT WITH DR, TUROK!! BEWARE!!!

Hello everyone! I am journaling my transformation...

Hello everyone! I am journaling my transformation and am pleased to do so. I had a tummy tuck & breast implants in December of 2009. It went well and realized that I still had to work out. So I was working out 7 days a week and had a personal trainer. I looked good, but not like I totally expected..my body fat was still 30%...ugh!

I was promoted in February of 2011 and my work schedule has me extremely busy from AM to PM, so working out was kicked to the curb. However, I started to realize that with all that working out, I still did not lose my ugly body fat! This was a good eye opener for me.

Recently I started to do research on Smartlipo and decided that this will make total sense for me. I was a chubby little girl when I was young, so its time to get rid of the fat cells that I produced when I was that chubby little girl.

I will be going through 3 different phases of smart lipo body transformation (as I am calling it). The first one will take place on July 7, 2011 for my posterior hips, flanks upper and lower abs and pubic area. The 2nd operation will be on August 25 for the inner and outer thighs and bra pad area. Then the 3rd in October for my arms (yes!! my arms, I have those heredity flabby arms ~ cause even when I was working out hard, that fat would not go away!!).

I am very excited to see this progression. I love my body, don't get me wrong, I love the shape and skin tone with the skin elasticity. However, the layer of fat of which I produced while I was a youth has got to go so I can feel comfortable in my own skin!

I will be going to Cancun in December and how cool will it be with less body fat and more of an awesome figure! I am latin, so the latin curves will truly come out. :)

I will let you know how each phase goes, plus this helps me to share with all of you as I am keeping this a secret from those around me.

Talk with you later and if you have any encouraging words...I would appreciate it that as well.

Ciao!

I went to the Doctor yesterday for blood work....

I went to the Doctor yesterday for blood work. Went over all Pre-op & post op instructions, received my body soap to shower with a day before & day of surgery. Talked about transportation the day of surgery. I decided I will stay at a hotel locally so, I can rest & not be tempted to do things around the house. I have a very good friend who will be staying with me for 24 hours & care for me after the surgery.

The doctors office will also be ordering my compression garment, so I got measured for that as well.

I must say that this office & procedure is very well organized & I feel that I am getting better treatment than I did from my first cosmetic surgeon's office.

Getting very excited!!

Hi everyone!! Well I had my inner and outer...

Hi everyone!!

Well I had my inner and outer thighs done in August and just got my arms, upper bra and axilus lipo. I am so pleased with the results of my flanks, abs, lower back, outer & thighs. Still not seeing the full results from the inner thighs, but I will give it a full 6 months before making final assessment.

I am so excited about having my arms done, this was such a hard area for me to get any results with exercising. I had firm muscles underneath all the fat. So I am happy I finally got this done.

Today is day 3 since I have had the cool lipo done, I am very swollen, however, I know the drill, it will be sometime before I get the any results, so I am glad I got it done in October...long sleeves are in for now!

I am hoping to post pictures for all of you soon of all the areas I had done....

I am very, very happy with all the cool lipo I had...

I am very, very happy with all the cool lipo I had done. First off, I must say that you have to be sure your going with the right doctor AND staff. This is important because you want to be in the right hands during the procedures, but also in the right hand after the procedure with the staff & follow up treatments.

As you heal, you will swell, so taking good care of yourself with you diet & drinking plenty of water is imperative.

As time goes by, you will see your results, the swelling goes down & your body begins to take it's shape! I love how it's all turning out!

The doctor told me to give each procedure 6 months before deciding on whether I'd like to get anything touched up. So far so good. The only thing I see thus far are my inner thighs, but I will be patient.

Loving it all so far!!! No regrets!!!

2 Years later, I went to a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC...

2 Years later, I went to a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON because I have ripples on my abdomen & wanted to see why as well as understand why my so called "swelling did not go down on my back". He told me that the ripple was scar tissue from my SmartLipo where I was burned. He also informed me that SMARTLIPO is for DUMB DOCTORS! Dr. Turok is an Opthamologist AND IS NOT A BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON!! I now will have to have corrective Liposuction with a BOARD CERTIFIED Plastic Surgeon!!

Got my Lipo correction done by Dr. Newall, a board certified plastic surgeon!

Just got my Lipo redone as well as an arm lift and buccal fat removal on Friday & today is day 2 at home. A bit sore and still draining, I'm getting up and walking around, and resting.

I'm looking forward to my results.
I'll keep you posted.
Dr. Turok

Dr. Turok & his staff were fabulous! Everyone was very compassionate & explained everything that was happening along the way at each separate procedure. Protocol is extremely important to them to be sure there is consistency & safety for the patient. The fact that you also get Zerona treatments with each procedure is incredible for the price of the cool lipo surgery along with the Zerona treatments. I've had a tummy tuck & breast implants from another cosmetic surgeon & Dr. Turok far out exceeds all expectations! Thank you Dr. Turok & staff!!!

Hi everyone!!

Thank you for your update! Sorry to hear about your discomfort. It does get better, be sure to go in for the lymphatic message as well as well as the Zerona treatments.

Thank you for re-affirming that I have to get ready for my thighs. I am so happy with my abs, back & flank results that I excited about getting my inner & outer thighs.

Are you feeling the same kind of hardness in your thighness as you do in your flanks? Anything awarkd with your thighs at all?

Thanks!
I was so swollen and hard today I needed to wear an old dress with no waist line. You could sit a cup on my flanks they are so indented and hard as a rock. I had a Zerona treatment and I soften a little bit. Get your under control if you want him to sculpt those thighs and suck all that fat out. I don't know how others say they fell no pain at all I'm not one of them but I look great so I guess I can do a couple of minutes of pain.
Hey there! I am so happy to here that your doing well! Yes, I total agree about the results outweighing the pain. I'm really trying to get my mind ready to tolerate the procedure as I want s lot of the fat to be extracted from my inner & outer thighs.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Hey girl, I'm doing fine thighs hurt or itch I guess but as you know I'm quite swollen and also can't wait for this part to be over. I relaxed for about two days and was right back up. I had some old scar tissue where my dogs ears were and that was quite trying when he broke that down to suck out the fat but other than that it was ok. I don't like the numbing process it dose hurt me but it's a small price to pay for the way I look just after one week.
My flanks are very tender but look very good even swollen. I give you a call befor your 16 date.
August 16th is the big day!! I get my inner & outer thighs done!! I am so looking forward to it, cannot wait!

I'm doing well from my previous procedures....so worth it!
That's exciting! My friends & loved ones are very against this and think it is dangerous. I have struggled with these thighs for so long. Keep us posted on your next lipo!
Yes, absolutely there is a huge difference, my skirts fit very nicely around my waist & I have a waist now as I was a bit "boxy" looking from my tummy tuck that I had done in December of 2009.

I love my results so far! I cannot wait to get my legs done cause now that I have done this, my butt & legs look even bigger.

Wearing your compression garment will be the key to helping with the swelling & continue to assist with the conturing of your body.

I cant workout as much as I use to & I sit for the majority of my work, so having my body contured & having the fat taken out is so worth the temporary discomfort & money for sure. Any amount of working out would not have resulted in my new contured shape thus far.
Thank you for responding. Can you measure any changes yet in inches on what you've had done? I am very fit but my thighs will not budge! Exercise only makes them larger making me more disproportionate! This will be a big investment for me so I am doing a lot of research.
Hi! I have not had my thighs done yet, that's on August 16th, I moved the date to a later one to give myself some time to heal.

I'm feeling better everyday. Im still pretty swollen in my flanks & posterior hips, I am so looking forward to the day all this swelling goes down!
How are you feeling? Did you notice much difference in your thigh size yet? Hope all goes well with new procedure!!
Yes it does & I had to go right back to work the very next day, so no real recovery time. I do highly recommend taking a few days off after the procedure so you can rest & begin healing.

Thanks for the updates, Hola. Glad to hear you're doing better. Those first few days post-op really take it out of you.

What a difference time makes! Everyday I am feeling better & the compassion garment is a must! I put a very thin t-shirt underneath it as the side zippers were rubbing into my side incisions...ouch!
My Phase 2 undergarment was just ordered & that does not have side zippers.

I scheduled by next surgery, inner & out thighs...cannot wait! I'm having that done later this summer to give myself time to heal.
Today was day 2 post op & I don't like this compression garment & binder that I have to wear, it feels like it's digging into my sides. I cannot wait to be past this phase...ugh!
Hello! Today was day #1 after my major area of surgery with cool lipo of the flanks, posterior hips, bra pads & back. I had to work a full day today & a long day:(. I'm exhausted. I am so glad I was in doors all day, however, it was hot & humid out....yuck! On top of that, add the full body compression & binder you have to wear under the pant suit...not the best combination in such hot/humid weather!!!!

I stopped by Walmart this evening & bought 2 pairs of larger size pants, so I can at least feel comfortable in my business clothes & I'll donate them to charity when I no longer need them.

I didn't feel so great today:( however, I do have to cut myself some slack, I had my surgery yesterday & back in full force at work today. Rest is the key to healing, so I'm going to sleep now....

I'll keep you posted as I recover!

P. S. I'm scheduled to have my inner & outer thighs done on July 25th. I may end up waiting until later in the year so I can let all this heal before I have more work done...what are your thoughts...anyone?
Hello! I got my flanks, bra pads, posterior hips done today! I really appreciate my doctors office, everyone is very kind and thorough with taking care of me.

I'm resting & I don't have a lot of pain. I'm drinking alot of water & I plan in walking on the treadmill in the morning. I have to go to work tomorrow. So I'm praying that I'll have minimal pain & plenty energy. I will be taking my extra strength tylenol with me.

I'm so happy that I got this done & can't wait to how my body progresses as it heals. Great things ahead!

Keep you up to date!
Today went very well & I had slight discomfort. I went back to the Doctor's office & had my Zerona treatment then went home. I clean a little, did a little laundry, went to the store & took naps throughout the day. I'm drinking a lot of water & lots of water.

I am looking forward to Sunday to finish the rest...upper & lower back, flanks & posterior hips.

I'll keep you all posted! :)
Hi! Actually it went ok for the first part. The doctor did my upper & lower abdomen, then happened to the machine & they discovered that it has to be repaired. So it's going to get repaired on Friday then I am going back on Sunday to have my back, flanks, & posterior hips completed.

The staff was absolutely wonderful & the Dr. was fabulous. I am going back today for my checkup on my abdomen & my Zerona treatment.

I am fine with what occured & now I know
what to except on Sunday.

I'll keep you posted!
Hope your surgery went well :)
Oh my goodness!! 1 full day away from my big day!!! Can't wait...I'm so looking forward to my procedure!

Good luck next week!

Thank you Sharon! I can't wait & the 7th can't get here quick enough! RealSelf has really help me with the procedure & what to expect.

Thank you for the encouragement!

Irma
Good luck :) its right around the corner! I'm on day 4 of recovery and its going well. I hope you have wonderful results!
Are you getting zeltique? Where they freeze your fat to kill it or are you getting something else? I did zeltique last year and loved my initial results but a month later they were gone and the sin sagged and looked 10times worse and I wound up doing the lipo (after paying 2k on zeltique) I went to Chicago to get it done .biggest waste of money ever. So if that is what your doing, not trying to discourage you, I suggest you spend your money on traditional or actual smart lipo with the laser and suction. Speaking from experience :(