4 days post op..recovering! Eager to see final results

I have been researching this procedure for a while...

I have been researching this procedure for a while now, and I can't believe my surgery date is coming up so soon. I am feeling pretty relaxed but anxious at the same time! At this point all I can envision is myself finally being able to wear a bikini and yoga pants. I am excited for my pants to actually fit right!!

Thanks to Real Self, I found my doctor. He is very personable and seemed to be very knowledgable about this procedure. He tells me that using vaser liposuction instead of traditional liposuction is what sets him apart from other doctors who perform this procedure. I am 5 ft 4 and about 130 pounds (still trying to gain weight). He estimates taking out about 400 cc's in each cheek. I hope that will be enough! Are there any ladies out here with a similar frame that has gotten injected 400 cc's? Are you satisfied with your results?

Sigh…in exactly one week, I will be in surgery....

Sigh…in exactly one week, I will be in surgery. Unreal! I am debating on whether or not I should stay at the hospital over night or save my $250 and just go home. I heard that the recovery period may be shorter because my PS will be using the vaser liposuction (less intrusive and uses sound waves to break up fat and liquify it). If you girls had a choice, would you stay the night at the hospital? I guess it would be nice to have nurses take care of me and give me stronger medication if needed. Also, I am making a list of the things I will need before/after surgery and of course during my recovery time. Have you gals made a list yet?
My list (from what I can remember on the top of my head):
Healthy foods/lots of liquids
donut pillow
medications
antibacterial wipes/soap
P EZ female urinal

I spoke to a girl who went to the same PS as I am going to and she told me her recovery period was easy and did not need many supplies other than her garment.

3 more days until my big day!! Today, I am busy...

3 more days until my big day!! Today, I am busy doing all the little things to prepare for the big day! I packed my bag with extra cozy clothing, crackers, water, socks, and misc things. I am trying to clean the whole house and tackle all the laundry that needs to be done. I also started practicing sitting on my thighs and laying on my stomach. This is the only thing I am not looking forward to. I hope the recovery period goes by fast!!

The day of surgery: I was pretty calm, I spent the...

The day of surgery: I was pretty calm, I spent the last 2 nights packing all my belongings. A few days before surgery, I became a nervous wreck because I was unsure if I wanted to go through with the Vaser lipo method that my surgeon uses. However, when I got to the hospital, he explained the misconceptions of this method and how it was actually beneficial and better than the traditional lipo method. Also, when I weighed myself at the hospital, I realized I was 5 pounds less than I thought I was. Bummer. The doc came in and told me he would only be able to extract 300 cc's and that 400 cc's would be pushing it with my weight. Wow, was I disappointed! Luckily, after surgery, he was able to extract 380 cc's of fat! He also explained that the better I was contoured, the better my projection would be.

The first 2 days after surgery, I experienced some of the worst discomfort I have ever experienced. My backside was so swollen as I could feel lumps all over. I was scared to touch my backside, but I managed to softly rub the lumps and it really helped me with my discomfort. My whole body ached from the bruising and swelling. It was very hard for me to get comfortable. I highly suggest everyone to practice finding comfortable positions because it is too hard to experiment with that once you are post op from surgery. The first night, my incisions leaked a lot, but it pretty much subsided during day 2. It was a challenge for me to get any sleep the first 3 days because I am not used to sleeping on my stomach. I actually dreaded having to sleep at night because I knew how painful it would be to get on the bed, find a position, and then having to wake up with unbearable pain. My neck bothered me so much, but I put a thai oil ointment that seemed to really help with the aching. I found that placing a lightweight couch pillow under my stomach and elevating my feet on a regular pillow helped me to finally get some sleep. I don't recommend using a regular pillow to prop your face on. Instead, I used a neck pillow you use on airplanes.

Today is day 4 post op and I am feeling fine. I am able to get up from the bed myself and can use the doughnut pillow to sit on my thighs. My lipo areas are still very sore, but I am managing to walk around and the recovery process seems to be getting better and better. Overall, I am very happy with my results. I was disappointed that I would only be getting such a few amount of cc's but I must say that the 380 cc's certainly made a drastic difference! I didn't want a "ghetto" booty; instead I wanted something shapely, round, and proportional to my shape. My surgeon seems to be very skilled in contouring and that has made the biggest difference on the projection and appearance of my backside.

Advice to you BBL sisters:
The EZ P was a lifesaver.
Create a BBL box with all your necessities so it is all in a designated place for you to access
Use washable bed pads to place under you when your sleeping. You will be draining a lot during the first 2 days.
If you have not gone to the bathroom on day 2; use a stool softener
Make sure to be on schedule with your medications but make sure to fill your tummy with something healthy first
If your garment is too tight and is bothering some areas of your body then try putting gauze on those sites
Considering buying a second garment. I felt that my garment was way too tight and caused me to bruise even more. Plus, the very first day, you will be soaked from all the leakage, and you will want to wash your garment.
Drinks lots of water because this will help your immune system and of course with the healing
I have been eating a lot of pineapples, and I believe this is helpful with the reduction of swelling

Feel free to message me for pictures!

Feel free to message me for pictures!

I am so happy I found out about the BBL procedure....

I am so happy I found out about the BBL procedure. I am confident it is going to change my whole figure and give me even more confidence about myself. I was told I would only be getting 300 cc's on each cheek but Dr. W was able to extract 380 cc's per cheek. So far, I am absolutely delighted with my results. I am really looking forward to seeing my final results! If you are looking for a good BBL surgeon, please schedule a free consultation with Dr. W, he is very skilled and knowledgeable!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

My doctor was super. He answered all my questions and really showed me that he cared about giving me the results I wanted. I highly recommend him. I appreciated his bedside manner and breadth knowledge on the BBL procedure. I also liked the fact that he called me the night after my surgery to check up on me and told me to page him whenever I needed him. He uses the vaser liposuction fat transfer method and so far, I am delighted with my results. I am eager to see the final results! The staff in the office were all very pleasant and helpful. Carolyn, Dr. Wiener's assistant was very caring. Ewa was great with the scheduling!

Updated on 13 Jul 2012:
My doctor was super. He answered all my questions and really showed me that he cared about giving me the results I wanted. I highly recommend him to anyone out there looking into getting BBL. I certainly will be recommending him to all of my friends. I appreciated his bedside manner and breadth knowledge on the BBL procedure. I also liked the fact that he called me the night after my surgery to check up on me and told me to page him whenever I needed him. He uses the vaser liposuction fat transfer method and so far, I am delighted with my results. He did an amazing job with contouring me and gave me the look I desired. I am eager to see the final results! The staff in the office were all very pleasant and helpful. Carolyn, Dr. Wiener's assistant was very caring and also knowledgable.