Finally...normal Size Breasts!!! - Illinois

After years of low-hanging breasts, chronic back,...

After years of low-hanging breasts, chronic back, neck and shoulder pain, poor posture (hunched over), restricted activities (running) and having to buy larger shirts just to accommodate the "girls"...I am finally getting it done!!!

Tomorrow is the BIG day. Have to check into the...

Tomorrow is the BIG day. Have to check into the hospital at 10:30am and surgery is scheduled for 12:30...thoughts and prayers are welcomed!!! Good Luck to ALL and happy healing.

Surgery went well yesterday...started around...

Surgery went well yesterday...started around 12:45ish and left around 7:30 (I was so sleepy). I feel pretty good, got drains :( , have not had pain meds since the hospital...throat is super sore...urine flow is low...left breast has some discomfort, but tolerable and right breast is ok. Size of breast look super small, he said he was going for a full C, but I don't know, my husband says they look like an A cup LOL.

I still feel ok, just a bit miserable about no...

I still feel ok, just a bit miserable about no having a BM in 4 days. I have been taking the recommended Colace, but nothing! I took my surgical bra off once, but it was a "beast" to put back on...any easier way?

Post op day 4...Well I finally had a BMx2 after I...

Post op day 4...Well I finally had a BMx2 after I drank some mineral oil about 3AM this morning, I felt relief within an hour of taking it (gas that was built up finally started to expell). Still no pain, just a twinge here or there, but not bad enough for pain meds. I do have alot of itching on the outer sides of my breast, OMG it's driving me nuts!!!! And this sleeping on my back is getting so old (I'm a side and belly sleeper).

As of June 21st, drains are out, steri strips are...

As of June 21st, drains are out, steri strips are off, and no more surgical bra. Bali has some great, comfortable bras called flexible bras. I am moisturizing 2-3 times daily with Vaseline repairing moisture lotion and Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula. My breast are extra sensitive lately, but that's to be expected. I am so happy to be able to sleep on my side...that back sleeping was brutal! And I'm returning back to work on Tuesday...hope all goes well!
Dr. M. DeWolfe

Great PS and staff!

congratulations :)
Your boobs are healing so nicely! I'm so jealous that you can sleep on your side. I had my BR June 8th and I'm not even close to sleeping on my side yet. This back sleeping is terrible. Yesterday I bought a few new Bali bras too, but they were the Comfort Revolution ones. The Flexible ones look similar to them. Anywho, thanks for keeping us updated :)
OOh! Your boobs look so great! Congrats!

Glad you are doing great. Good luck back at work!!
Thanks Iowa!
ladyshay you look great, i cannot believe you arent still taking meds, you are a trooper!, I didn't find much relief from the colace either, just high fiber diet and tons of water. I think you will appreciate your compression bra eventually, I was only given a bra like you would buy at the store and i never felt secure so for several days I added an ace bandage, I wish i would have had one like yours, of course now I am wearing reg sports bras (havent shopped for cup size bras yet). Good luck you, happy healing!
Thanks busy...I am pain free, but itching like crazy. You look good too! How do you wrap with the Ace bandage (I need a back up for when I wash the surgical bra)?
I just started at my back then backed up to a door corner (I don't have anyone to help me) to hold it and wrapped it around me then taped it with packing tape (the hooks it came with didn't hold) also if you are just looking for something while you wash your bra i am sure a sports bra would be okay for that short time:)
Ok, thanks busy!!!
Hurrah! cheering for the "movement" ha, ha. Believe, me I KNOW how that feels. So glad you're not in much pain. I found benadryl helped with the itching, though I think I have a lot more to go yet.
Thanks!

I just thought I'd point out that you look FANTASTIC!!...in case you hadn't noticed :-D
Thanks Iowa...you look great too, you healed pretty good!

Thanks, Shay! I was extremely fortunate in the way that I healed.
Ladyshay, I've been doing one Miralax and two Ducolax every day and that works most days. Also a banana and lots of water. Oatmeal does not work for me for some reason, maybe you could try some different high fiber foods?

Also, I am amazed that you're not taking any pain meds - wow! I'm day 7 and still taking either ibuprofen or Tylenol or Percocet pretty much every four hours.

I hope you get some relief soon from what ails you - you sure look great in those new boobs!
Thanks...I don't eat bananas, but oatmeal w/ raisins usually work for me...I'm trying everything that will usually make me go as well, to no avail. I have not needed pain pills since day one, but I took a Norco on day 2 just to make me fall asleep. There is no pain, but I do get a bit queasy when I take my bra off (not from the site of them, just from the lack of support I guess)...weird.
Happy healing to you!

You can take the Colace twice a day if you need to. And if you have Miralax on hand you could use some of that as well. Continue taking the Colace until you are going regularly. Try adding some oatmeal, bananas, prune or apple juice if you haven't already been eating that. Good luck!
Thanks Iowa71...I added MiraLax to the Colace and still nothing yet, but not as bloated. I do eat oatameal with raisins and always take fiber caps, still nothing yet...hopefully soon. I have noticed a few small blisters on my sides where the bra is, I think because I am so bloated and it makes the bra fit tighter.

I laughed when I read that hubby thought you looked like an A! Too funny. Give it some time, once they come out of Maggie's Ferocious Beast, they won't look quite so small! Right after surgery I was pretty sure that mine were teeny...but they really are a DD!
you're wearing THE BEAST!!! i had the same post-surgery bra! it actually becomes quite comfortable and really protects things once you get used to it :)
happy healing!
Yeah, it's not so bad...just wish I had more. Thanks!

How are you feeling LadyShay? Sorry I didn't check in with you earlier, I've been out of town and un-connected for several days. Hope everything went well with surgery. Will be anxious to hear your update!
Thanks for checking...I updated above.
Hello LadyShay504 how are you doing? I am on the Edge! I can't stay still!! I am driving everyone crazy!! Today I cleaned the kitchen/dinning room from top to bottom! 7 days to go!!! June5th can not get here soon enough!!!!
I am nervous and anxious at the same time, but I am so ready! Got my blood work and EKG done on Friday and tomorrow I go to my doctor to get the ok for surgery.