Didn't Fix Intrinsic Stains - Houston, TX

I have grey-blueish intrinsic staining in my lower...

i have grey-blueish intrinsic staining in my lower front teeth from years of taking the antibiotic mynocin for acne. the zoom treatment helped minimally; but not worth the cost and, well, discomfort. 2 items: it took a long time sitting in the dental chair-to the point where i was getting really uncomfortable. 2nd, make sure you get the desesitizing solution before you leave the dental office. i had my treatment done before noon and felt fine when i left the office, but by 11:30 that evening all my freakin lower teeth ached. it felt like 8 major toothachs. the sensitivity solution the dentist gave me fixed it right away. obviously, if you have crowns or veneers zoom whitening won't do anything for those.

Thank you so much for your review.  I was very glad to hear that the desensitizing solution worked for you--hopefully others will read this review and ask for that as well.

Is the intrinsic staining fundamentally different in nature from that experienced by those who have tetracycline stains?  It sounds like it is, since you got yours from a different drug and no earlier than adolescence.  But I know that some people have had some luck with other treatments, like KOR for tetracycline.  But it was a lot of work.  Multiple treatments, pre-treatments, and, like, monthly post-treatments.

i have a good dentist. but his nephew, a recently licensed dentist, did this work. i feel the new dentist oversold me on the effectiveness of zoom whitening in removing intrinsic tooth stain because i had been told in the past by other dentists i consulted that eneers or crowns were the only fix for the problem. final words: i was hoping for a lot better results.