Voluma Under Eyes - Houston, TX

I am 38 yrs old...i was considering eyelid surgery...

I am 38 yrs old...i was considering eyelid surgery but thought I'd try voluma first...i got 2 viles - one in each eye...was easy, no pain & Dr said the results will improve in 2 weeks...I'll post more updates at that time :) so far im very happy! I should not have put this off for so long...if you have the $...just do it!

3 days later....happy!

3 days later...no bruising... its not surgery but I am happy happy!

voluma

it's been almost 2 months! I'm still very happy w my results. DO YOUR RESEARCH! I checked out numerous doctors before I decided n Google reviewed them... they will even give references if needed. idk why all these people had bad experiences...I'd do it again.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

staff was very nice, helpful & up front...would def go back

But voluma isn't for under the eyes! Artefill & Restylane works the best. Voluma is too thick!
Hi! How are things today? Any reaction to the fillers? Has it held up well? Thanks so much!
The 1st photo on the left..is this before the voluma? I can tell one of them is definitely after
You have a similar problem as me under the eyes. I just had Restalyn injected under my eyes and Voluma in my cheeks today. Your results look fabulous! I am very happy with my results, too.
Looks good! How long do results last?
Love your results!
Did the doctor inject in the tear trough or the cheek! You look fantastic!
I really don't know I didn't have a mirror to watch...I told him my concern was my under eye bags... I couldn't even tell where he stuck the needle in... he was that good & he promised me he never had a client bruise.
Thanks for the reply. Fabulous result!
idk where you live but I think it's worth the drive to Dr Vitenas to have it done right n carry on about your day without it being obvious...I went to my gym that evening n people kept saying "you look so good today"...lol it was a huge improvement but subtle enough that no one could pin point it. perfect!
I already have a early good injector I've been going to for years. I get Resty under my eyes because of dark circles. That's why I was curious if the Voluma was injected in your tear troughs or cheeks. I've been told it's not suitable for tear troughs because it's thicker than other HA's. I'm getting Voluma next week to my cheeks and am really excited about it. My older sister has had it done and it looks fabulous! Never- ending quest to look as good as possible :)
What is Resty? Is that a filler? I to have dark under eye circles and I'd love it if they could be filed and lightened by the same product.. Is that what happened for you?
I am sorry for the type-o's. I have hAd Estalyn put under my eyes before. So it was just a small amount as my estheticiandid not feel filler should be put under the eyes. Recently I had a surgeon put the luma TC under my eyes. I would never do it ever again. In fact I think I'm going to read more heavy duty operation like fat placed under their. But first I must get rid of these horrible lurch marks under my eyes. Be very careful and just do a tiny bit at a time. But I am jaded from my horrible experience.
R estalyn has worked in the past for me. Voluma has not. you can see my review on it on this site.
My husband just had this done and has swelling and bruising. I can't tell if he was over injected or if it's the swelling. But he has humps at his cheekbone area. Did you have significant swelling after it was done?
I had a blister like lump and a ridge that was red. I called my doctor and sent him photos but he said not to worry. Well, I should have because now I am going to need surgery to get it out. If you have concerns, go get it checked, don't wait. Always better to safe than sorry.
Yes I had swelling right after I was instructed to use ice packs on it. One eye was lumpy around the orbital, which went away a few days later. Hopefully his swelling will go down in a day or two.
I had slight swelling day after but not real noticeable... and absolutely no bruising! Dr. Vitenas is a pro!! my right undereye area is fuller than left but my left side was worse to begin w prob should have put a little more on left side... I'd def do it again!
I'm happy your result is so good.
Sounds great. My experience was HORRIBLE. 2 months later still looking like Lurch from The Adams family after board cert surgeon too! Hope your results last.....enjoy them.....
Looks great!
Very sad to hear about your delayed reaction :-( Do they know what caused it/why it took so long? This is definitely making me more hesitant to have Voluma now.
My doctor didn't know what to do and didn't care so I had to find another and in the process of getting it dissolved. The new doctor suspects a biofilm infection but if I were you knowing what I know, I would NEVER do it, it is too new and you can call them and ask about the people that have reported cases. It is not worth it never knowing if you are going to wake up in a couple of months like I did, and wander what in the world happened? If a doctor doesn't know about all the possible side effects and how to treat them, he shouldn't inject this stuff into anyone!
Hi! You look fabulous! :) Did the injections go into your tear trough area directly? Were your cheeks enhanced too, to help minimize the appearance of bags and lift the whole area? I was told I can't get Voluma directly under my eyes...
He put restylane in the tear trough but the VOLUMA went right below and have developed redness, swelling and bruising almost 3 months later. My initial reaction was bad with a blister like lump but it did go down. I just had to have it drained and also had the right side dissolved. I'm going back tomorrow to have the left side dissolved. It has been an awful experience and my doctor was dismissive of my concerns and didn't know what to do so I had to find someone who did.