No Better Doctor for a Better Me! - Houston, TX

Hello, I am a 42 year old mother of four and my...

Hello, I am a 42 year old mother of four and my motivation is my husband. I cannot remember a day in which my husband does has not told me how beautiful he thinks I am. I on the other hand rarely felt as such. My first 18 year marriage was extremely abusive...physically, emotionally and mentally. So you can understand that after years of hearing how fat and ugly I am, it's pretty hard to believe when anyone tells me I am beautiful. None the less, my husband pounds it into my head and never allows me to dismiss him.
With that being said. After much research and plenty of face to face consults with surgeons, I opted for both a tummy tuck and a breast lift with implants. I had exercised for years thinking that if I worked out enough, my overlapping belly would somehow go away. Well, it didn't. Even at my thinnest (which was a size 5/150lbs) it was STILL there. You see, at my heaviest I weighed in at 260, my breasts yoyoed between a 40dd and 36d. I had four C-sections and breast fed every single one of my children.
I chose Dr Mark A Schusterman because from the moment I walked through the office door, I felt "SAFE!" The staff was warm, pleasant and very eager. I had been to three other offices and although some held a very high and prestigious reputation, they lacked people skills. I remember feeling at one point that, although I was standing in front of the doctor, he didn't see me. Dr Schusterman and his entire staff see "you" as soon as you walk through his doors. The initial consult was difficult because he was so thorough and honest but, by the time I walked out of the office , I knew he would be my doctor.
I cannot stress how much this surgery has changed my life. I don't believe my husband had ever seen me completely exposed. I am no longer ashamed to have my belly rubbed and I actually go to bed without a bra now. I have to say, the recovery itself is rather difficult but, if you follow your doctor's instructions, you will have amazing results.
I am so grateful for what Dr Schusterman has done for not only myself but my husband as well. This surgery has improved my self esteem and allowed my husband and I to become more than what we were. Now when my husband tells me I'm sexy, or beautiful...I tend to believe him.
I'm also thankful to Dr Schusterman's entire staff. I'm thankful for answering every question, taking every phone call, coming to my room with a bouquet of flowers and a get well card after my surgery. You ALL have gone above and beyond.

EVB
Houston Plastic Surgeon

I can't imagine there is a finer doctor that I could have selected. So blessed to have found him.

you look like u 27 years old ur look great girl woow
You look amazing! I love your story i'm so happy your having a great road to recovery.
Thank you AmandaS2. I am very happy. I hope you are as well!!
You look beautiful! So happy for you that you got a new body and obviously a wonderful, loving husband! :)
Thank you so much 5alarmMistress. I am quite a lucky girl. I thank God for all things in my life, because of him I have a loving husband who is blessed and highly favored as well!!
What an I spring story... I have been 250lbs down to 160. I had a breast reduction in 2010 due to some neck n back problems. After that surgery I have felt wonderful ever since. I was a size 38ddd an now down to 36d. Ever since the BR I have been very active with exercise an outside with my kids more. The left over belly that I can't get rid of was frustrating me but then after my consult it made perfect since to do the surgery for my self esteem an to see what I have worked for the past 3 years :-) you look awesome an thank you for sharing
Thank you New36gal. I don't think anyone can understand how we feel or see ourselves unless they have worn our shoes for any amount of time. I had dreamt of having a tummy tuck for years. When my husband handed me the phone and told me to call and schedule an appointment I was beyond joyful!! He also convinced me that since I wore a bra to bed every night it would only make sense to also have a breast lift. I am such a blessed woman to have been sent such an amazing and supportive husband who sees past all my flaws. As he put it..."if this will help you see and feel how I ALREADY see you, then any amount of money is worth it!!" What a guy!! Good luck with your procedure and get ready for another amazing chapter in your life!!