Liposculpture: Just Wanting my Old Body Back - Houston, TX

I was a very fit person and had a great body (10...

I was a very fit person and had a great body (10 years ago) when I started working I did not had the time to exercise and even though I tried to eat as good as possible I still gain some pounds. I went from been 105 to 146. Just 2 years ago I got a job that gives me the time to exercise, but I only went down to 130 and have been there for the past year. I know that my age (42) and my hormones are not helping me get to where I want, so I am taking a short cut.
I started looking into liposculpture since 2 years ago, but decided to workout first before going forward. Several years ago I found a magazine here in Houston called Nu Image and went to every website of the doctors advertising in the magazine. There were two that I really liked; over time people threw in a few recommendations and I added four more to consult with...yes I did 6 consultations I was going to do 8, but there were 2 doctors that had very bad reviews on the internet so I rule them out. I think that reading doctors reviews beforehand is very important.
The doctor that I ended up choosing is one of my first two that I had seen in the magazine. Dr German Newall is one of the best liposculptures doctors in Houston, so I feel very confident that my results will be amazing. I am getting my whole body done. Abdomen upper and lower, hips, flanks, back, axilla, arms, inner and outer thighs (really hate my inner and outer thighs they make me look shorter) and my chin or neck area.
Hoping to look super curvy with a tinny waist and elongated looking legs.

All the tips that I have read here at Realself have been very useful, and have helped me prepared for this journey.

OMG!! I almost have every thing prepared. The bag that was given to me at the doctors office help me alot. This coming weekend I will do the finishing touches, since I work I do not have time on the weekdays.

Hey Maricela,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, it's not long until you ahve your surgery, right? Are you all prepared?

Sorry for the late update, but since I have been...

Sorry for the late update, but since I have been on meds I have not felt all that good, plus I can hardly up straight to type. Well since Thursday night I did not eat or drink any thing as I was told, and shower with a surgical soap that was given to me on my preop consultation. On Friday I got up and shower again with this soap, once we got to the surgical center , at 7 am I was place at a room where I answer a few question to a nurse, saw the doctor, he made the marks and showed me how my waist was going to be, than I met the anestassian he prep me, and on I went to the surgical room, in there a nurse undressed me and bathe me with a antibacterial foam, she told me to lay down... and all I remember is been seated in my husband car, I think I slept all the way home. I remember very little about Friday My surgery was at 8am my husband says I was out like about 11:30. I must say that I was in a recuperating room they keep you there like an hour or two. We had place a shower curtain to protect seat of the car, and good thing we did because I did leak on my way home. At home we also put a shower curtain where I was going to sleep to protect the mattress.

Saturday was not that bad, I felt pain but I can still go to the bath room with no help, My sister came to help me shower and change garments. The doctor gave me two garment; the one that I was sent home with and one for the next day.Luckily I did not got dizzy when showering. At the surgical center they had place maxi pads on each one of the incisions and my sister did the same. In the after noon I changes the maxi pads for some panty liners because the pads where to thick an they where hurting me.

Sunday, my husband help me shower, but I got super dizzy so I had to constantly stop an sit down when he was dressing me up.

I have not swollen much and I have even lost like 5 to 6 lb, I have read from people that this really does not happens that much, so I am very happy. I am posting pic with my garment on because I still get dizzy when I get it off. Once I can do it in the bathing suit I will do so.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I weight my self today and I am 125.6 YEAH. The...

I weight my self today and I am 125.6 YEAH. The only thing that I am seen is that my butt lose volume, I hope that it is just the garment that is making my look this way.

Today is my doctors visit and I will ask him if he took any fat from my butt... I hope not. There is also a very hard part in my abdomen area that still hurts more then the rest.

Yesterday I took a shower and got more dizzie than ever. Now I know what some pepole meant by "I hate the garment but when I am out of it I just want to get back in it"

The doctor gave me a Marena brand, and I have to say that it if very confortable

Thanks miamimom
no problem :) I'm getting liposculpture with a doc here in Miami. I'm reading up on reviews and bracing myself for the pain. I know working out helps with the pain tolerance so I hope I'm not too bad shape. However, i know i'll only minimize it slightly because I'm getting 3 procedures done in one day (oh boy!)
you look great!

O.K, so I had asked for one week of from work and...

O.K, so I had asked for one week of from work and I had to request a second one, why?? because I was not ready to go back to work after one week; when Sunday came I was still not able to change my self and I could not drive...so I was unable to go to work if I could not do these two basic things.On Monday 8/13/12 I stared to place ice in my lower back and belly area where most of my swelling is at, and it worked; next day I was finally able to hook and zip my garment up after using the restroom YEAH!! I have to say that I can pee with the garment on, but when doin number two I have to take it off. Yesterday; Wensday I was finally able to drive. I am feeling better every day I am still using the ice. OOHH and my mom made me a pot of arnica that I start to drink since Monday also.
I will up load pic tomorrow since I now can be out of my garment without been dizzy

You will be just fine, just stay on top of the painkillers. I was taking mine every 4 hr on the first week on this week I was taking them every 6 and now I can go on up to 8 hr before I start to feel pain and is not near as bad now.
Congrats on your lipo; when is your big day? and what parts are you getting done??
I'm getting fat graft for brazilian butt lift (bigger booty). So he is going to lipo lower back, flanks, basically all my back fat rolls (lol). He will be lipo'ing my arms too. He's leaving my inner thighs alone because he feels without the fat to support my skin on my inner thighs my skin will droop/wrinkle even more. I'm getting a tummy tuck too! My big day is 9/12 and I'm super scared sometimes lol
OMG!! miamimom you are brave... I just read your post. You will be fine, for what I read you have done you research and you are in hands of a good doctor. As far as after care you are doing the right thing in planing ahead as what you and your family is going to be eating. I took some chicken to my mom (she lives right across the street) and asked if she would make me a chicken vegetable soup; I ate that like for three days. Buy plastic table top at the dollar store to protect the seat of your car when they are taking you back. have some one help you the first week, and just stay on top of the pain killers, there nights that I took 2 just dont tell no one ;)
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr German Newall is one of the best liposculptures doctors in Houston, so I feel very confident that my results will be amazing. The staff at Dr. Newall’s office is super nice especially Paty; she is so fun. My pre-op consultation was 7/17/12 and I got a bag full of goodies; vitamins, arnica montana, bromelain, gauzes... WOW I was so delighted, not all doctors do this.